Amd thread ripper leak

3 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

How can EVGA do it right the first time if they never made a x399 board before. :thinkin:

Oh ffs keep forgetting that's X299, 1am fail lol. Screw it just ram an X399 socket on that.

On 8/3/2018 at 5:49 AM, VegetableStu said:

someone WILL try to build in that, LOL

@Densetsu (mITX with threadripper 2)

On 8/3/2018 at 4:07 AM, Advanced Micro Devices .nc said:

1533286597453.jpg

The Size of the packaging though...

Threadripper 3 is gonna ship on a fucking pallet and need a forklift to transport :D 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 hour ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Wait, it comes with a cooler as well?

Idk. They are making coolers dunno if they come with them.

Probably a bundle. 

25 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

@Densetsu (mITX with threadripper 2)

Is that a dare?!

9 minutes ago, Densetsu said:

Is that a dare?!

Less of a dare and more of you're probably going to do it anyways because I know you and your upgrade habits :^) 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

Less of a dare and more of you're probably going to do it anyways because I know you and your upgrade habits :^) 

Yeah... except Zen has been crap in terms of value retention. Great for the consumer, awful for early adopters. I'm not going to make that mistake again. I'll wait until it drops significantly in price like the rest of Zen did. I mean the 1950X was on sale for $850 less than two months after I bought it at launch.

2 minutes ago, Densetsu said:

Yeah... except Zen has been crap in terms of value retention. Great for the consumer, awful for early adopters. I'm not going to make that mistake again. I'll wait until it drops significantly in price like the rest of Zen did. I mean the 1950X was on sale for $850 less than two months after I bought it at launch.

Never said you had to be an early adopter

5 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Never said you had to be an early adopter

I'm not saying you did. I'm just informing you of the change to my upgrade habits.

That may be one of the coolest CPU boxes ever, but can it run Crysis?

*Insert Name* R̶y̶z̶e̶n̶ Intel Build!  https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/748542-insert-name-r̶y̶z̶e̶n̶-intel-build/

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS Z270X Gaming 5 CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K GPU: ASUS STRIX OC GTX 1080 RAM: Corsair Ballistix Sport LT 2400mhz Cooler: Enermax ETS-T40F-BK PSU: Corsair CX750M SSD: PNY CS1311 120GB HDD: Seagate Momentum 2.5" 7200RPM 500GB

That CPU packaging could serve as my new motherboard box prop when I go and reorganise my computer hardware display :D

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

52 minutes ago, Brehohn said:

That may be one of the coolest CPU boxes ever, but can it run Crysis?

The box or the cpu?

5 hours ago, Ben Quigley said:

Tbh, if they are willing to use SO-DIMM slots, m.2 mounted vertical or the back of the board, there could be enough space for the VRM.... theyd have to come up with some impressive VRM cooling though.... maybe real fins and heatpipes.... 

If the manufacturer was willing to build a real heatsink and include fans it would probably be fine, especially considering first gen TR boards should be able to support the 32 core at stock.

edit: Oh, ITX, not mATX. I’d love to see an ITX TR4 board, if only to see the incredible engineering that would go go into it (Memory on the back of the board?)

Current LTT F@H Rank: 90    Score: 2,503,680,659    Stats

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

My main PC (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (VFIO-Patched Kernel) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 32GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz (12GB for host, 20GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel Upgrade

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, Duplicati, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V + 16GB Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo NVME 250GB, Samsung 860 evo SATA 1TB 

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

20 minutes ago, Advanced Micro Devices .nc said:

UPDATE, someone already unboxed the new threadripper cpu, sadly,the cooling solution is not included.

Not surprised about the cooling solution not being included.

As is tradition, people who are going to be spending more than USD $300 on a CPU are guaranteed to be supplying their cooling solution of choice. For 2nd generation Threadripper, this is of course, going to be more likely custom watercooling solutions to cool these CPUs. Their low-end, 16-core CPU, which that is rated at 125W TDP according to AMD's spec, if that is confirmed, can easily be air cooled and overclocked, since there's enough thermal headroom for long-term heavy use. The 2990X, on the other hand, there's going to be custom watercooled builds with out-of-this-world motherboards so that users can overclock these 32-core CPUs and not have to worry about power or thermal issues that may arise.

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

6 minutes ago, Jurunce said:

Not surprised about the cooling solution not being included.

As is tradition, people who are going to be spending more than USD $300 on a CPU are guaranteed to be supplying their cooling solution of choice. For 2nd generation Threadripper, this is of course, going to be more likely custom watercooling solutions to cool these CPUs. Their low-end, 16-core CPU, which that is rated at 125W TDP according to AMD's spec, if that is confirmed, can easily be air cooled and overclocked, since there's enough thermal headroom for long-term heavy use. The 2990X, on the other hand, there's going to be custom watercooled builds with out-of-this-world motherboards so that users can overclock these 32-core CPUs and not have to worry about power or thermal issues that may arise.

Dual 360MM radiator with a well designed waterblock and a powerful pump(s) should be able to handle that

15 minutes ago, Biggerboot said:

Even 32c/64t in mATX is still pretty sick.  Nobody else can offer that afaik.  Mini itx tr would be difficult not just from the motherboard design aspect but just being able to cool it.

itx case cant cool that very well,some matx cases with custom watercooling are able to cool it,that CPU draws more power than my PC under load(around 200w),what a power hungry beast.

35 minutes ago, Biggerboot said:

Even 32c/64t in mATX is still pretty sick.  Nobody else can offer that afaik.  Mini itx tr would be difficult not just from the motherboard design aspect but just being able to cool it.

i'm not so sure about that.

They have showed off a cooler for TR2 and it's an aircooled model, quite big but nothing really insane.

If you could get a similar cooling capacity in the form of an AIO it might be possible.

I guess that a decent 240mm aio with nice fans can cool the 2990x without any problem. But that will probably come with a compromise when it comes down to noise.

There are cases that are ITX and can handle a 240mm rad. Not many, but they are available.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

2 hours ago, sazrocks said:

If the manufacturer was willing to build a real heatsink and include fans it would probably be fine, especially considering first gen TR boards should be able to support the 32 core at stock.

edit: Oh, ITX, not mATX. I’d love to see an ITX TR4 board, if only to see the incredible engineering that would go go into it (Memory on the back of the board?)

If they could route the 1000+ traces through the board... Would it even be possible, would it have the required clearance.

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

13 minutes ago, Ben Quigley said:

If they could route the 1000+ traces through the board... Would it even be possible, would it have the required clearance.

Just make the PCB thicker. Apparently it's possible but nearly impossible to keep cool. Or just, have the VRM for the CPU fit on the board.

I'd buy this just for the box, honestly.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

WALLETRIPPER

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

This has probably been said many times already, but damn they now how to present their Threadrippers.  I'd buy it for the box alone :P 

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

On 8/3/2018 at 5:02 PM, tikker said:

This has probably been said many times already, but damn they now how to present their Threadrippers.  I'd buy it for the box alone :P 

After that, you can send me the CPU, haha.

How many guys in this forum are actually go to upgrade to TR2?

4 hours ago, Advanced Micro Devices .nc said:

Dual 360MM radiator with a well designed waterblock and a powerful pump(s) should be able to handle that

though you will need a new board for that, some of the boards even with waterblocks on the vrms wont make it, as the new cpus will be asking for 400-500 amps when overclocked (4.2+ ghz), and for example the max rated amperage off the zenith extreme is only 480 amps (pretty hard too cool the vrms at that point)

10 hours ago, Ben Quigley said:

Imagine an ITX 32 core machine..... fuck me.... If only that was possible 

Well its kinda possible if you dont mind the 360mm external rad... :D