Thief steals 53-foot tractor trailer filled with nearly $100K worth of ramen noodles, authorities say

Speed Weed

Sources; https://abcnews.go.com/US/thief-steals-53-foot-tractor-trailer-filled-100k/story?id=57200804

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/15/georgia-thieves-steal-nearly-100000-worth-ramen-noodles-police-say.html

https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/ramen-noodle-heist-georgia

Quote from ABC News

A thief with the culinary taste of a college student has made off with a lifetime's worth of nonperishable noodles.

A 53-foot tractor trailer filled with about $98,000 worth of ramen noodles was stolen from a Chevron gas station in Fayetteville, Georgia authorities told ABC News.

The driver had parked the tractor trailer on July 25 after receiving permission from the owner of the gas station to leave it there for several days, said Lt. Allen Stevens, public information officer for the Fayette County Sheriff's Office. The driver later returned to the location on Aug. 1 to find the carbohydrate-filled vehicle missing, Stevens said.

Noooo, he stole the entire worlds ramen noodle supply. Now, all the Asians will be furious when they can't get their hands on the ramen noodle! 

And this is tech related... how, exactly?

Editing Rig: Mac Pro 7,1

System Specs: 3.2GHz 16-core Xeon | 96GB ECC DDR4 | AMD Radeon Pro W6800X Duo | Lots of SSD and NVMe storage |

Audio: Universal Audio Apollo Thunderbolt-3 Interface |

Displays: 3 x LG 32UL950-W displays |

Gaming Rig: PC

System Specs:  Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme | AMD 7800X3D | 64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 6000MHz RAM | NVidia 4090 FE card (OC'd) | Corsair AX1500i power supply | CaseLabs Magnum THW10 case (RIP CaseLabs ) |

Audio:  Sound Blaster AE-9 card | Mackie DL32R Mixer | Sennheiser HDV820 amp | Sennheiser HD820 phones | Rode Broadcaster mic |

Display: Asus PG32UQX 4K/144Hz displayBenQ EW3280U display

Cooling:  2 x EK 140 Revo D5 Pump/Res | EK Quantum Magnitude CPU block | EK 4090FE waterblock | AlphaCool 480mm x 60mm rad | AlphaCool 560mm x 60mm rad | 13 x Noctua 120mm fans | 8 x Noctua 140mm fans | 2 x Aquaero 6XT fan controllers |

1 minute ago, DaPhuc said:

Now, all the Asian will be furry when they can't get their hands on the ramen noodle! 

I think you mean fury but really "furious", furry is a funny thought tho

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

"how is this tech news"

Because it's well known that people in tech rely entirely on ramen noodles as sustenance. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

2 minutes ago, Arika S said:

uhhhhmmmmm.....

"tech" news?

weird. how does stealing noodles turn Asians into furries?

Because Asians love noodle. Asians invented noodle. 

2 minutes ago, jasonvp said:

And this is tech related... how, exactly?

He is using some kind of tracking technology device able to track the vehicle filled with $100k worlds ramen noodle supply. 

Were they electronic noodles?

Were they being sent to best buy?

Were they overclock-able by any chance?

Please give us more details.. I beg of you..

21 minutes ago, DaPhuc said:

Noooo, he stole the entire worlds ramen noodle supply. Now, all the Asians will be furious when they can't get their hands on the ramen noodle!

5b7837c99297e_thatsracist.gif.b64b7bbf24da1c8aa62a40d9c7be9e8b.gif

5 minutes ago, DaPhuc said:

Because Asians love noodle. Asians invented noodle.

there seems to be an issue with your wording.

furry

noun: furry; plural noun: furries
  1. 1.
    an enthusiast for animal characters with human characteristics, in particular a person who dresses up in costume as such a character or uses one as an avatar online.
    "a growing community of furries"

He is using some kind of tracking technology device able to track the vehicle filled with $100k worlds ramen noodle supply. 

???????

no where in the 3 articles you sourced says this in the slightest, i think you're vastly misinterpreting the story, aka: making things up

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

7 minutes ago, DaPhuc said:

May you please quote exactly where this is being said in the articles provided?

9 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

why does the word "tall" come first to mind when reading "53-foot tractor" o_o

image.png.f36488cb447ae016809d33e858267ffe.png

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

4 minutes ago, Arika S said:

there seems to be an issue with your wording.

furry

noun: furry; plural noun: furries
  1. 1.
    an enthusiast for animal characters with human characteristics, in particular a person who dresses up in costume as such a character or uses one as an avatar online.
    "a growing community of furries"

???????

no where in the 3 articles you sourced says this in the slightest, i think you're vastly misinterpreting the story, aka: making things up

tldr That is what I assumed that he might be using some kind of tracking device to know which vehicle filled the fortune $100k worth of ramen noodle. 

Just now, lewdicrous said:

May you please quote exactly where this is being said in the articles provided?

tldr That is what I assumed that he might be using some kind of tracking device to know which vehicle filled the fortune $100k worth of ramen noodle. 

Just now, DaPhuc said:

Assumptions don't equal facts.

You wrote he IS using a tracking device, you didn't say you ASSUMED that he is. There's a difference.

Absolute M A D M A N

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

"$100K worth of ramen" - that's not a 50 foot trailer, that's a goddamn cubic kilometer

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

45 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

"$100K worth of ramen" - that's not a 50 foot trailer, that's a goddamn cubic kilometer

53ft truck should fit 26 pallets.
Looking at images on google (see below) they appear to be stacked in 6 layers of 13 cartons per layer, so 78 cartons per pallet.
That works out to be 2,028 cartons for the truck. 48 individual packets per carton means 97,344 packets in total. Considering the news articles are reporting the value to be $98,000, I wouldn't be surprised if they are just valuing it at $1 per individual packet.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.9f9b9515a2323aeda9010698450d841c.png

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

2 hours ago, Arika S said:

weird. how does stealing noodles turn Asians into furries?

Because Mexico.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I mean, I wouldn't exactly say no to that...

I find ramen to be pretty good personally.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

This just in, study shows ramen cures Asian people of becoming a furry later at 8,thanks Kevin, back to you Kelly. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

8 minutes ago, aki adaki said:

This just in, study shows ramen cures Asian people of becoming a furry later at 8,thanks Kevin, back to you Kelly. 

No, it all has to do with Mexico, maho.

Don't ask how, it's complicated.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

4 hours ago, DaPhuc said:

Honestly I've seen more basic white people eat ramen rather than asians. People who cbf to cook food. 

Trailer had $10 of noodles in it. This just in, owner said it had $100,000 of noodles on insurance forms, more at 9 (UK news ;) )!

6 hours ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

@aki adaki @Jtalk4456

Care to explain yourselves?

I don't know what you're talking about, I didn't turn a bunch of ramen noodles into ramen flavored pringles

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.