Wow...things have changed since I was around.

Fuck, my first post on here three years ago was discussing whether AMD could make a comeback or not. Obviously times have changed but I haven't followed the PC market in so long and it's crazy now.

Even cases are hard to decide on with all of them just being lights and glass. I remember when the HAF X was considered cool.

How does one find their way through this modern realm of PC building?

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

6 minutes ago, KarateHottie93 said:

Fuck, my first post on here three years ago was discussing whether AMD could make a comeback or not. Obviously times have changed but I haven't followed the PC market in so long and it's crazy now.

Even cases are hard to decide on with all of them just being lights and glass. I remember when the HAF X was considered cool.

How does one find their way through this modern realm of PC building?

Through YouTube videos mostly, check out Gamers Nexus if you haven't already.

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

7 minutes ago, KarateHottie93 said:

I remember when the HAF X was considered cool.

Indeed. Heck of a case it was. Wish I owned one.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

7 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

I've thought about buying a new one myself, or another 780T since they are the best cases I ever personally had. Only thing that bothers me with the HAF X is I'd have to buy a FireWire header card since dead ports drive me crazy lol. Even then, since all FireWire cards share ports, I'd be stuck with a dead one on the card if I decided to use the header. Fucked no matter what eh...

25 minutes ago, Ben Quigley said:

Through YouTube videos mostly, check out Gamers Nexus if you haven't already.

Gamers Nexus! This guy will bore you to death with overly technical videos. PcPartpicker...

32 minutes ago, KarateHottie93 said:

Haha I remember when I was an edgy teen and wanted the nvidia green hafX xD

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

5 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

Gamers Nexus! This guy will bore you to death with overly technical videos. PcPartpicker...

His voice is what bore me to death... I don't know why, he just has that kind of voice that doesn't do it for me.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

3 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

His voice is what bore me to death... I don't know why, he just has that kind of voice that doesn't do it for me.

I can see that, but he's still one of the more respectable and reputable tech journalist around imo.

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

18 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Haha I remember when I was an edgy teen and wanted the nvidia green hafX xD

R E P R E S S E D M E M O R I E S

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Always start with what you want to accomplish with a new PC and start asking questions on what would be a good fit for that.  Are you gaming? Gaming and streaming? Just watching Netflix?  Once you have that a recommendation can be made so you don’t overpurchase or underpurchase

1 hour ago, kokakolia said:

I mean, considering he managed to influence basically all of Cooler Master's upcoming case designs, I wouldn't call his videos over-technical or boring, I'd just call them interesting to the people who seem them as so.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

2 hours ago, KarateHottie93 said:

Congrats on staying offline

I commend you for your strength in that regard.

Yes times have changed and as you get older time flies by. Makes me wonder how old Linus is, plus he age discriminates by hiring only young people ;/

AMD is good now, Intel uses mayonnaise as thermal paste, RGB + let's choke airflow with glass front panels is still a thing (why) and a 1TB SSD is actually affordable.

That should get you up to speed.

I just make it up as I go along

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

4 hours ago, TheRandomness said:

I mean, considering he managed to influence basically all of Cooler Master's upcoming case designs, I wouldn't call his videos over-technical or boring, I'd just call them interesting to the people who seem them as so.

Yes! Ok...I gotta say that the Gamers Nexus articles are far better for that purpose. And they're very well written. You can really get to the meat of the subject without having to sit through a dragged out summary of benchmarks and numbers. 

I think I figured out 2018's build style...

Black parts, RGB LED tape, and tempered glass

IMG_20180609_120555.thumb.jpg.3ce5885528911cc31050cb361297af4b.jpgIMG_20180609_120544.thumb.jpg.fa852093127d3f165ab22555021193b6.jpg

IMG_20180610_001931.thumb.jpg.5bd60e80935a42e1aad4083244d82c5d.jpgIMG_20180610_001941.thumb.jpg.a504482fecfbc44b676c0fba924b038f.jpg

It does look nice but I do miss the classic cheesy gaming cases with meters on the front or other gimmicks

10 hours ago, Yoinkerman said:

I just make it up as I go along

Secretly... Don't we all?

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Hmm, great replies here...thank you guys.

I believe I'm gonna do what I did in 2014 and save up to build two PC's at once, as having both an AMD/AMD and Intel/Nvidia rig just excites me more. Plus I feel like building two similar performance once just helps me keep the quality up, in like some weird competition with myself way if that makes sense.

What I have in mind so far is a 2700X, Vega 56 Nitro, Prime X470 Pro, another 780T as I had the case before and loved it, and then whatever Ram, PSU, Storage, etc I decide on.

The next build will be an 8700K, 1070 Ti Amp Extreme, TUF Z370 Pro, Cougar Panzer Max as it has all the same support and similar side panel latch to 780T (best open mechanism ever), and it matches the other parts. Then I'll do the same as the AMD build with just decide the other parts as I go along.

I wanna hard loop both but soooo much money so idk. The parts I have listed alone, I'll have to buy here and there over the course of a few months. It should be fun though eh. Just hope I don't end up selling them for ridiculously cheap like I usually do when I get bored of PC's.

4 minutes ago, KarateHottie93 said:

Hmm, great replies here...thank you guys.

I believe I'm gonna do what I did in 2014 and save up to build two PC's at once, as having both an AMD/AMD and Intel/Nvidia rig just excites me more.

What I have in mind so far is a 2700X, Vega 56 Nitro, Prime X470 Pro, another 780T as I had the case before and loved it, and then whatever Ram, PSU, Storage, etc I decide on.

The next build will be an 8700K, 1070 Ti Amp Extreme, TUF Z370 Pro, Cougar Panzer Max as it has all the same support and similar side panel latch to 780T, (best open mechanism ever) and it matches the other parts. Then I'll do the same as the AMD build with just decide the other parts as I go along.

I wanna hard loop both but soooo much money so idk. The parts I have listed alone, I'll have to buy here and there over the course of a few months. It should be fun though eh. Just hope I don't end up selling them for ridiculously cheap like I usually do when I get bored of PC's.

Honestly if you have enough money foor these set ups I would look at a higher end x470 board. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

16 minutes ago, Ben Quigley said:

Honestly if you have enough money foor these set ups I would look at a higher end x470 board. 

Eh I used to be all about banking on high end mobos. Before I has a P8P67 WS Revolution and a Crosshair V Formula Z.

There wasn't much reason though. The P8P67 WS board did let me OC on ROG levels...while having the actual internal USB ports I used to love. Outside of that though, I didn't really utilize it to near it's true potential.

The Crosshair was just incase I ever wanted to upgrade to a 9590, while also getting that red color scheme and Asus Bios.

From what I've looked up about the Prime Pro, it's perfect for my needs...and looks cool which is most important :D

53 minutes ago, KarateHottie93 said:

I believe I'm gonna do what I did in 2014 and save up to build two PC's at once, as having both an AMD/AMD and Intel/Nvidia rig just excites me more.

What system(s) are you running tight now?

53 minutes ago, KarateHottie93 said:

if that makes sense

makes complete sense xD

13 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

What system(s) are you running tight now?

makes complete sense xD

Lol just a cheap prebuilt HP all in one with an AMD APU from back when the were pretty much trash.

I haven't really needed anything else honestly as it works Google just fine, and can run WoW...to a degree. Got a new job though that pays well and with money comes luxury when you're an impulsive dumbass like me lol.

16 hours ago, DildorTheDecent said:

I have a friend who has one who would sell it, but is too lazy to. But I see you're in Brtain so shipping would probably be a small fortune :/ if you wanted to buy it..

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

8 minutes ago, KarateHottie93 said:

Lol just a cheap prebuilt HP all in one with an AMD APU from back when the were pretty much trash.

I haven't really needed anything else honestly as it works Google just fine, and can run WoW...to a degree. Got a new job though that pays well and with money comes luxury when you're an impulsive dumbass like me lol.

anytime you come into contact with additional money; do something to lock most of it away from yourself. So you can build a *real* savings. Like anything it'll be hard at first... but once you get used to it and your mindset changes then you'll be well off. :)

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1