School Shooting game on steam

spartaman64
14 hours ago, Christophe Corazza said:

Or any audience in general.

What I meant is yes any audience in any country will probably find it distasteful.

But for people in the US it's far beyond that, because it depicts something real for them so it's a more sensitive issue.

9 hours ago, Mio85 said:

It's just a game, I have no problem with it. Look at the game called HATRED, in which you play a mass murderer.

Hopefully this games brings more attention on gun control.

Don't really see the connection.

9 minutes ago, Humbug said:

I don’t see the relation either...

3 hours ago, BisquTz said:

it only shows teachers, and do you not remember 'No Russian'

Already replied to a comment about no Russian a page or 2 back. 

That's in an airport though, assuming you're on about the no Russian mission. It has a warning with the option to skip the mission, due to the complaints it received.

An airport doesn't immediately put the thought of children into your head like a school does either. 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

This isnt even the first one on steam, the one with the dumbest pubs sure, But by no means a precedent 

Did people give PUBG flak for having a school in it? I know every time I've dropped there I never once thought "time to kill some kids" as everyone keeps implying with this game. There are only adult characters in the game as there is in PUBG so they're the same in that regard.

33 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

Did people give PUBG flak for having a school in it? I know every time I've dropped there I never once thought "time to kill some kids" as everyone keeps implying with this game. There are only adult characters in the game as there is in PUBG so they're the same in that regard.

PUBG isn't asking you to shoot at innocent people like Active Shooter does.

And make no mistake, the only reason Active Shooter has adults is because it knows what would happen if there were kids; even as loose as Steam's policies are, that'd be a fast track to a permanent ban for the developer.  The studio is trying to implement just enough controversy to get attention while still being 'safe' enough to reap the profits.

In a sense, that's the real offense -- it's exploiting tragedies solely to make a quick buck, and many of the people rushing to the company's defense don't even realize that they're being played like suckers.

8 hours ago, Humbug said:

What I meant is yes any audience in any country will probably find it distasteful.

But for people in the US it's far beyond that, because it depicts something real for them so it's a more sensitive issue.

The connection being the US has multiple school shootings a week.

6 minutes ago, Mio85 said:

I was about to ask if you were sure about the claim “multiple school shootings a week” since it seemed a bit exaggerated to me. So I looked it up...

o.O

WTF, that’s indeed true!

That’s quite disturbing though!

16 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

I was about to ask if you were sure about the claim “multiple school shootings a week” since it seemed a bit exaggerated to me. So I looked it up...

o.O

WTF, that’s indeed true!

That’s quite disturbing though!

Yup, it's pretty screwed up. But I'm not going to get any further into it as this is a tech site.

On 26/05/2018 at 6:25 PM, spartaman64 said:

bl6ie0haesh6ocamp8nz.jpg

On the surface this does appear really bad especially with recent events and my first reaction was negative towards the game. But I thought about other games where there is a similar dilemma like COD, battlefield, overwatch and csgo where war and terrorism are depicted. It's hard to argue that this game is any more immoral than the other 3 listed imo.

Note: afaik there are only teachers and no children in the game

https://steamed.kotaku.com/school-shooting-game-angers-steam-users-developer-like-1826336524

Blatant.

Added to my 'Not interested' list on Steam

Will stick with Rainbow 6 where there is narrative 

My Rig "Valiant"  Intel® Core™ i7-5930 @3.5GHz ; Asus X99 DELUXE 3.1 ; Corsair H110i ; Corsair Dominator Platinium 64GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 ; 2 x 6GB ASUS NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980 Ti Strix ; Corsair Obsidian Series 900D ; Samsung 950 Pro NVME + Samsung 850 Pro SATA + HDD Western Digital Black - 2TB ; Corsair AX1500i Professional 80 PLUS Titanium ; x3 Samsung S27D850T 27-Inch WQHD Monitor

Overwatch, a game with a talking Gorilla and robotic monk, tossed in the same category as a school shooting game...? ?

@spartaman64

The game and the dev have been removed from Steam.

It was the infamous Ata Berdiyev. The man never gives up.

https://web.archive.org/web/20180530022243/http://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/active-shooter-removed-steam-1202824801/

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

11 hours ago, matrix07012 said:

@spartaman64

The game and the dev have been removed from Steam.

It was the infamous Ata Berdiyev. The man never gives up.

https://web.archive.org/web/20180530022243/http://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/active-shooter-removed-steam-1202824801/

Soccer moms have won.

He makes a good point that Valve allows Postal, Hatred, and Carmaggedon... 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

41 minutes ago, Raskolnikov said:

Soccer moms have won.

You would have a point if it was an actual game made by an actual developer that wasn’t already banned multiple times.

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

On 5/29/2018 at 2:07 PM, Mio85 said:

Uh, no.  We don't.  There were two recently, which brings the total for 2018 to 3.  Now that is certainly 3 too many, but there aren't nearly so prevalent as the media has attempted to portray.

You're probably referring to the 18-22 number that's been bandied about recently, which is a complete and utter fabrication (or more accurately, obfuscation).  That number includes any time a firearm was discharged in or near a school, including one suicide that took place on a weekend - when there was absolutely no staff or children present - and even one accidental discharge by a LEO, wherein no one was injured.

say what you want, I'm getting this before it gets removed

EDIT : nvm its gone

It was removed. The soccer moms have won. 

14 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

Soccer moms have won.

It's time to open up visual studio and mspaint to create my own autistic mass shooting simulator. Let's see how they react. Lets watch them flip their shit. This is going to be fun.

Got it my dude

2.PNG

On 5/28/2018 at 3:19 PM, SupremeGOAT said:

where exactly is the line? there gonna be a strangling babies game next?rape game? where does the line get drawn...i'm curious...

It's drawn at "not enough people interested in it in order to justify the effort of making it".

On 5/29/2018 at 2:45 PM, RKRiley said:

That's in an airport though, assuming you're on about the no Russian mission. It has a warning with the option to skip the mission, due to the complaints it received.

This game has the option to play as SWAT. So playing as a killer is as much of an option as it is in games like, I don't know, Fallout.

There's no shortage of games in which you can start a killing spree of civilians. And there was Carmaggedon...

13 minutes ago, FZPX said:

say what you want, I'm getting this before it gets removed

Why would have to do do it before it gets removed?

Despite the gamers' huge Stockholm syndrome towards Steam, it still hasn't succeeded at becoming the sole source and ultimate walled garden's gatekeeper for games. Just because a developer can't make a game available in Steam it doesn't mean they can't make it available for you at all.

10 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

This game has the option to play as SWAT. So playing as a killer is as much of an option as it is in games like, I don't know, Fallout.

There's no shortage of games in which you can start a killing spree of civilians. And there was Carmaggedon...

Another thing i've already posted on this thread -

If we're going onto the shooting civilians debate then what about games like hitman where you can shoot civ's, and whatever that new spy party game is that alot of the YouTube gamers are playing. 

It's not the civillians part that even bothers me to be honest, it's the fact its set in a school, which immediately puts the thought of like children/young people into your head, that's where its a bit fucked up.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

6 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

It's not the civillians part that even bothers me to be honest, it's the fact its set in a school, which immediately puts the thought of like children/young people into your head, that's where its a bit fucked up.

I don't see that at all. First, there are many game sin which you can shoot people inside a School (even if it's a school in ruins, as in Fallout), and second, in games like fallout there are actual children you can shoot (they just won't die). This whole "puts the thought of children" is fairly weak, and it seems to me to lie more on the mind of the user than in the hands of the dev. You are (if you want) shooting grownup PC characters inside a school building. If you see or "think of" children, that's not something you can blame on others.

But perhaps more important than all of it: if there were actual children NPCs you can shoot it would make no difference. Shootng games will have you shoot at in-game objects that may be shaped as people, animals, rubber ducks or pumpkin-headed nazi zombies. It's just a texture on a 3D model.

In any case, Valve is free to choose what to sell based on whatever criteria they may like. The game in itself is not banned, which is good.

Yeah this games disgusting, I can't wait for it to be taken down, brb gonna go plant a bomb and slaughter 5 counter terrorists