Amd thread ripper leak

That's an awesome box but I wonder how much it inflates the price by...

8 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

The box or the cpu?

The box of course.

*Insert Name* R̶y̶z̶e̶n̶ Intel Build!  https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/748542-insert-name-r̶y̶z̶e̶n̶-intel-build/

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS Z270X Gaming 5 CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K GPU: ASUS STRIX OC GTX 1080 RAM: Corsair Ballistix Sport LT 2400mhz Cooler: Enermax ETS-T40F-BK PSU: Corsair CX750M SSD: PNY CS1311 120GB HDD: Seagate Momentum 2.5" 7200RPM 500GB

1 hour ago, Brehohn said:

The box of course.

I hope a tech reviewer does a troll review and reviews the box and not the CPU, just takes it out and puts it aside and ignores it xD

1 hour ago, leadeater said:

I hope a tech reviewer does a troll review and reviews the box and not the CPU, just takes it out and puts it aside and ignores it xD

I could do that. Can get my hands on a few and make a pyramid of shiny :P

On 8/3/2018 at 10:51 AM, GoldenLag said:

You know that one day. 8 years from now, the threadripper will be outdated. Where will you put the poor sodd? You cant just put him on a keychain like i did with my CPU from socket 774 from 2006 or something.

It might become outdated in 6 years or so, but it still wouldn't be obsolete and could be used for a server easily... if that would be a viable use for it it could be downclocked and undervolted to save some power. I certainly wouldn't mind having one in 6 years for a much reduced price :D

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

17 hours ago, TheRandomness said:

Just make the PCB thicker. 

Make it E X T R A  T H I C C ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

18 hours ago, cj09beira said:

though you will need a new board for that, some of the boards even with waterblocks on the vrms wont make it, as the new cpus will be asking for 400-500 amps when overclocked (4.2+ ghz), and for example the max rated amperage off the zenith extreme is only 480 amps (pretty hard too cool the vrms at that point)

Gamers Nexus did a video on the new msi x

399 motherboard, it has 16+3 phase vrm design,i think most people will oc 2990wx to 4.1g-4.2g and the dual 8 pin may not deliver enough power to the oced (4.2g+)CPU when it is under load for a long time.

10 minutes ago, Advanced Micro Devices .nc said:

Gamers Nexus did a video on the new msi x

399 motherboard, it has 16+3 phase vrm design,i think most people will oc 2990wx to 4.1g-4.2g and the dual 8 pin may not deliver enough power to the oced (4.2g+)CPU when it is under load for a long time.

the 8 pins aren't a problem, as the spec is very conservative vrms though will suffer (not on that board but on others )

Some early benchmarks coming out, reported by Guru3D. Information coming from AMD French translation page.

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/whoops-amd-had-ryzen-threadripper-2990wx-cinebench-score-online.html

[âIMG]

Translation of notes

''

1. Tests performed by AMD Performance laboratories on 26/06/2018 on the following system. The configurations may vary by PC manufacturer, and give different results. The results may vary depending on the driver versions used. Test setup: sTR4 motherboard with AMD "Whitehaven" socket X399 + AMD Ryzen ™ Threadripper ™ 2990WX + Gigabyte X299 AORUS Gasming 9 + Intel Core i9-7980XE. Both systems feature a GeForce GTX 1080 graphics card (driver 24.21.13.9793), 4 x 8 GB DDR4-3200, Windows 10 x64 Pro (RS3), Samsung 850 Pro SSD. "Power" is defined as computing power as represented by the Cinebench R15 processor benchmark. The Intel Core i9-7980XE earned 3,335.2 points on average in the benchmark, while the AMD Ryzen ™ Threadripper ™ 2990WX achieved an average of 5,099.3, or (5,099.3 / 3,335.2 = 153%) 53% faster than the Intel Core i9-7980XE. RP2-1.

''

Cinebench R15 benchmark

2990WX = 5099 points

i9-7980XE = 3335 points

Note that this information comes directly from AMD, so while the numbers are probably not way off. It's reasonable to assume at least some effort has been made to increase the relative 2990WX score to the 7980XE score. However, reading the information on https://www.amd.com/en/products/ryzen-threadripper regarding the 1950x performance. AMD cites a cinebench R15 score of 3042 points, whereas Guru3d.com review lists a score of 3000 points.

Comparing it to the 8180 Xeon is a bit more difficult, as Intel is not eager to send around 10 000 dollar CPUs for review along with motherboard and other hardware to make it possible. CPU-Monkey.com lists the 8180 Xeon, scoring 4355 points however.

https://www.cpu-monkey.com/en/cpu_benchmark-cinebench_r15_multi_core-8

Motherboard: Asus X570-E
CPU: 3900x 4.3GHZ

Memory: G.skill Trident GTZR 3200mhz cl14

GPU: AMD RX 570

SSD1: Corsair MP510 1TB

SSD2: Samsung MX500 500GB

PSU: Corsair AX860i Platinum

...hell yeah!!! free lunchbox with 2nd gen purchase!!!

@Advanced Micro Devices .nc This is one time I can do with out a "stock" cooling solution included with my CPU purchase. I already have plans for a custom water loop build and it would just be a paper weight around my house.

On 8/3/2018 at 5:13 PM, Deli said:

How many guys in this forum are actually go to upgrade to TR2?

<---- picked a "cheap" 1900x up just to put in my AORUS Gaming 7, pretty sure I will just be giving this older build to my roommate or girlfriend now when I grab that 2950x.

Their is a new leak for specs and pricing.

chrome-180805-0ea.png

https://videocardz.com/77031/amd-ryzen-threadripper-2990wx-2970wx-2950x-and-2920x-specs-and-pricing-leaked

18 hours ago, MMKing said:

Some early benchmarks coming out, reported by Guru3D. Information coming from AMD French translation page.

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/whoops-amd-had-ryzen-threadripper-2990wx-cinebench-score-online.html

Translation of notes

Cinebench R15 benchmark

2990WX = 5099 points

i9-7980XE = 3335 points

Note that this information comes directly from AMD, so while the numbers are probably not way off. It's reasonable to assume at least some effort has been made to increase the relative 2990WX score to the 7980XE score. However, reading the information on https://www.amd.com/en/products/ryzen-threadripper regarding the 1950x performance. AMD cites a cinebench R15 score of 3042 points, whereas Guru3d.com review lists a score of 3000 points.

Comparing it to the 8180 Xeon is a bit more difficult, as Intel is not eager to send around 10 000 dollar CPUs for review along with motherboard and other hardware to make it possible. CPU-Monkey.com lists the 8180 Xeon, scoring 4355 points however.

https://www.cpu-monkey.com/en/cpu_benchmark-cinebench_r15_multi_core-8

Based on cpu monkeys Epyc 7601 bench with a 3.2 all core boost getting 4068 the 2990WX would be boosting to around 4Ghz to get a score of 5099. That is insane.

UPDATE:

Steve confirmed some info and said that NDA drops Aug 6th (I think 9am est)

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

11 hours ago, The Benjamins said:

Based on cpu monkeys Epyc 7601 bench with a 3.2 all core boost getting 4068 the 2990WX would be boosting to around 4Ghz to get a score of 5099. That is insane.

Wait till people benchmark it while using a phase change cooler. like what intel did.

1 hour ago, JuNex03 said:

Wait till people benchmark it while using a phase change cooler. like what intel did.

AMD CPUs dont really do well on phase change coolers, there's only a noticible gain in speeds beyond -100°C, before that the highest you can hit is pretty much 4,4ghz if you're lucky.

Ask Buildzoid, he can confirm.

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

1 hour ago, Humbug said:

Is that 4.4Ghz boost on all cores for the 2950x ?

That should be the single core boost.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

6 hours ago, JuNex03 said:

Wait till some reviewers will try to OC it on a motherboard with insufficient VRMs. (which is almost all of them right now)

1 minute ago, WereCat said:

Wait till some reviewers will try to OC it on a motherboard with insufficient VRMs. (which is almost all of them right now)

Caps will pop like popcorn

Just now, GoldenLag said:

Caps will pop like popcorn

Honestly, I would not be surprised if we will see another VRM controversy this time once again as was the X299 before.

20 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Honestly, I would not be surprised if we will see another VRM controversy this time once again as was the X299 before.

Maybe, but I'd be surprised. At stock, the X399 will be fine, whereas some X299 boards really didn't handle anything about the 10c without some issues, even at stock. Though it was mostly that they had zero OC headroom. Though apparently ASUS is selling Add-on VRM cooling parts for X399, which is good to see.