Celsius is a poor measurement system, Fight ME!

JZStudios
8 hours ago, fpo said:

Whopper > Big Mac 

While both are piles of garbage on buns, at least the Big Mac is an edible pile of garbage on a bun. Burger King discontinued the only edible thing on their menu, the A1 Bacon burger, so now there's literally no reason to go to that shithole.

8 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

PC > Mac

Glad to see you're starting to come around.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

30 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

While both are piles of garbage on buns, at least the Big Mac is an edible pile of garbage on a bun. Burger King discontinued the only edible thing on their menu, the A1 Bacon burger, so now there's literally no reason to go to that shithole.

two words...

Bacon King.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

53 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

All Burger Kings in the U.S. have it. It's kind like the FEAST at subway they don't like making it, but it is still part of their menu.

/whoosh

53 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

What about the droid attack on the wookies? 

7 minutes ago, fpo said:

/whoosh

No whoosh. I knew what you were getting at, I just wanted to make sure you knew you could get the wonderment at ease. No one deserves to be without a trial of the quad whopper.

Just now, Dylanc1500 said:

No whoosh. I knew what you were getting at, I just wanted to make sure you knew could get the wonderment at ease. No one deserves to be without a trial of the quad whopper.

I didn’t see any vegetables or plants or whatever 

3 minutes ago, fpo said:

I didn’t see any vegetables or plants or whatever 

The quad whopper actually comes with lettuce, pickles, tomato, and onion. The one I showed didn't have it because it's the quad stacker, not the actual Whopper.

1 hour ago, Drak3 said:

haha! you are talking to someone that uses his duo core mac for 90% of the time and meanwhile lefting a i7 8700 on the bench 

so, about that "coming around" hmmm i am not so sure. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

10 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Also to point out another argument against setting a temperature scale between the earth's average temperature to the sun's: too many variables:

• How often are you going to take measurements?
  • What locations are you going to take measurements from?
  • How precise do you want those measurements taken area-wise?

This makes this scale way more arbitrary than just the two points alone.

I jokingly like to say that US measurements for volumes are better for computers because they're in powers of two.

I said average temperature, which is measured and recorded. Not that it's a great idea anyways.

9 hours ago, pipnina said:

Celsius aside, I will defend the meter, and liter with passion.

The meter, within 0.006% accuracy, translates beautifully with the frequencies/wavelengths of EM radiation.

Example:

Frequency | Wavelength

3khz = 100km = 328'084 feet / 62.13712 miles

30khz = 10km = 32'808.4 feet / 6.213712 miles

300khz = 1km = 3'280.84 feet / 0.6213712 miles

3mhz = 100m  = 328.084 ft / 0.06213712 miles

30mhz = 10m = 32.8084 ft / 393.7 inches (miles too small at this point practically)

300mhz = 1m = 3.28084 ft / 39.37 in

3ghz = 100mm = 0.328084 ft / 3.937 in

30ghz = 10mm = 0.0328084 ft / 393 thou

300ghz = 1mm = 39 thou

3thz = 100μm = 4 thou

30thz = 10μm = N/A (imperial has no suitable scale for this length)

300thz = 1μm

(optical: 600thz)

3phz = 100nm

30phz = 10nm

300phz = 1nm

3ehz = 100pm

30ehz = 10pm

300ehz = 1pm

And of course, now that I have defended meters, I will defend liters simply by saying that 1L = 10cm3, and that 1L of water weighs 1kilogram.

In metric, length, volume and weight are all linked systems and use water / speed of light (almost, 0.006% off on that one) as a reference. It's just simply better than the confusing mess imperial is, not to mention covers a broader range of scale.

As for Celsius, well that is also relational to water, and as such fits in with the suite of other superior measurements. I also find arguments of "It needs more decimals than Fahrenheit" or "it's good because humans can just tell the difference between 1f, but 1c is too big!" to be a bit silly. Stand in a room of 20c and then move into a room of 20.5c, bet you won't be able to tell the difference without trying, or maybe not even with trying.

Also, brine is a complete crap base for a measure IMHO.

Also the fact that a brit can accept measures made by the french should show you how good it is too :P

I mean... measuring the distance of wavelengths is neat but.... outside of very specific circumstances where are you gonna use that?

As a user of the Fahrenheit system, I can absolutely tell the difference of 1 degree. a half degree Celsius is a far larger jump.

5 hours ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Quad Whopper or nothing.

IMG_0334.PNG.606fbc2f36184e50737021d7265c869c.PNG

This with pickles, lettuce, tomato, and onion.

Personally I'm not a fan of Burger King, but McDonalds just about makes me vomit.

#Muricaparrotgang

11 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Anyone who complains about Fahrenheit doesn't understand why it exists, or why it's a better measurement for humans in daily scenarios compared to Celsius.

Both are. Social and scientific, technological and communication have changed.

Thus the use and requirements have. As said, who here melts iron as a living? So who here needs to know it. Yet who here can say what the freezing, melting, boiling, body temperature etc of water and stuff it?

Likewise, language is fluid. It is changeable. You will get multiple standards in multiple use cases.

1 hour ago, JZStudios said:

Personally I'm not a fan of Burger King, but McDonalds just about makes me vomit.

Ya, I'm not a burger fan in general, normally. I'd say my favorite burger is the 1/2lb bison burger (rare) at Fuddruckers. If I am going to eat a burger I'd much rather have Burger King over McDonalds. I love me a 40 piece nugget meal from McDonald's though.

Metric-vs-Imperial.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

On 8/26/2018 at 11:30 AM, JZStudios said:

Why don't we just use a scale where 0 is Earths average temperature and 100 is the suns average temperature?

So, what? We have to change the scale as the planets average temperature rises?
Ooooh we could have arguments about when to base this new average on. Preindustrial? 1969? 2001? Post-Kyoto? 
That would be even dumber than the way yanks measure things. I mean... how would you even convince the climate change denialists that the numbers need to change? 

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

1 hour ago, JZStudios said:

I said average temperature, which is measured and recorded. Not that it's a great idea anyways.

I mean... measuring the distance of wavelengths is neat but.... outside of very specific circumstances where are you gonna use that?

As a user of the Fahrenheit system, I can absolutely tell the difference of 1 degree. a half degree Celsius is a far larger jump.

my fav is Egon. sadly the pricepoint is entiery different and they mostly serve pizza. 

also we should use Kelvin instead of Celcius and we should use the human history calendar instead of the gregorian one (is that what are using now?)

the year is 12018 people. wake up. 

17 hours ago, James Evens said:

Celsius is linked to kelvin. Celsius = kelvin - 273.15 and a kelvin is a 273.16th of the triple point of water and will be soon linked to the Boltzmann constant. 

And your glorious Fahrenheit is linked to kelvin with some crazy conversion.

If you want to range about a unit use BTU.

As a sound man I regularly melt my brain messing up dB, which is logarithmic and a head fuck to boot.  But when I try to buy a heater or talk about welding gases and everyone insists on using BTU's I am officially to the point of brain melting out the ears.

12 hours ago, JZStudios said:

I had heard about moving away from the sphere as the kilogram. Realistically all forms are measurement are arbitrary, just standardized.

Absolutely not,  They are anything but arbitrary,  Metric units are very intentional and heavily debated for there clarity and consistency before they even get considered.  I think you need to look up the definition of arbitrary, or better yet, actually look up the process used when they are defining metric units.

12 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Anyone who complains about Fahrenheit doesn't understand why it exists, or why it's a better measurement for humans in daily scenarios compared to Celsius.

Or just isn't American :P.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

in the aviation world they mix up imperial and metric just to make it more interesting when trying to work out how much fuel you will need (lbs), and what takeoff weight that gives (kgs). 

I think metric is more logical, its easier to convert 1000kg into 1 ton instead of imperial its 1 mile to some random number of feet 

I make intelligent lights do cool things

11 minutes ago, Supportsneedlove said:

Conversions? 

I think this might solve the inches to mm problem:

F(n) = \frac{(\varphi)^n - (-\frac{1}{\varphi})^n}{\sqrt{5}}\displaystyle\pi(x) = \sum_{n = 1}^\infty \frac{\mu(n)}{n} J(\sqrt[n]{x})

\displaystyle J(x) = Li(x) + \sum_{\rho} Li(x^\rho) - \log 2 + \int_{x}^\infty \frac{dt}{t(t^2 - 1)\log t}

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

13 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Don't you dare tell me that setting Fahrenheits zero to brine and 96 to the human body temperature is dumb! Why wouldn't that make sense?

Human body temperature is very varying.

It varies between persons, some have little higher normal temperature than others.

Then for same person body temperature varies depending on activity etc. (usually being lowest at morning after waking up)

"Brine" is as arbitrary thing and with no real world relation to anything.

2 minutes ago, EsaT said:

"Brine" is as arbitrary thing and with no real world relation to anything.

Often given the name of sea water, or anything salty tbh

I make intelligent lights do cool things

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Lots of people who aren't American are wrong every day. ;)

Damn it, I have way too much experience not being American, no wonder I failed finger painting.