Livestreamer Arrested For College Bomb 'Prank'

SpankThatSauce

hpls1rwygwvjiydmiy4n.png

Original Articles: 

Source 1: https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2018/06/youtube-livestreamer-arrested-for-college-bomb-prank-that-sent-panicked-bystanders-fleeing/

Source 2: http://www.dailyuw.com/news/article_6d066344-6540-11e8-8440-7faeb62da9ee.html

Source 3: http://komonews.com/news/local/man-who-broadcast-prank-bomb-threat-at-uw-told-to-stay-off-youtube

Clip from the livestream: https://neatclip.com/clip/pv2dBwoD

A YouTube and Twitch personality calling himself "Arab Andy" was arrested yesterday after entering a crowded room on the University of Washington campus and playing a message declaring an explosive device had been planted and would soon detonate. At around 5PM local time on Thursday, authorities say a man walked into the room while filming with a phone in his hand and "asked for everyone's attention and a pre-recorded message emitted from a speaker on his jacket".

Video from the livestream (which has been taken down by YouTube), shows people running from the room after hearing the recording stating "C4 has been successfully activated, bomb detonation countdown successfully started", followed by beeping and audio of screaming.

Previous uploads show Andy regularly used his livestream to profit off such "pranks", soliciting donations as low as $US3 ($4) via paid commenting systems to play messages of a viewer's choice in public places. For $US20 ($27), he offered to "Scream Allahu Akbar". Yesterday's fake bomb threat appears to have cost a viewer just $US4.20 ($6).

It goes to show the times that we live in that there is a market for this sort of behaviour that people see as 'Entertainment'.

In footage from his arrest (which, again, he livestreamed) it's unclear whether Andy understands the gravity of what he's involved in, telling police at the time, "I didn't do nothing. That was TTS. That was a donation," and repeatedly referring to the arresting officer as "bro".

In the technology age that we live in everyday there will always be people who believe that their twisted ideas and actions will be seen as entertainment to someone out there that will pay to watch it happen. My personal opinion is that livestreamers like Arab Andy should be held fully accountable to their actions, if that is being arrested/charged, removed from the livestreaming service they use or in some cases having the financial system they use to gain the money blocked so that there is no monetary incentive for their actions.

Edit: Updated Information,

"Arab Andy" has been identified as Jammal Hassan Harraz. He has been charged with "threat to bomb or injure property." He is being held in custody at King County Correctional Facility and has been denied bail.

Edit #2: Updated News Sources and Additional Information

In court Friday, a judge set bail at $75,000 and set the stipulation that Harraz can't post any more videos on YouTube while he awaits trial.

News Reporter Tweet:

Judge sets bail at $75,000 for suspect arrested for UW bomb threat. Judge says Jammal Harraz could be a threat to public safety. Bail $75,000.

https://twitter.com/AlisonKIRO7/status/1002678719935205376

"I didn't do nothing. That was TTS. That was a donation,"

Ok, really?

Really??

Really???

Like that's gonna get past anyone. It's clear he did something.

You don't just walk into a place like that and play something like that. To be perfectly honest, I'm surprised nobody beat the crap out of him. I probably would have if I was there.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

3 minutes ago, RollTime said:

I honestly hope he gets some jail time. That was a horrific thing to do, as someone could have been badly hurt in the chaos.

Probably would have been him, if I was there....

Not that sneak attacks are my forte, but in the chaos and everything, I doubt anyone would really notice....

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

good, I hope this piece of shit rots in a jail cell for a while for terroristic threats. Even if he didnt do it personally, he enabled someone to do it through him. He is just as guilty as the person who paid him to do it on their behalf. Joke or not, This is not acceptable in any form or fashion. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

How about we jail the guy to set a precedent? Oh, wait, the precedent is already set. Let's start fining these guys to the full extent of the law as "free speech" does not protect when inciting riots (can't find the right word at the moment). 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

4 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

How about we jail the guy to set a precedent? Oh, wait, the precedent is already set. Let's start fining these guys to the full extent of the law as "free speech" does not protect when inciting riots (can't find the right word at the moment). 

Ideally both him and the person who donated will get charged. The donation wasn't random, it was chosen purposely.

28 minutes ago, potoooooooo said:

Ideally both him and the person who donated will get charged. The donation wasn't random, it was chosen purposely.

He gets hit with incitement to riot, and depending on exactly what was hashed out beforehand the guy donating gets hit with conspiracy and solicitation. Although that depends on exactly what they discussed. If it was just a generic "in public" discussion the donator might not get hit with any charges.

58 minutes ago, RollTime said:

I honestly hope he gets some jail time.

48 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

good, I hope this piece of shit rots in a jail cell for a while for terroristic threats.

45 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

How about we jail the guy to set a precedent?

Not sure if time behind bars will add brain cells to this one, but a harsh punishment is justified.

The ironic thing though, is that this will be the next guy to complain about how his videos are being demonitized and how it’s so hard to make a living as a creator. These are the kinds of people that are ruining the brand for everybody.

Interestingly every single person who was in that room when it happened could sue him. I hope they do.

He likely won't get jail time, but I think a fine is certainly fitting. $20,000 can be quite a deterrent.

On another note there's a Go Fund Me for assisting him with his legal fees.

Yeah, let's have this happen more often guys. The internet really has me shaking my head sometimes. It's too good at enabling idiots.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

That was a donation," and repeatedly referring to the arresting officer as "bro".

back to the "It's just a prank bro!" 

I guess this is one of those similar situations where one has free speech but can’t slander or yell bomb or fire in an open theatre. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Glad he was arrested, don't joke about that shit.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

As to what I understand:

1. He live streamed youtube videos.

2.Some of his live viewers donated money in the live stream with comments.

4. He used text-to-speech software to play aloud these comments with a speaker in his jacket.

5.The comments are usually funny and trolling, trying to get maximim reaction.

6.One such comment made the bomb threat and that was read aloud in the university

Did he ask the viewers to comment a bomb threat?

4 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Ok, really?

Really??

Really???

Like that's gonna get past anyone. It's clear he did something.

You don't just walk into a place like that and play something like that. To be perfectly honest, I'm surprised nobody beat the crap out of him. I probably would have if I was there.

90140.original-6555.jpg?rect=0,0,208,208

In footage from his arrest (which, again, he livestreamed) it's unclear whether Andy understands the gravity of what he's involved in, telling police at the time, "I didn't do nothing. That was TTS. That was a donation," and repeatedly referring to the arresting officer as "bro".

Wait, he actually said that? I thought the "didn't do nothing" thing was just a racist joke because it makes them sound mentally challenged. I didn't think people actually said it. And on top of that, referring to the police as "bro". He's like a walking caricature.

3 hours ago, avg123 said:

As to what I understand:

1. He live streamed youtube videos.

2.Some of his live viewers donated money in the live stream with comments.

4. He used text-to-speech software to play aloud these comments with a speaker in his jacket.

5.The comments are usually funny and trolling, trying to get maximim reaction.

6.One such comment made the bomb threat and that was read aloud in the university

Did he ask the viewers to comment a bomb threat?

Yes, you have understood the situation correctly.

He has a history of doing these kinds of things though. Like the article say, he has offered to shout "Allahu Akbar" for certain donation amounts, for example.

I believe that even for the widest interpretations of Free Speech you're still simply not allowed to cause panics so this is indefensible. As in legally indefensible he just needs to go do a stretch on the slammer and that's it.

-------

Current Rig

-------

11 hours ago, Christophe Corazza said:

this will be the next guy to complain about how his videos are being demonitized and how it’s so hard to make a living as a creator.

Pfffft.

When he does stuff like this, he's pretty much asking for it to be demonitized.

Entertainment is see he go to jail for roughly 5 dollars.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

NEW: Throw chair at an idiot! Only $13.37!

He only needs to do shout out stupid stuff 374 ($20 per shout) more times without being arrested to pay his own bail...

Tbh in 'Merica and having have done this stuff for a while I'm surprised his body is still lacking bullet wounds 

That's an F in the profile pic