**UPDATED: 3DMARK RESULTS** Intel Core i9-9900K, Core i7-9700K and Core i5-9600K CPU Performance Leaks *+Release date rumour*

RobbinM
23 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

Interesting. I havent noticed anything between the pentium system i have (probably 2 gen old pentium, cant check atm) and my Ryzen system, but i havent had a side by side comparison. 

If this is a thing, what would cause it? Because cache latency and core-to-core latency wont. 

Could just be overall Windows optimization, but I do think the latency has something to do with it. I've heard from people who have gone from a Ryzen 7 2700X to an i7-8700K to an i9-7980XE that the 8700K feels the snappiest. Could just be a ring bus thing, who knows?

So what the leaked benches are showing us is the exact same IPC differences once adjusted for clock rate. Did people expect something different? The only really interesting thing regarding the new processors will be gaming benchmarks of the 9900k from a reputable and thorough source that clocks their testbench the same as AMD to see the effects of a bigger core configuration on the ring bus.

@kucki Is that 2168 points multi-thread overclocked to 5GHZ.

It's not really that useful. We have no idea how common 5GHZ is, how expensive the cooling solution was or if the system was stable beyond one run through of Cinebench 15. Don't get me wrong, it's a decent upgrade over the current top tier 8700K (for the mainstream market), but so is the price increase. At 2168 points overclocked, it barely beats out an overclocked 2700x by 10%, at a price premium we are not sure of yet.

No reason to jump the gun without further information.

Motherboard: Asus X570-E
CPU: 3900x 4.3GHZ

Memory: G.skill Trident GTZR 3200mhz cl14

GPU: AMD RX 570

SSD1: Corsair MP510 1TB

SSD2: Samsung MX500 500GB

PSU: Corsair AX860i Platinum

This isn't impressive at all.

At a price point like that, I expected Intel to beat the Zen+ by a at least 10-20%. 

But what I see is the fact that the 9th gen are YET AGAIN overpriced for no reason.

I'll pass and stick with my Ryzen.

1 hour ago, MMKing said:

@kucki Is that 2168 points multi-thread overclocked to 5GHZ.

It's not really that useful. We have no idea how common 5GHZ is, how expensive the cooling solution was or if the system was stable beyond one run through of Cinebench 15. Don't get me wrong, it's a decent upgrade over the current top tier 8700K (for the mainstream market), but so is the price increase. At 2168 points overclocked, it barely beats out an overclocked 2700x by 10%, at a price premium we are not sure of yet.

No reason to jump the gun without further information.

also remember the best product on the street doesnt usually get same performance/dollar ratio, there is a premium for that also