Show off your old and retro computer parts

Message added by SansVarnic,

When posting with quotes, please be sure to exclude/remove/snip any photos from the quote to help with load times for slower internet connections.

Thank you,

Moderation Team

11 minutes ago, christian franca said:

SORRY ABOUT THE PHOTO QUALITY

snip

WHY ARE WE YELLING?!

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

2 hours ago, gogogame said:

Not sure it still work now tho...

Would be cool to see it in action again

IMG_20191220_232411.thumb.jpg.5dc2e171a84eec7542abf010477e37a4.jpg

OC champ, it'll do 3.5ghz no problems.

Slot PIII with L3 cache chips, and more interesting MK 61 programmable soviet calculator, and yes you can play games on this. (I think it is counts as computer, MK 61 has cpu, math co processor, ram)

IMG_0636.JPG

2014-09-03 18-03-14.JPG

Some ddr 2 ram i have and a gpu i dont lnow the name and only thing i know is that it Nvidia and old (got a intel core 2 duo in ma pc)

20191222_003034.jpg

20191222_003041.jpg

Lel

6 minutes ago, Bitter said:

That might be a 7600GT

i found out out that is an 8600GT and Dell is selling that on amazon for 150 pounds wtf

Lel

Bruv I Just Realised Ma Grandma Has A PC From The 90's Still Working And Runs Mc On 20FPS and Updated To Windows XP

Lel

50 minutes ago, AntDeGamer said:

i found out out that is an 8600GT and Dell is selling that on amazon for 150 pounds wtf

I was darn close! A die shrunk 7600GT from what I can recall, good GPU back in the day but now a Haswell IGPU would outperform it.

That was a big shocker to me a couple years ago, finding out that the integrated graphics in an i3 4130 would trounce a 7800GTX or a 9800GTX. I couldn't fathom CPU graphics killing a discrete card but here we are.

1982 Kaypro II

kaypro2_1.jpg.05cdd9ee80375b5607e5c7631bec23fe.jpg

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | GPU: GTX 1070 FE | RAM: TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks P350x | OS: Windows 10 | Monitor: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900

I have six built Windows XP systems in my basement workshop right now for an upcoming classic LAN party.

QX9650, 790i and GTX 580.

Xeon X5450, P45TAD3 and GTX 260.

Athlon 64 X2, A8R32-MVP and HD 4870.

E6750, P35 and HD 5850.

Athlon II 630, M4A785M and 7900 GTX.

E4630, PT880 and 8800 GTS. 

I've just been spending my evenings loading up Windows XP, installing drivers and installing 30+ games on each one. USB sticks have made life so much easier than the old days of swapping discs and GOG has made it even easier.

I'll take some pics.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

Happy New Year you Old Farts!!

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

9 hours ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

Happy New Year you Old Farts!!

Happy new decade***

My custom loop 5000$ PC:

CPU: Intel i7 9900k Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A RAM: 32GB (x4 8GB Modules) Corsair Dominator VideoCard: Asus Nvidia 2080ti HDD/SSD: 1TB M2 Samsung EVO 970 Case: LianLi O11 Dynamic (White) Radiator: x1 Corsair Hydro X Series XR5 360 Fans: x6 Corsair LL120 RGB Tubing: Thermaltake PETG ID: 13mm OD: 16mm Fittings: Bitspower Throughout Waterblocks: CPU: EK-Velocity RGB (Nickel+Plexi) VideoCard: EK-Vector RTX 2080ti w/ Nickel Backplate (Nickel+Plexi) Reservoir: Bitspower Touchaqua Sedna Front Plate Options: Corsair Commander Pro, Corsair RGB Controller, Custom Sleeved Cables for CPU, ATX and PCI-E

Some of the DFI's I have onhand covering Socket A, 754 and 939.

DFI boards.JPG

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

Just now, Beerzerker said:

Some of the DFI's I have onhand covering Socket A, 754 and 939.

Why does one have a kiddy pool around the CPU socket?

Was used for DICE benching to control condensation from just going everywhere.

That particular one is a rare LP NF3-250 Socket 939 board.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

10 hours ago, Beerzerker said:

Was used for DICE benching to control condensation from just going everywhere.

That particular one is a rare LP NF3-250 Socket 939 board.

thats awesome!

i love how overbuild these boards are. just look at the CPU VRM on that 939 board :o

Well if old CRTs count...

I took a photo of my desk back in 2008(on a similar era phone... The first Galaxy i think), then made it my desktop, then took a photo of that and made it my desktop, etc. etc. for about 3 or 4 iterations. Then i used printscreen to save this.

desktop_or_top_of_desk_by_quiva_d1p6occ-fullview.jpg

Oh wait... There's Nokia PC suite... must have been a nokia of some description... No idea what it was then.

In school computer labs we'd screen shot the desktop, set the image as desktop, then set the icons to hidden and the taskbar to hidden off to the side or top. Hilarity would ensue until we got in trouble.

On 12/11/2019 at 6:51 AM, Lenovich said:

Typewriter sometimes. And it can run photoshop and "develop" raw. But web browsing? Absolutely not.

Older machines are great for basic tasks. I used to have some decrepit old laptop that couldn't connect to wifi no matter what, so I just used it to write a story. Now where's the hard drive...

Love,

Mother Fawkes