Google AI now predicting if you'll die within 95% accuracy

rcmaehl
10 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Again, in Sweden we treat patients who we know will die.

We can already tell when someone is going to die in a lot of situations, but those people get treated anyway.

That’s actually the case for Europe in general. :-)

19 minutes ago, mr moose said:

I have a doctors appointment this afternoon for a lump in my back, I think I'll cancel that appointment because it appears there are more experts in LTT and the forums are free.

The internet is pretty accurate at making a diagnosis though ;-)

10 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Let me make my diagnosis. 

Is is hard? If so, go to a doctor. 

Is it soft? If so, go to a doctor. 

Is it red? If so, go to a doctor.

Is it brown? If so, go to a doctor. 

I'm really good. 

Don't need a doctor, There are plenty here.

3 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

The internet is pretty accurate at making a diagnosis though ;-)

Damn it, I've mostly likely got aids then >:(

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

If anyone had seen the medical system in Canada then they will call this a godsend

55 minutes ago, mr moose said:

I have a doctors appointment this afternoon for a lump in my back, I think I'll cancel that appointment because it appears there are more experts in LTT and the forums are free.

Have I made the right decision? 

Ehh, I'll have the Coroner on standby.

Slightly off topic, I suddenly remembered in Chrono Trigger the scene where Janus makes the death prediction.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

1 minute ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Ehh, I'll have the Coroner on standby.

No need my friend, there is enough confidence in this thread to keep me alive for quite some time.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 minute ago, mr moose said:

No need my friend, there is enough confidence in this thread to keep me alive for quite some time.

Who needs a doctor anyway when you have the LTT forum.

And a dietitian has also become unnecessary... just take a look at the threads about weight loss in the ‘off topic’ section of the forum ;-)

12 minutes ago, Sypran said:

Oh... Oh no.

deadday.png

lol mine says ill be 100

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

3 hours ago, GDRRiley said:

lol mine says ill be 100

so... you're still alive after 180 seconds? :P

8 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

Someone should probably tell Google that it’s easy to tell if someone will live or die really. 

Cancer is really hard to predict. Although if you are getting Chemo then it’s inevitable. 

There are many diseases that are just an estimate of the average life expectancy and you have to take into account how weird the human body is. Take Stephen Hawking for example. 

I wasnt specifically talking about cancer but yes its hard to predict. My family is riddled with it and my grandfather that just passed had it for 10 years when they gave him months to live as it was a very fast growing cancer. Point being that AI will give better results compared to doctors. But the human body can do amazing shit so it still should be taken with a grain of salt. 

7 hours ago, mr moose said:

Ouch, I might just be able cut myself on that edginess.

8 hours ago, Trixanity said:

Ouch, I might just be able cut myself on that edginess.

If I had anymore edges I'd be like a shape with lots of edges.

15 hours ago, Sypran said:

Oh... Oh no.

OjXHI4S.png

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

11 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

Damn, I'm one really bad edgy mofo, I should be in detention right now. :ph34r:

Pretty good actually , but it's sorta pointless when it comes to practicality . "Oh i'm gonna die in 24 hours? Thanks Google " , This kinda data is only beneficial when it comes to a business minded oversight , you know if there's a covert oversight knowing this kinda probability & statistics to assign personalized overpriced treatment to those at certain risk that would deem profitable to the hospital in the final hours , as in funneling as much profit digging resources onto it, it's a game changer for making money playing with human lives.

Details separate people.

Just wait until it controls the nukes and that accuracy jumps to 100%

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

1 hour ago, Christophe Corazza said:

ok that is actually quite interesting

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

3 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

You can even go higher: :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megagon

not to be confused with:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megatron

I'm more interested in this part

René Descartes uses the chiliagon as an example in his Sixth Meditation to demonstrate the difference between pure intellection and imagination. He says that, when one thinks of a chiliagon, he "does not imagine the thousand sides or see them as if they were present" before him – as he does when one imagines a triangle, for example. The imagination constructs a "confused representation," which is no different from that which it constructs of a myriagon (a polygon with ten thousand sides). However, he does clearly understand what a chiliagon is, just as he understands what a triangle is, and he is able to distinguish it from a myriagon. Therefore, the intellect is not dependent on imagination, Descartes claims, as it is able to entertain clear and distinct ideas when imagination is unable to.[1] Philosopher Pierre Gassendi, a contemporary of Descartes, was critical of this interpretation, believing that while Descartes could imagine a chiliagon, he could not understand it: one could "perceive that the word 'chiliagon' signifies a figure with a thousand angles [but] that is just the meaning of the term, and it does not follow that you understand the thousand angles of the figure any better than you imagine them."[2]

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

21 hours ago, Bcat00 said:

If anyone had seen the medical system in Canada then they will call this a godsend

If we're calling Canada the gold standard for this, WebMD is a godsend.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.