Apple finally acknowledges ‘sticky’ keyboard issues on MacBooks, offering free fix and refunds for past repairs

this is another "apple go fuckyourself thread" isnt it?

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

5 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

Aren't apple fans and blind consumers the same thing?

Yes, however I was keeping it generic because blind consumers lust after other brands too.

3 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

Yeah I have no complaints about the old Apple keyboards. The MacBook Air is still one of my favorite laptop keyboards.

I have an older Mac Keyboard in my workshop, that thing just keeps working when it really shouldn't.  It cops everything in that shop from very fine sawdust to metal dust and probably even some toxic metal fumes I shouldn't be breathing.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Meanwhile, 2009 MacBook Pro 

Keyboard still works perfectly. Don't really know why they needed to make the machine thinner and develop the butterfly mechanism to allow that to happen. 

I get some people like them considering their low travel distance. But surely, they would've done testing to make sure it is just as reliable as a standard keyboard? 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

3 hours ago, mr moose said:

I have an older Mac Keyboard in my workshop, that thing just keeps working when it really shouldn't.  It cops everything in that shop from very fine sawdust to metal dust and probably even some toxic metal fumes I shouldn't be breathing.

the clear plastic one?

Picture 4 of 7

Used to love that sucker, then it stopped working and picked up this useless piece of thrash

s-l1600.jpg

Wish i had kept the old one, now that i'm more versed in electronics i would have at least attempted to repair it

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

5 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

the clear plastic one?

Used to love that sucker, then it stopped working and picked up this useless piece of thra

Wish i had kept the old one, now that i'm more versed in electronics i would have at least attempted to repair it

This one

tacpro.jpg

It has usb plugs in the top at the side too.  For whatever reason it just keeps going.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

10 hours ago, RedRound2 said:

Apple gets alot of attention in the media, for some reason. No one would give two fucks if a Lenovo XYZ had some problem or Dell ABC had some other problem and hence anyone who doesn't own the product would never know about it.

I love that you mentioned Lenovo because I quite clearly remember Superfish being a significant issue for them.

10 hours ago, RedRound2 said:

And yeah, recall programs are always a good thing, if there is a genuine issue

My personal preference is not having to return a device I had to pay a premium for, but hey, I don't usually have to do it because I don't buy from product lines famous for their recalls so I can't say I've tried (E: unless you want to bring GM vehicles into this argument LUL).

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

This thread is honestly mind blowing to me. Apple fans are furiously trying to dig themselves out of  a hole.

Highlights from the thread:

Someone saying as soon as there is an issue with Apple products, they have a recall program. In reality, it often takes months if not years for them to do the bare minimum required to not get sued into oblivion, and the fixes are often very subpar. For example in this case the issue goes back as far as 2016 models, which were released around 2 years ago. 2 years to admit an issue is apparently "as soon as there's something wrong".

11 hours ago, RedRound2 said:

This is one of the things I really like about Apple. As soon as there's something wrong with their product, they typically always had a recall/replacement program for it. 

Here someone is claiming a company is good because they always have issues with their products and have to recall them. For a company who only sells a handful of different premium products and often gets the cost justified by the fans that they have exceptional build quality, you'd expect them to not have to do a bunch of mass recalls:

And for the last part, yeah it happened in this case. But take a look at all the other recall programs they currently have going on. They've always had recall programs (after some investigations of course) whenever their devices had widespread issues

Here we have someone saying it is the best laptop keyboard ever, despite sometimes reacting twice when clicking the x button, and since there is this widespread issue with the keyboard he will have it replaced later.

11 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

I think its the best keyboard I have ever used in a laptop.

Here we have someone using the "since it sells a lot, it must be good" argument. This is a fallacy known as argumentum ad populum. Popular does not mean good. It's like saying cigarettes are good because if they weren't, people wouldn't smoke.

Right, everyone using Apple products and being for happy with it are idiots. If their products were bad, they would've crashed and burned long time ago

According to this Apple user, repair programs are not meant to fix issues. I guess the takeaway is, if you hand in your Apple product for repair, don't expect it to fix the issue you are having. What's funny is that repair and fix are synonyms. They mean the same thing. If you look up fix in the dictionary one of the definitions is literally "repair", and if you look up repair it actually gives fix as a definition. Typical example of trying to dance around with words.

11 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

Its a repair program, not a fix program. If people feel that it is that big a deal, they can get a free replacement and sell the machine and get most of their purchase back since Macs retain their value. 

This is possibly the funniest tech news and reviews thread this year.

Also, good job Apple for actually acknowledging the issue. You're slow as always, but I guess not completely abandoning your customers is worth celebrating.

27 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

You're slow as always, but I guess not completely abandoning your customers is worth celebrating.

I'm sorry but no, we should never celebrate any company taking 2 years to look after their customers as is their responsibility, their obligation, their ethical and moral duty as purveyors of so called high end products they charge a premium for.  This was my exact beef with people praising MS for finally looking after their customers with the surface screen issues. No they do no deserve celebration for doing what they are obliged to do and certainly not for doing it 2 years later. Especially after customers have already paid to fix it themselves.

8 hours ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

So uhh

Rip rossmann's youtube channel

He said he would delete it if apple did a no BS repair on affected machines.

If it turns out to be true...

IIRC it was a time limited offer. Only if at their yearly announcement/promo show. They missed it by 2 weeks. :D

12 hours ago, mr moose said:

So your trying to paint me as an apple hater to deflect form the reality of the situation.   I got stuck into MS for the surface (and the people defending it), I got stuck into lenovo for superfish, I get stuck into any company that fucks over their consumers trying to ignore a problem. 

Maybe you are. Was I supposed to do a full background check on you before saying that. There are plenty of mindless Apple haters here. Your MS problem and Lenovo problems were massive, but my point was that alot of problems with specific issues like keyboard, trackpad, battery gtes never noticed because they were never popular enough in the first place

12 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

There is no data to support that figure. 

I honestly have no idea why someone would replace their laptop after 2 years for personal use (which realistically what the new MBPs are good at) unless they have alot of money to burn through

12 hours ago, mr moose said:

You keep saying that like it means something.  You may just be more sensitive to bad press about apple. 

Umm it does. Apple issues tend to usually always get overblown. Not that it's bad by any means, but other companies like MS can get away with their surface products

12 hours ago, Christophe Corazza said:

You’re going to get a $H!T ton of comments about this mate... :-D

I am and oh I wish I never posted the topic in the first place.

12 hours ago, Cheezdoodlez said:

No.. The issue did not pop up recently. I had my MB 12" keyboard replaced due to sticky keys back in 2016.. And I wasn't alone in this back then. Difference is that the warranty covered it back then..

Okay, so just because you and five other people had the issue, doesn't mean the top apple engineers knew about it and investigated on it. The problem became widespread enough that Apple recently investigated and found out it was their fault and is rightfully offering free replacements. What are you even trying to say here?

12 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

The ones who need to use their laptops and encounter this issue. Even if Apple quoted you $600 to get it fixed, it means nothing to the person who needs this machine now to meet deadlines. They can't afford to wait a week or so just to get it fixed so what else can you do? Buy a new machine. 

I see this all the time and it's not just exclusive to MacBooks and complicated keyboard issues. Go on Craigslist and you'll see postings for laptops where the story was: Oh the HDD died and I just bought a new machine. It's been sitting unused since. Great fixer upper for someone who has the time. Still a very fast machine. 

My old Lenovo IdeaPad was the exact same. The plastic screw holes for the hinge assembly failed so the lid couldn't be closed. I could fix it. But it was the tail end of the semester, finals are fast approaching, I still have a bunch of assignments due so I need a laptop, now. It's still a decent machine, Ivy Bridge i7, 16GB of RAM, 850 SSD, dedicated GPU. But that means nothing because it can't be in service in its current state, it's going to take a while to fix, and I urgently require a machine now. Which is why I now have a Vivobook and that IdeaPad is still sitting on top of a drawer in my bedroom, untouched. 

These a very few cases. I've always had another backup computer if a software issue or bricked windows update suddenly crops up and makes it unusable

9 hours ago, potoooooooo said:

It was introduced in 2015 with the Retina Macbook

No, they're replacing it because of reliability issues. Not because the community hated it. A lot of people really like it, it's just unreliable. It's a really nice keyboard, it just isn't reliable and needs work.

Fine 2015, like that makes any difference to the point I was making. And I agree with the latter part of your comment. People here won't even give Apple a break if they do something right

8 hours ago, laminutederire said:

It's like they engineered it to prevent people from gaming on it as well. That fn key placement is just awful... it takes the place of what should naturally be there on Windows keyboards since ctrl/cmd keys are far more useful than the fn one...

Who uses fn keys for gaming. Map it into another of 86 keys.

9 hours ago, laminutederire said:

Just realize they've had a recall program for nearly all MacBooks since a decade...

They've had some with iPhone a few times as well.

Sure when you force them to, they make recalls. But do you know why other companies never make such widespread recalls? Because their products actually don't have widespread issues...

Other products do have widespread issues, its just that no one cares. Why would an article be interesting if Dell Latitude EXXX had a battery problem. Like literally no one would give shit other than people who own the laptop. But Apple, oh boy Apple...

7 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

this is another "apple go fuckyourself thread" isnt it?

Yup, even if they do something good

1 hour ago, Suika said:

I love that you mentioned Lenovo because I quite clearly remember Superfish being a significant issue for them.

My personal preference is not having to return a device I had to pay a premium for, but hey, I don't usually have to do it because I don't buy from product lines famous for their recalls so I can't say I've tried (E: unless you want to bring GM vehicles into this argument LUL).

Superfish was huuge. Everyone prefers not to return their device. Do you think Apple loves this? They're going to lose millions of dollars due to this but they have to because they made a mistake.

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

Someone saying as soon as there is an issue with Apple products, they have a recall program. In reality, it often takes months if not years for them to do the bare minimum required to not get sued into oblivion, and the fixes are often very subpar. For example in this case the issue goes back as far as 2016 models, which were released around 2 years ago. 2 years to admit an issue is apparently "as soon as there's something wrong".

Oh god. The problem became widespread enough recently for apple to investigate. Do you think any company would investigate just because one guy had battery problem or another guy had a random shutdown. All the keyboard articles were published like a month ago with only very isolated cases a year back. Dont be so delusional.

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

Here someone is claiming a company is good because they always have issues with their products and have to recall them. For a company who only sells a handful of different premium products and often gets the cost justified by the fans that they have exceptional build quality, you'd expect them to not have to do a bunch of mass recalls:

So what is your point here, It's not like every product they release have a problem. When they had a problem, they're fixing it free of cost. Anyone fed up of Apple are basically welcome to shift to other platforms

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

Here we have someone saying it is the best laptop keyboard ever, despite sometimes reacting twice when clicking the x button, and since there is this widespread issue with the keyboard he will have it replaced later.

I've tried it in their stores and I didn't really mind it (of course it was short span of time). I felt that I could easily get used to it. Even Linus said he didn't hate it. Some people do. It's subjective, so you can't say anything about that

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

Here we have someone using the "since it sells a lot, it must be good" argument. This is a fallacy known as argumentum ad populum. Popular does not mean good. It's like saying cigarettes are good because if they weren't, people wouldn't smoke.

I'm sorry but I dont think it applies to tech. There's alot of great laptops and great smartphones available from other companies than apple. If they kept making subpar products, people would just eventually move away and they would've died. Remember what happened to Nokia and blackberry

3 minutes ago, RedRound2 said:

Maybe you are. Was I supposed to do a full background check on you before saying that. There are plenty of mindless Apple haters here. Your MS problem and Lenovo problems were massive, but my point was that alot of problems with specific issues like keyboard, trackpad, battery gtes never noticed because they were never popular enough in the first place

I honestly have no idea why someone would replace their laptop after 2 years for personal use (which realistically what the new MBPs are good at) unless they have alot of money to burn through

Umm it does. Apple issues tend to usually always get overblown. Not that it's bad by any means, but other companies like MS can get away with their surface products

I am and oh I wish I never posted the topic in the first place.

Okay, so just because you and five other people had the issue, doesn't mean the top apple engineers knew about it and investigated on it. The problem became widespread enough that Apple recently investigated and found out it was their fault and is rightfully offering free replacements. What are you even trying to say here?

These a very few cases. I've always had another backup computer if a software issue or bricked windows update suddenly crops up and makes it unusable

Fine 2015, like that makes any difference to the point I was making. And I agree with the latter part of your comment. People here won't even give Apple a break if they do something right

Who uses fn keys for gaming. Map it into another of 86 keys.

Other products do have widespread issues, its just that no one cares. Why would an article be interesting if Dell Latitude EXXX had a battery problem. Like literally no one would give shit other than people who own the laptop. But Apple, oh boy Apple...

Yup, even if they do something good

Superfish was huuge. Everyone prefers not to return their device. Do you think Apple loves this? They're going to lose millions of dollars due to this but they have to because they made a mistake.

Oh god. The problem became widespread enough recently for apple to investigate. Do you think any company would investigate just because one guy had battery problem or another guy had a random shutdown. All the keyboard articles were published like a month ago with only very isolated cases a year back. Dont be so delusional.

So what is your point here, It's not like every product they release have a problem. When they had a problem, they're fixing it free of cost. Anyone fed up of Apple are basically welcome to shift to other platforms

I've tried it in their stores and I didn't really mind it (of course it was short span of time). I felt that I could easily get used to it. Even Linus said he didn't hate it. Some people do. It's subjective, so you can't say anything about that

I'm sorry but I dont think it applies to tech. There's alot of great laptops and great smartphones available from other companies than apple. If they kept making subpar products, people would just eventually move away and they would've died. Remember what happened to Nokia and blackberry

Apple get just as much bad press an anyone, not more, not less, the same

Apple did a shit thing and got called out for it

There are literally 2 people in this thread trying to defend the indefensible, If you want anyone to take you seriously, at all, regarding apple matters then stop, just stop.

1 minute ago, mr moose said:

Did you actually just say that? Apple gets way more attention than literally any other tech company of the planet on the mainstream media

1 minute ago, mr moose said:

There are literally 2 people in this thread trying to defend the indefensible, If you want anyone to take you seriously, at all, regarding apple matters then stop, just stop.

Okay let's put it this way. How many people would be fine with consoles in PCMR group. Consoles have their advantages but most people in PCMR have just religious hatred towards them. Same here

9 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Well, the only machines with these keyboards run OSX, so gaming isn't a huge concern.

Sure but it runs csgo or Lol or older games just fine, so it'd be sad for people Who bought the machine to be prevented to use those for it. That aside, that bad key placement is awful even for copy pasting purposes...

13 minutes ago, RedRound2 said:

How many people would be fine with consoles in PCMR group. Consoles have their advantages but most people in PCMR have just religious hatred towards them. Same here

Lol what ? Most people in PCMR groups own at least 1 of the consoles, most of them just shit on them because it's a meme.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

4 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

Lol what ? Most people in PCMR groups own at least 1 of the consoles, most of them just shit on them because it's a meme.

and the point completely went over your head

14 minutes ago, RedRound2 said:

Did you actually just say that? Apple gets way more attention than literally any other tech company of the planet on the mainstream media

I'm actually with @mr moose with this one. Apple receives more media attention than other brands in general. However - relatively speaking - it gets as much bad press as others.

2 minutes ago, RedRound2 said:

and the point completely went over your head

Is the pot calling the kettle black ? How ironic lmao

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

7 minutes ago, RedRound2 said:

most people in PCMR have just religious hatred towards them. Same here

No. I think most people here are:

1. DIY fixers/builders - So Apple at the start line isn't winning anyone favor.
  2. Crtical of hardware that is in the upper end on price. - I doubt many here would care about GTX 930 issues, unlike the GTX 970 .5GB issue.

And as with mr moose said. Apple gets a ton of media attention. Probably 5x more then Dell, or Asus exc.

50 minutes ago, RedRound2 said:

You say that, but the thing is, most iPhone owners I know buy iPhones simply because they are iPhones. Hell, some of them even acknowledge that another phone might be better for their use case, but they still buy the iPhone.

Also, this definitely applies to tech. For example, the 7600K, even after Ryzen's release, it was one of the best selling CPUs on the market, even though it was a subpar option.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

1 hour ago, RedRound2 said:

You honestly think they didnt know about these issues back in 2016? You are claiming this a new issue. No it isn't. This is a issue that have been affecting a lot of people all the way back to the introduction of the new keyboard in 2015.

You don't think apple engineers look on what issues a laptop was serviced for? They knew about this for years. But they took their time to release a extended warranty program for it. Years actually.

What I'm getting at.. This is NOT a new issue and apple did NOT release a free repair program quickly.

43 minutes ago, RedRound2 said:

Well, Microsoft did not get away with it. Did you not see the thread?

Also, I agree that Apple issues gets overblown, but I think one of the reasons they do is because there are some people who will deny and defend Apple for almost anything. It takes two to tango. If everyone in this thread just went "yep, that was terrible of them but at least they are doing something now" then the thread would have ended after a single page. However, because some people are trying to push the idea that this is not an issue and Apple are amazing at everything they do, we end up with threads like this.

48 minutes ago, RedRound2 said:

So is your argument that Apple responded quickly after they made the investigation, but they didn't start the investigation when the issues started appearing and instead waited like 2 years and a few lawsuits before they got off their butts? If you're trying to pain Apple in a better light then you're doing a pretty bad job of it.

Facts are facts. The defective products have been on the market for something like 2 years, and Apple just now acknowledged it. There is no way you can twist or turn on that fact.

53 minutes ago, RedRound2 said:

I have been seeing widespread reports for at least 8 months now. I don't think 8 months is recent.

By the way, the cost of repairing the keyboard at Apple was about 500 British pounds (660 USD) according to this post.

Here are some high profile links about it:

The new Macbook keyboard is ruining my life (October 2017)

There's No i in Keyboard (October 2017)

Keyboard inconsistencies & oddities plaguing some 2016 MacBook Pro users (February 2017)

The Apple ButterFly Keyboard Problem (November 2017)

2016 15" MacBook Pro Keyboard Issue (December 2016)

5 page thread on Apple's forum about it, started on February 2017

Apple also published a document in June 2017 specifically for people having issues with the 2015 and later Macbook Pro keyboard. So in July 2017 Apple at the very least knew that it was a wide spread enough issue that they felt like they needed to post instructions on how to potentially fix the issue.

The problem with your argument here is that no matter how much evidence I throw at you, you can just dismiss it at being "isolated cases" and claim they were not worthy of Apple's investigation time. The fact of the matter is that there were many, many people with issues like these for well over a year, if not more. Hell, 9to5Mac have been reporting on it for almost a year and a half.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if it is revealed that every single Macbook released in the last couple of years have had widespread issues.

Anyway, I have made several points but I can summarize them for you if you want.

1) Apple often have issues with their products, and they are extremely slow to admit it.

2) Companies having to constantly recall products is not a sign of a good company, and not something you should expect from a luxury brand which often (undeservingly) gets praised for their exceptional quality.

3) The keyboard is flawed.

4) "Many people are buying it, so it must be good" is a fallacy and invalid. It is just as invalid as saying cigarettes are good for you because a lot of people smoke.

5) Apple should fix this issue. They should not replace the faulty keyboards with a keyboard that will have the same issue. It's just a bandaid fix and for a luxury brand like Apple you should expect better.

6) Constantly saying people don't have to buy Apple products if they don't want to, or saying you can just sell it, does not invalidate any of the criticism. If I go to a restaurant and order food, that ends up tasting like crap, saying "just don't eat it then!" doesn't make the food taste good. You replies doesn't actually address the issues being brought up. It comes off as a desperate attempt to make people shut up because you don't want to hear anything negative about Apple.

Those have been my points so far.

My point was that if your keyboard doesn't work properly then I find it hard to believe it is the "best laptop keyboard ever". I'd imagine actually functioning is one of the requirements to earn that title.

99.9% of people buying tech are clueless about technology, and yes I do include you as well as a large portion of this forum into that statistic.

The vast majority of people do not make educated comparisons between products before buying.

And yes, argumentum ad populum is a fallacy even in tech. Mc Donalds is one of the worlds most popular restaurants. Does that mean they make the best food? No. Same story there. Popular does not inherently mean good. And don't try and pretend like people have more choices of smartphones or laptops then they do when it comes to food.

15 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

Fine, I'll quote you. 

I think its the best keyboard I have ever used in a laptop. Feels great, types fast, nice feedback. Maybe if you're 50 and have fat fingers you might think differently, but as someone who still has reflexes like a rattlesnake on crack.....I love it. 

That being said, I will be taking advantage of this program before I resell my 2016 MacBook Pro, or if the keyboard ever fails. So far the only issue I have had is a very infrequent double tap of the x key. 

How do I get used to 1.8mm key travel found on my T480 compared to desktop mehabical keyboards? Always gets straining after half an hour or so.. :/ 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

17 minutes ago, themctipers said:

How do I get used to 1.8mm key travel found on my T480 compared to desktop mehabical keyboards? Always gets straining after half an hour or so.. :/ 

Idk, I’m not complaining when going back from my G610 Orion to my MacBook ?

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

11 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Idk, I’m not complaining when going back from my G610 Orion to my MacBook ?

im complaining when going from my netbook to my t480 to my 3000 n100 to my g910

:/ vast difference in key travel, with the netbook being surprisingly good because resistance 

3000 n100 just feels like bleh fuck I'll move it but it has a lot of movement and the t480 is moving with your finger and it feels much nicer but it has barely any movement and so I bottom out even when trying to type quiet 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

4 hours ago, mr moose said:

To be honest, I kind of want to disagree with the idea that Apple is treated equally to other manufacturers in the press. The way I see it is because Apple is such a household name, you see many more news publications talking about issues they're facing. I've seen Fox News break stories on Apple but not on Dell, for example.

But I definitely disagree with the idea that if Dell or HP were selling faulty keyboards on a majority of their products that they'd get away with it in the media, there would be massive backlash for the likes of them and a lot less forgiveness from consumers than Apple would receive.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.