PC vs Mac

montyrule

Ok, here are my 2 cents. I think that MacBook Pro's are fantastic laptops. They last forever, are super fast, and the gesture controls are very intuitive. If I was in the market for a laptop, I would get a MacBook Pro.

On the desktop/workstation/gaming side of the equation, there is no other option than a PC. They provide insane bang for your buck, and endless customization.

ASUS Maximus VII Hero || Intel i7-4790k || ASUS STRIX GTX 970 || Mushkin Blackline 4x4gb (16gb) 1600mhz || ADATA SX900 128gb SSD || 4 Random HDD's (1.5TB Total) || CM Storm Scout II || Enermax NAXN 80+ Bronze 650w || Corsair H100i || Windows 7 Home

I don't like using Mac OS because stupid little things that do make it hard to switch back and forth, like close buttons on the other side, different file structure, etc.

Sure its usable, but it makes using the other OS slower and more cumbersome than the one the person is used to. That doesn't make anyone stupid.

Well I assume you read what I said since you quoted it, but I'll say it again. I never meant to generalise, and I admit that was a mistake since it did seem like I was.

Nevertheless, I would argue your point in the other direction. Can't beat Applications being in /Applications/ as oppose to both C:/Program Files (x86)/ and C:/Program Files/, separately, who the hell thought that was a brilliant idea? Documents being in ~/Documents/ rather than C:/Users/$user/Documents etc. Hey, let's install an application, drag and drop into /Applications/. That's just due to Mac OS being based on a Unix derivative, which is great in my opinion.

Honestly though, it probably just comes down to the fact I cycle through OSes constantly. The Command button on Mac is pretty much a Windows control, so for common programs I just use keyboard shortcuts to close windows.

This isn't to say I'm saying Mac OS is superior in every way. Whoever thought requiring to use the command line to delete files on an external disk becoming a thing could use a slap to the face...

Mac Linux windows still a personalllll computerrrr

Ok, here are my 2 cents. I think that MacBook Pro's are fantastic laptops. They last forever, are super fast, and the gesture controls are very intuitive. If I was in the market for a laptop, I would get a MacBook Pro.

On the desktop/workstation/gaming side of the equation, there is no other option than a PC. They provide insane bang for your buck, and endless customization.

Lenovo is the option

Well it looks like your reasoning can be tl;dr'd as "I'm a fanboy", so you're just acting like an idiot. I switch between Windows/Mac OS/Linux very frequently since I own a MBP and a desktop computer running Windows/Linux. I switch to Windows to game, that's it.

Well aren't you fabulous? Humans don't like changes and that's a fact. Good for you if you can switch between those OSes without a problem, but the majority are still Windows Users and it will take a few decades to catch up with the big crowd or, what I think, not at all.

Mac, cause I can. 

iMac 27in. @ 4.3GHz l 32GB Ram l 512GB Flash l GTX 780M 

Mac Pro @ 3.5GHz 6 Core l 64GB Ram l 512GB PCIe Flash l Dual AMD FirePro D700

Currently, just Windows and Linux, Windows for gaming and HTPC, Linux for a file server. I've owned several Macs, they were fine for 2-3 years but Apple's forced obsolesence became annoying so I stopped wasting money on Macs. Apple only supports the last 2-3 years of their system models with each new OS release. The problem though is software vendors pull dick moves and only support the latest OS when they update their software with major revisions leaving people with perfectly working systems out of luck. Ran into problems with not being able to run the latest games and virtual machine software simply due to OS version checks built-in to new software releases.