**UPDATED: 3DMARK RESULTS** Intel Core i9-9900K, Core i7-9700K and Core i5-9600K CPU Performance Leaks *+Release date rumour*

RobbinM
5 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Interesting... Too bad they decided to do away with HT on i7.

Gotta have something to add for the next generation, all new HT on i7. Innovation right there ;).

So what exactly is the differentiation between i3/5/7/9 now if it has nothing to do with number of cores or hyperthreading?

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

18 minutes ago, silberdrachi said:

So what exactly is the differentiation between i3/5/7/9 now if it has nothing to do with number of cores or hyperthreading?

The name.

23 minutes ago, silberdrachi said:

As far as I can tell, i9 is what i7 was. i7 is new i5 but with more cache and more core.

i5 is still i5, same with i3.
Basically, making their crap more confusing for consumers.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Why does it have to do with i3/5/7/9 numbering?

It's just conveniant for normies at the store, figuring out what system probably is faster than the other.

The i5 is faster than i3. i7 is faster than i5 and i9 is faster than i7. It's really simple.

Comparing it with previous generation is just giving yourself a headache, and nobody does that at a retail store because they cannot buy the old generation so that information is obsolete.

No signature found

i9 is running on z370

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Yes. So if you just bought an i7 8700k, you might be able to flip it for good money and upgrade to i9 if you'd want.

I'm waiting for high-end Z390 to pop up as well. Asrock Taichi anyone?

No signature found

>Geekbench

It's a no from me.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

It sure sounds like a winner.

Will be interesting if other benchmarks confirm these results.

Also, like those prices. Was expecting much higher.

1 hour ago, RobbinM said:

Why does it have to do with i3/5/7/9 numbering?

It's just conveniant for normies at the store, figuring out what system probably is faster than the other.

The i5 is faster than i3. i7 is faster than i5 and i9 is faster than i7. It's really simple.

True, but it also distinguished certain features only available or certain versions, you always knew the i7 had HT. Now the discussion is really purely of speed and i9 will be the series with more features like HT.

How come they're all so power hungry as well? They're all 95W TDP? I understand for the i9 but why is the i5 just as hungry?

Core i series have been named randomly in the past, so I don't make assumptions on specifications solely on the i5/i7 name. If you want to buy something and you're into tech, you're going to look it up anyway. For people that don't bother to look it up, the i3/5/7/9 naming scheme is enough to indicate tiers speedwise. Take a look at the Xeon series and make an assumption of their specifications based on the model number, it's impossible. 

Also, TDP isn't an indicator of possible power consumption. It means Thermal Design Power and stands for the amount of energy the chip itself is rated to dissipate by the manufacturer. This means that i9 is rated for the same heat dissipation as the i5. It does not mean that it will use the same amount of power, it is just stating the possibility that it can dissipate the same amount of power without going out of spec.

No signature found

31 minutes ago, RobbinM said:

Core i series have been named randomly in the past, so I don't make assumptions on specifications solely on the i5/i7 name. If you want to buy something and you're into tech, you're going to look it up anyway. For people that don't bother to look it up, the i3/5/7/9 naming scheme is enough to indicate tiers speedwise. Take a look at the Xeon series and make an assumption of their specifications based on the model number, it's impossible. 

Also, TDP isn't an indicator of possible power consumption. It means Thermal Design Power and stands for the amount of energy the chip itself is rated to dissipate by the manufacturer. This means that i9 is rated for the same heat dissipation as the i5. It does not mean that it will use the same amount of power, it is just stating the possibility that it can dissipate the same amount of power without going out of spec.

You're right, the i3,i5,i7 is good for just glossing over, but yeah if you are building a custom system, you should really do research into what you're buying, you shouldn't impulse buy CPUs xD

Also, thanks for the clarity on TDP :) So it can dissipate the same amount of heat, but they don't necessarily draw the say amount of power. So you'd want the same cooling solution for both i9 and i5? Ignoring any OCs or anything.

Don't get why the i7 couldn't stay as a 6c12t SKU, a la Coffee Lake

Geekbench is not a reliable benchmark, wait for Cinebench.
Out of curiosity, I it on my cpu at stock settings, based of 3.5GHz and turbo to 3.8GHz.

single core: 4247

Multicore: 21435

OCed to 4.4GHz

SC: 4715

MC: 24083

Was looking at cpu usage, during test it was barely doing anything, it occasionally went full load, but for like half second before it went back to idle where cpu was running only a 1.1GHz. 

Again wait for Cinebench, for some accurate results.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

3 hours ago, DildorTheDecent said:

>Geekbench

It's a no from me.

28 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Geekbench is not a reliable benchmark, wait for Cinebench.
Out of curiosity, I it on my cpu at stock settings, based of 3.5GHz and turbo to 3.8GHz.

single core: 4247

Multicore: 21435

OCed to 4.4GHz

SC: 4715

MC: 24083

Was looking at cpu usage, during test it was barely doing anything, it occasionally went full load, but for like half second before it went back to idle where cpu was running only a 1.1GHz. 

Again wait for Cinebench, for some accurate results.

Agreed with both

How is geek bench even worthy to note considering the lopsided results at times

11 minutes ago, pas008 said:

Agreed with both

Because new tech always seems to get these huge jumps in the program for some reason. Oddities in memory I/O seem to be more important for it than anything else.

17 minutes ago, pas008 said:

Agreed with both

Because they know the Inturd 9700K can't beat a Intel 8700K at Cinebench, otherwise they would have proudly leaked that already.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

5 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Because they know the 9700K can't beat a 8700K at Cinebench, otherwise they would have proudly leaked that already.

Think they leak gb because of it hardly means anything just like phone shit

6 hours ago, 2Buck said:

AMD better hope that Zen 2 is amazing, because Intel will match them in thread count, with a massive clock speed difference. Now of course the 2700x is over 100$ cheaper, but still, the majority don't care, they just see performance numbers and these will rip and tear.

I haven't compared the numbers but the fact that is R7 is $100 cheaper and can be used on a $100 cheaper motherboard can make AMD very competitive.

So the architecture is Kaby lake? I am le big confuse

48 minutes ago, IAmAndre said:

I haven't compared the numbers but the fact that is R7 is $100 cheaper and can be used on a $100 cheaper motherboard can make AMD very competitive.

Not to the people that can afford the extra cash. The latency advantage Intel holds is undeniable. Everything feels so much snappier and more responsive, and that's without even setting foot in a game.

1 hour ago, IAmAndre said:

R7 is $100 cheaper and can be used on a $100 cheaper motherboard can make AMD very competitive.

I know, but a lot of people tend to see performance VS. performance, regardless of price. Some people only care who has the better performer. Hell, I've read on this very forum where people have said "REAL ENTHUSIASTS DON'T CARE ABOUT PRICE!!!". It's sad, but true. Most with common sense will factor in price when comparing two parts, but too bad common sense isn't too common, some will see 8 cores vs 8 cores and Intel will be faster.

Which is why Zen 2 needs to be great for AMD.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

2 hours ago, Leinad4400 said:

Not to the people that can afford the extra cash. The latency advantage Intel holds is undeniable. Everything feels so much snappier and more responsive, and that's without even setting foot in a game.

Just fyi that has veeeeeeery litttle to do with core-to-core latency. Its has way more to do SSD speed and max clockspeed.

Even then the difference between them in day to day tasks is as far as i know unnoticable.  

If there is a core-to-core latency affected workload then there will be a crippling of performance (also bandwidth has a major role aswell, see the 2990wx) though very few workloads are affected. 

Yes the core-to-core latency advantage intel holds is undeniable due to the ringbus, but that advantage sadly gets less and less due how the ringbus works. Eventually the meshbus on the skylake X is better. From what i can gather the effects of this latency is not as you describe it

Hmm...my R5 1600 still gives me decent frames for the games I play, funny how that didn't suddenly stop with this announcement.

Really hard to get excited over synthetics when you still have solid performance. Those with the current gen Intel chips also shouldn't feel the need to jump ship. Maybe in 2020 things will get truly exciting!