YouTube introduces YouTube Music Key (Subscription service)

too expensive, if it removed all ads from google services and maybe all adsense ads as well it might be worth it.

my reasoning is that they would not earn anywhere near as much from their regular advertising ($0.08 usd per click on an ad from what i understand)  

how is this different from google play music unlimited songs?

Energy can not be created nor destroyed, just converted to a different Type of energy.
My blog: T3Krant.blogspot.com

Lol I just use itube

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

how many songs do you listen to a month? (new songs/artists)

A lot....

My legit bought iTunes library is 198gb, and I also have spotify and google music

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Source: http://youtube-global.blogspot.be/2014/11/youtube-music-2014.html

Another music streaming service. It's good for the competition, but in the end I won't see it coming fast to my country.Give me spotify anyday! Spotify is the king

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

Or spotify

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

There was no real reason to pause videos when you locked the screen other than stopping people from using free YouTube instead of paid Google Play Music.

The only reason i use "OnRepeat" app

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

is it just me that thinks they should tailor the "my mix" by also considering last.fm?

whats the difference between this and spotify?

let me think

1. video

thats all i can think of  -_-

for music videos I'm sure YouTube is a better option. unless you plan on locking your phone's screen while watching one?

and as far as music goes, $8/month seems like a lot to me. how many songs do you listen to a month? (new songs/artists)

or will they charge us $8/month so we can loop 15 songs?

My library consists of Metallica (all albums), Eminem (most albums), Watsky (about 4 singles), Childish Gambino (about 3 singles)

and a lot of covers of metal/rock by Charlie Parra on YouTube (Creator of The Sandy Ravage Theme)

it's a hard sell for me because movies/TV shows are more expensive to produce than music. not to mention server costs for larger files (movies/TVshows) so I'm skeptical of the price.

Or spotify

Yep, I'm in.

I love Google All Access, WELL worth $10/month.

I wonder if we automatically get this if we are already paying for All Access Music?

Guys, please read the actual topic before posting comments. As @Scheer said, it also includes All Access, the music streaming service from Google. So basically, you get All Access (the same thing as spotify, I like it better than Spotify) and you can stream youtube music videos without ads + stream those videos in the background. They are just expanding the features you get with their music service. Which is awesome.

// TODO: Update signature to include PC buid.

I was wondering why they took out background playback a while back, but now I see that it's just so they could charge for it in the future.. That being said, I might use this service if it's includes all Youtube videos and not just music. Not a bad value considering it includes Play Music.

"It will also include a subscription to Google Play Music" - I think this is mainly what we should be focusing on. All they did was add more funtionality to Google Play Music for a niche group that wanted it. Some people may want to listen to the WAN show in the car or something without worrying about the audio cutting out when the screen turns off, or listen to a friend's small song remix that is on youtube. It's google play music with more fuctionality, same price and everything, I don't know why they tried to make it seem like this was it's own seperate thing.

I don't think people are getting what this is. You can play any youtube video in the genre music with these offline things and stuff. Things like play music and spotify only play music that has been released on a label or something, and uploaded to spotify/play music. With this you can listen to youtubers doing their own thing, as well as all the mainstream stuff, with video or without. You can listen to funny parodies and shitty covers as well as the real music :P That is why this is better than for example spotify for people like myself atleast, so google might start getting a stream of money from me soon xD

Main Rig: Cpu: Intel Core i7 4790k CPU Cooler: NH_d15 GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD7970 Windforce III MOBO: Msi Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: HyperX Fury 1600 8gb white SSD: Samsung 840 evo 250gb PSU: Corsair CX750M Case: NZXT H630 white

PC peripherals: Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster T27B550 Keyboard: Logitech G105 Mouse: Logitech G700s Headphones: Logitech G430 

It annoys me that they screw up basic functionality on mobile (aka pausing video with screen lock) to add fake value to this service.

1) Add-free? YAY!

2) Download and view offline? Amazing thing!

3) Unlock the ability to not have your video paused and conserve energy? - you bunch of #@%$#@$%^#$% losers crippling an application and forcing me to use mods that don't play any of your adds, ever.

Due to practices like #3 i refuse to even consider using it. Learn to add value (like #1&2) instead of shoving basic functionality behind a pay wall. Another point down, google

Garbage

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I'd much rather download my music anyway. Never do much or if any streaming of music. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III