PC vs Mac

montyrule

Okay his question should be how much does he value going on holiday and eating. He should embarsse the saying embrasse the debet because u are going to be In a lot of it if u by a gaming mac or if ur getting a mac for productivity u are dumb

Okay his question should be how much does he value going on holiday and eating. He should embarsse the saying embrasse the debet because u are going to be In a lot of it if u by a gaming mac or if ur getting a mac for productivity u are dumb

No reason to call people dumb. Adobe's products do run nicely on a mac. Just because someone uses a mac doesn't make them dumb. When I went to defcon last year I meet Kevin Mitnick, and he uses a mac. I definately wouldn't call him stupid when it comes to computers.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

Why don't I use Mac OS. I simply cannot get used to the OS, I have tried. For weeks. I simply do not like it. I also don't really like white

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

I have acctualy though about it and don't know how apple are still making money with there dogey os and high prices there's no reason to get a mac and u can argue as much as u won't mate if ur against windows or something dumb like that use linuxs becuase that speacialies in something and u might be able to game on it in the future

Okay my mum and her friends where going to get macs a preety muched protested and had explain that I will not talk to her if she does and every thing is infireyer like garage band vs fruity loops like it's there same for all their programs there's a better windows or luinx alternative

I have acctualy though about it and don't know how apple are still making money with there dogey os and high prices there's no reason to get a mac and u can argue as much as u won't mate if ur against windows or something dumb like that use linuxs becuase that speacialies in something and u might be able to game on it in the future

I prefer windows myself, and I agree there prices are extreme. There OS is based around user ease this alot of there users rely on that right there.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

i was a full Windows user and stayed away from mac for a long time, till i got one from my grandparents. of course i installed windows on it. later, Mavericks came out, and i loved it. i really cant say which OS i like better. though,gaming i prefer PC (obviously), but editing i prefer Mac. and just for general stuff, i'll used whatever OS im on 

MotherBoard: Asus Z87 Gryphon CPU: i5 4670k CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X41 GPU: Asus Radeon R9 290 DCUII RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866 2x4GB

PSU: Corsair HX650v2 SemiModular Storage: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB Case: Corsair Obsidian 350D mATX Monitor: Samsung S24D590PL Keybord: Ducky Shine Zero Cherry  Red Mouse: Corsair Raptor M45

I don't buy mac the same reason I don't buy dell, alienware, hp, lenovo etc. I don't like to be limited in the parts I choose for my computer, as computers are my passion. 

This being said I don't hate on macs. I just can't justify them in everyday life. For all the use cases I use computers, a windows PC does them just as good if not better than mac, and if money was no object, I'd still buy all the parts myself and put them together for a windows PC.

That being said there are a fair few cases that a mac makes a billion times more sense in. I just never need them.

I also get free windows keys through my studies. Can't (legally) sell them, so that's a thing. 

Oh people stop arguing the whole "MAC is/isn't a pc thing".  apple spent the better part of a decade with its "I'm a pc and I'm a Mac" ads telling everyone it was not a pc.  so if apple don't want the mac to be associated with a pc (even though by the actual definition of PC it is) then so be it, they have only fallen victim to the marketing. let it go already...

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Ive recently Purchased Macs and the quality of Build is awesome but I cant get used to the OS, I returned them within a few days not being able to navigate the OS,

Though I must say I love the look of the NEW MAC PRO, the price of which here is 3000 canadian for the base model is is kinda redickudonk, and im getting better frame rates on my current build with a old 6850 card and a i5 is kinda crazy.

We should have an option to choose both. 'Cause i use both.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

well I use the PC, because there isn't a decent alternative just like I use Android, but Android isn't as messed up

As OS I like OSX way more than Windows, but I also like to build my own rig instead of buying overpriced all-in-one computers or laptops... I'd probably go for a hackintosh if OSX were gaming capable

RIG: i7 2600, Asus GTX660 OC, 120GB SSD, 1TB WD blue HDD, 1,5TB HDD, Corsair GS700w, Bitfenix Prodigy M.

LAPTOP: MacBook late 2009 (Upgrades: 128GB SSD, 4GB RAM)

I don't buy mac the same reason I don't buy dell, alienware, hp, lenovo etc. I don't like to be limited in the parts I choose for my computer, as computers are my passion. 

This being said I don't hate on macs. I just can't justify them in everyday life. For all the use cases I use computers, a windows PC does them just as good if not better than mac, and if money was no object, I'd still buy all the parts myself and put them together for a windows PC.

That being said there are a fair few cases that a mac makes a billion times more sense in. I just never need them.

I also get free windows keys through my studies. Can't (legally) sell them, so that's a thing. 

congratz on your first post.

Anyways macs are good i had to be forced into it. But i like it. now the only reason why don't make a hackintosh is because im not a video editor. I am someone who plays video games at least 30 minutes everyday. and mac is not supported on mos games. so that is why i use my pc. But honestly macs are not inferior to pc's it's all about what your needs are and what have you already gotten used to because everything else seems irrelevant

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB 

We should have an option to choose both. 'Cause i use both.

I also use both. 

Why a mac ?

At the time (2010), I had 2k to spend on a laptop, and there wasn't any other viable alternative for what I was looking for (light, rock solid, 5hrs+ battery life, decent keyboard/trackpad, powerful enough for photo/video editing yet silent)

And more than 3 years later, I'm still convinced it was a good purchase, it has never let me down, there isn't a scratch on it, the keyboard/trackpad still work perfectly, the battery still lasts more than 5hrs, it's still dead silent (the louder component is the WD scorpio black I put in it), the fans never ramp up except when rendering on AE, Maya, etc. Even the hinge isn't wobbly at all, despite being used at least 15-20 times a day.

When I see all my friends in class, who spent 1000-1500€ back then. Half of the laptops have been replaced since then, the other half isn't in very good condition.

Also I was curious, and instead of jumping in any bandwagon, I wanted to try it and see the pro/cons myself. I think an opinion based on personnal experience is far more valuable.

Why a "PC" ? (don't play stupid, you know what I mean ;) )

I love building computers, and tinkering with them. It's still the best choice for a multi-monitor desktop, it's far more flexible, and I just like having that thing on my desk that I know every bit of, I can recognise every sound, and find the source of any problem almost instantly. I also love gaming, overclocking. And I like having a whole world of knowledge to learn, a custom-built desktop provides that.

Also I'd like to add something : It's funny, but I see far more apple hate, mainly based on the false assumption that every owner of an apple product is a cabalist, than I see apple consumers trying to shove their "apple love" in people's throat.

I mean, I would never recommend an apple computer to anyone, because it's bloody expensive, and most people I know just don't have that kind of money to spend on a laptop. There are also many downsides for an everyday use, many casual softwares not available for OSX, many compatibility issues with HDD formats, network specs, etc.

I use a pc because

1.I dont have that much of money to spend on a finished system, I'd rather buy hardware parts and upgrade my PC

2.OS - In school we have those all-in-one macs (I don't even know what they're called) and it was really a pain in the back to switch from Windows to IOS. I grew up with Windows and I don't think that will change in the near future

3.I hate apple </3

Oh people stop arguing the whole "MAC is/isn't a pc thing".  apple spent the better part of a decade with its "I'm a pc and I'm a Mac" ads telling everyone it was not a pc.  so if apple don't want the mac to be associated with a pc (even though by the actual definition of PC it is) then so be it, they have only fallen victim to the marketing. let it go already...

Don't you mean you have fallen victim to the marketing? If you insist it can't be a PC that means they have won.

What do you have against Unix based OSs?

Signatures are stupid.

And tell use why you use it!

I love the freedom you get with Windows. Viruses? I'm okay with that, just get Malwarebytes and Windows Defender and you're golden.

Don't you mean you have fallen victim to the marketing? If you insist it can't be a PC that means they have won.

I never stated my personal position other than to insinuate I don't care, because while technically it is,  they don't want it to be. So all I am saying is the argument is moot, and get over it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

OS X all day.

No, I'm not kidding.

Steven-Jobs-9354805-2-402.jpg

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

OS X all day.

No, I'm not kidding.

<SNIP>

Yes, I would agree.

Quote me to get a reply!