Do NOT shop at Newegg this season

This is a PAS about the horrible experience I'm STILL having with Newegg. Purchases are being declined because of "incorrect" card info, and customer service is at 4 hours on hold and counting after quoting me 35 minutes. Chat-based customer service said "we're sorry for your inconvenience no less than 7 times and then tried to get me off the line without actually addressing the issue at all. This was over a 40 minute conversation.

As for the "incorrect info" my bank and credit card providers assure me that, after double-checking my accounts, everything I entered was correct and that "any retailer should be able to accept payment" from me. I have now cancelled $800.00 worth of parts from them and will be looking into Micro Center and Amazon when their (better anyway) sales hit. Save yourself the hassle and do the same.

wait... so youre saying because you are having issues with them nobody else should shop there? i say thats not %100 right.. especially considering you have not lost money.. but yeah try micro center and amazon

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Are you using the mobile device or website as well as a mac or windows pc? I had the same issues with my mac and it worked on my phone.

This is a new issue to me, never heard of this kind of error, let alone from newegg. Then again I use Paypal so I never have problems like that.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I will continue shopping at Newegg despite the shills and fake news.

I will never shop at Amazon but thanks for the tip. Cant wait for Newegg's black friday deals. They never decline my American Express.

I would try again might be just a minor glitch that fixes itself. Never has any issue with newegg and their customer service has been always be top notch in my experience

13 minutes ago, IMPNick said:

mobile device or website as well as a mac or windows pc

PC. Have tried multiple browsers

2 minutes ago, GrogStache said:

PC. Have tried multiple browsers

I would try on their mobile app thats what ended up working for me if not i would just use microcentre its the better store i think.

I literally buy something from Newegg bi-weekly and have never once had an issue with payment processing

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

1 hour ago, Amazonsucks said:

I will never shop at Amazon 

I could never have guessed. . .

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14

I also use PayPal. The only time I had a problem with a Newegg order, the problem was with my credit union. Newegg kept my order on hold until I was able to get things straightened out with my idiot credit union. That allowed me to still get the sale price even though the sale had already ended by the time I got things straightened out.

I have received far better customer service than from Amazon (Amazon has become so bad, I only buy eBooks from the) and MicroCenter never has what I'm looking for.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

1 minute ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

That allowed me to still get the sale price even though the sale had already ended by the time I got things straightened out.

Newegg literally forced me to cancel my order, said it was the only way to reset their internal error. Again, th bank also confirmed that this was not a bank-side error. Also, Newegg took over 15 hours to correct the error, during which time they:

Quoted me 45 minutes for a call-back (never called)

Stopped updating my place in line on chat customer service after I hit number 100

Quoted me 50 minutes to call me back (again never called me at all)

Told me via chat to navigate to a different page in their site, which deleted the chat window from my browser (both on Chrome and Firefox), and dropped my conversation on their end never to be heard from again.

Quoted me 35 minutes if I stayed on the line for support (this was in reality 2 hours and 40 minutes)

Repeatedly used demeaning phrases like "so sorry to hear that" without offering any actual remedy or aid, even when asked what steps were being taken.

Asked repeatedly in the same conversation whether or not I had confirmed that this was NOT a bank issue, further belittling me and my grasp of the facts.

This was not a one-off error on their part. This was a breakdown of the entire system.

3 hours ago, GrogStache said:

This is a PAS about the horrible experience I'm STILL having with Newegg. Purchases are being declined because of "incorrect" card info, and customer service is at 4 hours on hold and counting after quoting me 35 minutes. Chat-based customer service said "we're sorry for your inconvenience no less than 7 times and then tried to get me off the line without actually addressing the issue at all. This was over a 40 minute conversation.

As for the "incorrect info" my bank and credit card providers assure me that, after double-checking my accounts, everything I entered was correct and that "any retailer should be able to accept payment" from me. I have now cancelled $800.00 worth of parts from them and will be looking into Micro Center and Amazon when their (better anyway) sales hit. Save yourself the hassle and do the same.

I have used cards and paypal with Newegg and haven't had an issue. I just recently (as in 2 days ago) bought some thermal compound with a credit card. No issues. Being that it was $800...if that isn't a common thing you do, it may have been something that was flagged by your credit card company.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Razor Blade said:

Being that it was $800...if that isn't a common thing you do, it may have been something that was flagged by your credit card company. 

Unless this thread already addressed that issue somehow through words.

2 minutes ago, GrogStache said:

Unless this thread already addressed that issue somehow through words.

Even though I was typing my reply when you posted yours. Either way it sounds like your experience isn't a common occurrence.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

4 hours ago, Shyam Ganapathy said:

microcenter is bae. love having a physical store 10 mins away from me when I need parts, and all of this at a great price.

Plus refund is much faster and easier. Unlike credit/debit, it will take 10 business days and Paypal I think you will see the refund within 24 to 48 hours. 

I have other issues with NewEgg so I don't use them, but to say "so sorry to hear that" is a demeaning phrase is simply incorrect.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

5 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I have other issues with NewEgg so I don't use them, but to say "so sorry to hear that" is a demeaning phrase is simply incorrect.

Newegg customer support: Sorry to hear that. 

Just now, Speed Weed said:

Newegg customer support: Sorry to hear that. 

LoL.
It's just odd that someone would take that as demeaning. It's a pretty standard thing to say sorry. Plus a lot of the time English isn't the support agents first language, so..

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 minute ago, dizmo said:

LoL.
It's just odd that someone would take that as demeaning. It's a pretty standard thing to say sorry. Plus a lot of the time English isn't the support agents first language, so..

Not a lot of people are born in America. Even I am not 100% American, but I am an American citizen through citizenship eligible. 

1 minute ago, Speed Weed said:

Not a lot of people are born in America. Even I am not 100% American, but I am an American citizen through citizenship eligible. 

Customer support is one of the largest outsourced employment sectors ;) So when I say not their first language, I mean they're not even in the same continent.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

PS its PSA or what i thought it was called rather than PAS. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

3 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Customer support is one of the largest outsourced employment sectors ;) So when I say not their first language, I mean they're not even in the same continent.

Wdym not even in the same continent? 

I have really had nothing but bad experiences with them. Or, better put, I have never had a good experience with them. Some were just blah. :)