Whats the stupidest thing you have ever done?

Mine was going to iceskating with my friends in the middle of the night to an abandoned lake in January 2014. We thought that we would have a lot of fun...Well, no. I broke my left arm and I'm left-handed, we had to call the ambulence.

What a luck that nobody of us got stuck under the ice! It could have easily broken under us. I still regret that day :(

Mine literally happened a few hours ago, formatting a drive full of emotionally valuabe pictures for my mom.. I can't imagine doing something more dumb than putting my mom's feelings at risk

Ryzen 9 7900x w/ LIAN LI Galahad 240  +   MSI RTX 3060
32GB @ 4800 mhz Corsair Vengeance + ASUS TUF X670e-PLUS

Seasonic Focus+ 750w

32 minutes ago, JasonHS said:

Mine literally happened a few hours ago, formatting a drive full of emotionally valuabe pictures for my mom.. I can't imagine doing something more dumb than putting my mom's feelings at risk

Better get that recovered ASAP! RIP man

For me it was not brushing my teeth as a kid. Now as an adult I need to get so much work done to them and it's gonna cost me a lot.

Just now, fringie said:

Better get that recovered ASAP! RIP man

It was apparently mothers day as well, I cannot explain how I felt. People told me I can most probably get them back tho, gotta need a lot of prayers ..

Ryzen 9 7900x w/ LIAN LI Galahad 240  +   MSI RTX 3060
32GB @ 4800 mhz Corsair Vengeance + ASUS TUF X670e-PLUS

Seasonic Focus+ 750w

31 minutes ago, JasonHS said:

People told me I can most probably get them back tho, gotta need a lot of prayers ..

As long as you haven’t written anything to the drive, you should be fine and it should be “easy” to get your data back

12 hours ago, JasonHS said:

just get some data recovery tools dude

I've missed my exit after turning around because I missed my exit. Not the dumbest thing I've ever done, but it makes you feel super fucking dumb when your passenger watches you do this.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

The 3rd word in the title of this topic tho.... O.o

1 hour ago, Syntaxvgm said:

I've missed my exit after turning around because I missed my exit. Not the dumbest thing I've ever done, but it makes you feel super fucking dumb when your passenger watches you do this.

It could be worst... You could be one of those really stupid people who stop on the highway or try to force themselves over putting everyone at risk.

During a power-cut when I was a kid I pushed a candle back from the edge of the kitchen worktop so it wouldn't fall off... and happened to put it right under the curtain which promptly caught fire. Just as well I was next to the sink.

IN the lab once I'd been using a mixture of dry ice and acetone as a coolant for something. When I had finished I figured I'd degas the acetone using the sonic bath. I hadn't taken into account how much carbon dioxide had dissolved in the acetone. The second I turned on the bath a column of fizzing acetone shot up to the ceiling. Spectacular, but not the smartest thing I've ever done.

My personal top 3:

1- Bought a Peugeot Hoggar once, grr;

2- Broke my soldering iron while drunk, trying to solder a tiny joint;

3- Bought a Razer Kraken Pro, by far the worst headphone and microphone i've ever owned, never believe the hype, kids.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

20 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

I licked the front porch's metal railing, in January, in Labrador, Canada.  Then I panicked and pulled away really hard.

Leave any taste buds behind?

3 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Leave any taste buds behind?

I was young but I'm told today.  However to my knowledge there have been no permanent effects.  My tongue looks normal and at least as well as I can reprieve my sense of taste is normal.  (Granted that's highly subjective)  Granted I was like 6 or 7 at the time, my body has grown about a batrillion new cells since then. :P

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

I was young but I'm told today.  However to my knowledge there have been no permanent effects.  My tongue looks normal and at least as well as I can reprieve my sense of taste is normal.  (Granted that's highly subjective)  Granted I was like 6 or 7 at the time, my body has grown about a batrillion new cells since then. :P

Lol well that's good. I entirely bit through my tongue in kindergarten because another child decided to yank my feet out from under me while I was about to go across the monkey bars. It did cause some difference in taste for me, it seemed to actually have caused my tongue to be more sensitive.

Riding down a hill on a bicycle with flat tyres, no brakes and the rain was falling buckets a drop. I still have some thorns lodged in my skin from the glorious flight and crash landing I had lol. 10/10 would never do again but I'd watch someone else do it

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

Going to work hungover.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

Using toothpaste as thermal paste.

Intel Xeon E5640 4510mhz 1.10v-1.42v (offset) - C states on (◣_◢) 16GB 2x4 1x8 1296mhz CL7 (◣_◢) ASUS P6X58DE (◣_◢) Radeon R9 Fury Sapphire Nitro (◣_◢) 500GB HDD x2 1TB HDD x2 (RAID) Intel 480GB SSD (◣_◢) NZXT S340 (◣_◢) 130hz VS VX2268WM

Probably joyriding in my parent's car whilst underage. 

Oh wait, is this about tech stuff? :P

I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't call my ex a "thing."

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

12 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't call my ex a "thing."

I laughed way harder at this than I should have. Everyone outside my office looked at me.

not taking care of my teeth is the stupidest thing i've done by far. I'm overweight, but with work that can be fixed, but there's no way to bring back better teeth, you can only fill and cap, and it costs a fortune. I'm about to do a route canal for neglecting going to the dentist

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.