Do NOT shop at Newegg this season

Been buying from Newegg for well over a decade and never have problems. I'll tell you what I tell everyone else. On any site, use literally any payment option other than directly entering your credit card number if available. Use PayPal, Masterpass (MasterCard), Amex Express Checkout, Amazon Pay, whatever is available. I've always used PayPal on Newegg and not once have I ever had a problem.

Newegg allowed a purchase to go through when my PayPal was compromised, but treated me like a criminal when I tried to make a legitimate purchase.

The only reason I gave Newegg a chance again after abysmal customer service was because of a pre-black Friday sale on a graphics tablet. What should have taken a few minutes to purchase spanned several hours of my time wasted over two days. Why? The shipping address with PayPal had my girlfriend's name.

Here's the thing, we've been living together for 3 years and no other e-tailer ever cared.  Never had issues with Amazon shipping or B&H. Those two companies never made it a massive pain in the ass to give them money like Newegg has. If it wasn't for this sale, they would have been completely blacklisted. Their service is trash compared to what they used to be.

The fact Newegg's solution to a compromised PayPal was to suspend my original account and then made it difficult to place a legit order with PayPal has left a very bad impression after being loyal to them since 2005. 

21 minutes ago, PacketMan said:

So nobody should buy there because YOUR card info is incorrect? That's seems wrong.

As for the "incorrect info" my bank and credit card providers assure me that, after double-checking my accounts, everything I entered was correct and that "any retailer should be able to accept payment" from me. 

Does help to read the whole thing. There is a reason why it had quotation marks. 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

5 minutes ago, PacketMan said:

It's his card info the problem, I don't really care if it's the site's bug or bank's or whatever, saying that no one should buy somewhere because they found a problem it's WTF, don't buy yourself, but don't say the rest of us to not buy, hilarious

Btw, if you can't buy in a shop, the logic says you have to buy somewhere else.

The problem isn’t the OP’s card info, if he alongside his bank are to be believed. If he would’ve had no issues using that same card with the same info on another website, then his card isn’t the problem.

The issue he’s highlighting lies with Newegg’s support, who looked to be pretty unhelpful in OP’s case. The system that manages payments on Newegg’s end mistakenly thought OP’s card info was incorrect (according to the OP). As such, customer support would typically try to look at the situation and attempt to correct any error to make it go through.

I’ve had payment issues with Apple, Microsoft and other services. In those cases, their support representatives, even those with a reputation for subpar support, at least tried to help. In OP’s case at least, it doesn’t seem like he got that sort of support.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

While Newegg's website and product selection has declined in quality somewhat since a Chinese firm bought them, their customer service has still been excellent for me.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

If I stopped by from everyone that I had an order problem with, I would be making my own components in the garage.  Amazon, Newegg, Walmart, BH, Mwave, Microcenter, Frys and so on have all screwed up at one point, but there are ways to resolve issues.  

I have probably spent $20-30k with Newegg in my lifetime and have found that banks screw up plenty causing issues with the seller.  Even if they swear up and down that everything is fine.

Gaming - AMD TR 3970X | ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme II | G.SKILL Neo 3600 64GB | Zotac Nvidia 2080 Ti AMP | 2x Sabarent 1TB NVMe | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 1000w | Corsair K70 RGB Lux | Corsiar M65 | 2x ASUS Rog PG279Q | BenQ EW3270U | Windows 10 Pro | EKWB Custom loop

ITX - Intel i7-10700k | Asus ROG Z490-I Gaming | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200 32GB | EVGA 2080 Super| Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB SSD | NZXT H1| Windows 10 Pro

HTPC - Intel i9-9900k | Asus ROG Maximus XI Code | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200 32GB | EVGA 1070 | Samsung 970 1TB | WD Blue 1TB SSD | NZXT H700  | EVGA G3 1000W | Corsair H150i | Windows 10 Pro

Servers - SuperMicro 846 | 2x 2695L V2 | 128GB | Chelsio 10Gbe | Chelsio 40Gbe | 24 x 6TB | FreeNas - SuperMicro 826 | 2 x 2695L | 128GB | Chelsio 10Gbe | Chelsio 40Gbe | 8 x 10TB | 847 24 x 1TB SSD | Windows Server 2019

Work - Dell XPS 15 9560 | i7-7700HQ | 32 GB RAM | 1TB NVMe | 4k dsiplay

I only use paypal for newegg. Using credit cards seems to fail 90% of the time for me. 

I have even called my credit card company to tell them that I am going to spend over $500 at newegg and then have newegg cancel the order.

My credit card customer service informed me that newegg is flagged as a top fraud site.  So the credit card companies are tough on newegg & newegg is tough on us. 

The up side for me is that I no longer go into debt on hardware purchases. 

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

I have never had an issue with an order from Newegg in the past 15 years from ordering from them... Sorry, but this has zero weight to me. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Let's be honest here. Newegg has been going down hill for a few years now and is but a shadow of what it use to be. The support they gave use to be very good. No question asked replacements on dead components. Now they seem to make you jump through hoops and make you pull teeth to have something replaced that show up DOA. There is a reason Amazon is gaining the traction it is for component sells. You get it more quickly and get the wonderful support they offer.

Then again Microcenter is the boss when it comes to these things. I fully support the one we have here and it is always packed and busy as hell. I did have one issue there trying to return a ram kit with a bad stick of ram, but I finally got that resolved... just needed to talk to the head manager instead of the peons.

19 hours ago, GrogStache said:

I have now cancelled $800.00 worth of parts from them and will be looking into Micro Center and Amazon when their (better anyway) sales hit.

If you thought Amazon and MicroCenter were better then why did you spend your money at Newegg to begin with?

9 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

I have never had an issue with an order from Newegg in the past 15 years from ordering from them... Sorry, but this has zero weight to me. 

I've never had an issue either.  Although I only buy from NewEgg and not the 3rd party sellers on their site.  Same goes for Amazon...

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

Newegg has never given me anything besides stellar service.

Maybe try being nicer and speaking clearly when you get a hold of someone. Trust me, this helps a lot.

I'm not saying you're screaming at them like a lunatic on the phone, but I don't imagine you're keeping your emotions in check either.

I agree that waiting a long time on the phone is frustrating, but it's that time of year when retailers get busy.

System specs:

GTX 1050

16GB DDR3

Samsung evo SSD

a few HDD's

I've never had problems with Newegg, always great service

Systems:

Main Gaming:                                                        Windows XP:

Ryzen 5 2600                                                               Intel Pentium 3

Asus RX 580 OC                                                     1GB DDR2

Patriot Viper DDR4 8GB                                         Asus Motherboard

Asus ROG B450-I                                                   Dell 300W

Corsair CX 450                                                       ATI Rage 128 Fury Pro

FreeNAS Server:                                                   Windows 98/95 duel boot:

I5 3400k                                                                  Pentium Pro

Patriot DDR3 8GB                                                  HP Vectra motherboard 

Gigabyte Ultra Durable                                           500MB RAM

Rosewill Glacier 600W                                           Soundblaster 16

Matrox Mystique

Random PC:                                                         

AMD Phenom x4 850                                          Key:

Kukete A78                                                          Motherboard

Kingston 4GB DDR3                                            Memory

Dell 500W                                                            Power Supply

Graphics Card

Other Gaming:                                                    Sound Card

Ryzen 5 2600                                                       Processor

Asus ROG Strix B350-F Gaming

MSI 1050 OC

Hyper-X 16GB DDR4

EVGA 750 B2

14 hours ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

PS its PSA or what i thought it was called rather than PAS

it is a PSA. As you can tell, I was livid when I wrote it. Never have I been brushed off as at fault so consistently by a company that I had proven to be the at-fault party through working with my bank.

14 hours ago, dizmo said:

LoL.
It's just odd that someone would take that as demeaning.

Ok. How many times have you asked for actual aid to be met with that sort of response, repeated time and again without action being taken? Extreme example:

You: "I'm bleeding, help me"

Person with a medical degree, free time, and bandages: "Thoughts and prayers"

You: "no seriously, help me. I can see that you could if you wanted."

Person with a medical degree, free time, and bandages: "Thoughts and prayers"

You: "I will pay you. I was going to pay you for this service anyway. I like you. whay are you treating me like this?"

Person with a medical degree, free time, and bandages: "Thoughts and Prayers"

I think that enough iterations to show that the phrase "thoughts and prayers" begins to feel like "fuck you" after a very short while. This was my experience through the many many times I was told "I'm sorry to hear that" from multiple Customer Service reps, acting off their scripts and towing the "the customer always made an error, not our system" thought process that dominates big companies like Newegg. The thing is, for decades I have been a person who recommends that company over other outlets. To have them treat a loyal, even proactive customer like this was a shock and left a revolting taste in my mouth. They've gotten too big to give a shit though, so that's that. Lost me as an advocate and a customer.

19 minutes ago, Terryv said:

I'm not saying you're screaming at them like a lunatic on the phone, but I don't imagine you're keeping your emotions in check either.

then for the first 12 hours of this debacle, you're assuming wildly incorrectly

19 minutes ago, Terryv said:

it's that time of year when retailers get busy.

16 hours?

1 hour ago, AngryBeaver said:

Let's be honest here. Newegg has been going down hill for a few years now and is but a shadow of what it use to be. The support they gave use to be very good. No question asked replacements on dead components. Now they seem to make you jump through hoops and make you pull teeth to have something replaced that show up DOA. There is a reason Amazon is gaining the traction it is for component sells. You get it more quickly and get the wonderful support they offer.

Then again Microcenter is the boss when it comes to these things. I fully support the one we have here and it is always packed and busy as hell. I did have one issue there trying to return a ram kit with a bad stick of ram, but I finally got that resolved... just needed to talk to the head manager instead of the peons.

I agree Newegg has gone downhill in the past couple of years or so but they still are pretty good as long as you are buying directly from them and not a Marketplace vendor (thos are all pretty sketchy looking to me). My most recent encounter, two or three months ago, with their customer service was an "eggcellent" experience.

1 hour ago, Velcade said:

I've never had an issue either.  Although I only buy from NewEgg and not the 3rd party sellers on their site.  Same goes for Amazon...

Exactly. The customer reviews for the Marketplace vendors are less than stellar with suspicious patterns emerging pretty quickly when you read them (actually read each one, not just the egg rating), which is why I avoid those when ever I can.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

• 3 months later...

Sorry for the necro, but I just wanted to say - I had the same exact issue, and just fixed it.  For some reason, Newegg's payment system sucks majorly, especially if you ever touch Paypal.

They have an agreement with Paypal to only ship to the address slammed into the card - so if you've ever moved, there's gonna be a problem somewhere.

Another issue is that Newegg's system of updating addresses also sucks.  You, as a user, cannot REMOVE information, only add or change it.  Which usually wouldn't be an issue, but if your ADDRESS contained a second line before and doesn't now, you CANNOT remove the 2nd line - and that'll cause payment verification problems.

tldr; Resolved in 10 minutes when I called - Ask for Keith, he's super chill.  Have address & card on hand.