Sony: We removed the headphone jack due to the XZ2's design

4 minutes ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

Well, it technically is better Bluetooth

The chip controls battery better and seamless connection of whatever they call it. Other than that its the BT protocol. Claiming its better is pure bias. 

1 minute ago, CTR640 said:

I have no idea tbh, I've had these kind of people telling others to stop complaining and must accept it to use wireless/BT headphones.

However, his nickname already explains it. But the way how he said that is just moronic.

Well he is the biggest apple fanboy here and will defend them to the death. 

I agree with you, plenty of us have wired and wireless. Let me choose. I have both, my wireless are not always charge and sometimes need to grab my wired. Good thing is I dont need an extra dongle. 

7 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

The chip controls battery better. Other than that its the BT protocol. Claiming its better is pure bias. 

I use Sony MDR-818LP and that has been manufacted 10 years ago and they still sounds very good, wired of course.

And they also stays in my ears due to the compfy design. So getting BT earphones, not really. All my other devices uses 3.5mm audiojack too.

6 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

Well he is the biggest apple fanboy here and will defend them to the death. 

I agree with you, plenty of us have wired and wireless. Let me choose. I have both, my wireless are not always charge and sometimes need to grab my wired. Good thing is I dont need an extra dongle. 

Good to know, then I'll no longer bother reply to him.

Ah crap, I totally forgot you have to charge them. Kind of frustrating when you are in middle of good movie and then they run out of juice.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

1 minute ago, CTR640 said:

I use Sony MDR-818LP and that has been manufacted 10 years ago and they still sounds very good, wired of course.

And they also stays in my ears due to the compfy design. So getting BT earphones, not really. All my other devices uses 3.5mm audiojack too.

Exactly. But they tend to bring the dongle into the argument. For me I need aux on my Jeep, Dex dock at work, and loud speaker we use for parties because honestly, the BT controller on that sucks dick. Same goes for my receiver.  And I am not carrying a dongle or buying one for each of those connections. 

5 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

Exactly. But they tend to bring the dongle into the argument. For me I need aux on my Jeep, Dex dock at work, and loud speaker we use for parties because honestly, the BT controller on that sucks dick. Same goes for my receiver.  And I am not carrying a dongle or buying one for each of those connections. 

3.5mm audiojack still rocks, end of story. And that dongle thingy sounds retarded IMO.

If you forgot to carry that thing with you, you're screwed.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

20 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

The chip controls battery better and seamless connection of whatever they call it. Other than that its the BT protocol. Claiming its better is pure bias. 

Isn’t it enhancing the BT connection? That means it’s something like Bluetooth Enhanced.

It doesn’t change the actual wireless protocol being used but rather makes it so that it uses power better and enhances connectivity. The problem is that it is proprietary 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

2 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

A 30 year old technology. 

Old =/= bad. If it did, nobody would fly the Douglas DC-3, a plane introduced over 80 years ago. But, because it works and is reliable, there's still 2000 of them flying.

You don’t need the headphone jack the way Apple sees it. Wireless, specifically Apple’s witeless, is good enough that it can replace general consumer audio consumption. 

Apple also still believes the tablet can replace your computer, even though the tablet market is dying off and they're the only ones still making any amount of money off of tablet sales.

If you do need the headphone jack you can use the free included adaptor or if you don’t like that then maybe you shouldn’t have bought the iPhone. 

Y'know what's better than a dongle you can easily lose?

Having the damn jack be built in.

8 hours ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

That’s another problem.

What’s next? USB-C won’t be around for 50+ years

Exactly my point, and that kind of longevity is something to be treasured when we find it since it is so rare, not something to be thrown out like yesterdays garbage.  So often we have a good reason to change a port (it needs more pins, it should be reversible, etc.) and so for the sake of progress, we do, but if the entire world has already agreed on one (3.5mm) and it works perfectly and has for decades, and there is literally no reason to change it, why do so?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

53 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

You are not there to tell us what to do. If people wants to use their favorite wired headpones, then let them keep using them!

And they can, just with an adapter. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

52 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

Circle closing back at the starting point I guess:

proprietary ports/protocols and carrying multiple devices 

Touchscreens never felt natural to me for browsing music. Maybe it's because I like being able to change and pause my music confidently with a bit of muscle memory. Touchscreens don't allow for that. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

9 minutes ago, Daring said:

even though the tablet market is dying off and they're the only ones still making any amount of money off of tablet sales.

So is it dying or are they making money? 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

Just now, DrMacintosh said:

And they can, just with an adapter. 

I think they’d rather not submit to the #donglelyfe

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

8 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

So is it dying or are they making money? 

Only Apple is making money. Everyone else is abandoning that market because there's no money to be made off of tablets now, unless you're named after a fruit.

9 minutes ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

Why submit to it? I have no problem with my S8+ and running into an issue where I need a dongle. I have my cake and can eat it too. 

10 minutes ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

The #Arfoirelyfe would be 10,000,000x better.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Daring said:

Only Apple is making money. Everyone else is abandoning that market because there's no money to be made off of tablets now, unless you're named after a fruit.

Well they are marketing the ipad as a PC replacement and how its more powerful than a pc (bullshit) so people are falling for it, but worst case is every android tablet manufacturer realized its dying and left the game quite quickly. 

Im sure Apple is seeing quite a hit in tablet sales over the next year. 

2 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Inb4 OnePlus or Samsung comes out with a phone rocking 2 headphone jacks.

OnePlus is following the Apple trends though.

oneplus-6-front.jpg

4 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

and how its more powerful than a pc (bullshit)

Well for starting at $329 the iPad might be more powerful than a comparable Laptop. Could be wrong but doesn’t seem far fetched. 

6 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

The #Arfoirelyfe would be 10,000,000x better.

Anyone want the #QiLyfe?

12 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

I really hope people realize that this is happening and will stop complaining. The headphone jack is dying, accept it. 

Just because some companies are getting rid of headphone jacks on their phones doesn't mean that they are dying. I mean there is a lot of people that still want a headphone jack on their phone so in all likelihood they are here to stay and the companies that keep them on their phones will get these people as customers.

1 minute ago, DrMacintosh said:

Well for starting at $329 the iPad might be more powerful than a comparable Laptop. Could be wrong but doesn’t seem far fetched. 

They claimed it was faster than a macbook. 

3 minutes ago, Koto said:

OnePlus is following the Apple trends though.

oneplus-6-front.jpg

OnePlus will follow wherever Oppo goes

5 minutes ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

Anyone want the #QiLyfe?

No. I want the #UzumeLyfe

6 minutes ago, Koto said:

OnePlus is following the Apple trends though

Meh.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

8 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

They claimed it was faster than a macbook. 

A MacBook is passively cooled and has Core-M CPUs......

"Hi"

"Hi. What brings you here?"

"I'd like to buy a pair of Sennheiser PXC 550s"

"Wait, didn't you buy a pair of WH-1000XM2s a while ago?"

"Yeah, but I want to expand my wireless collection since every Tom, Dick and Harry is killing the jack"

"Well, true but, aren't those 1000XM2s one of the best wireless NC cans out there?"

"Yeah, but I want more"

"Well, okay, but you're bleeding your wallet"

"Eh, I'll be coming back to get those QC35s"

"..........wat"