Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Always add the last bit of oil in low increments so that you do not overfill. And I hope that it will get sorted out for you.

Well.. I'm not the tallest and I have to reach pretty far over to fill it.. Kinda got more than I wanted too. I noticed the gauge on my dash was showing higher pressure even when the engine was stone cold.

Well.. I'm not the tallest and I have to reach pretty far over to fill it.. Kinda got more than I wanted too. I noticed the gauge on my dash was showing higher pressure even when the engine was stone cold.

You just don't have a dipstick or something? :c

Actually, I don't even know what kind of a car you drive...

You just don't have a dipstick or something? :c

Actually, I don't even know what kind of a car you drive...

I do, but I don't exactly have anything to siphon oil out of the hole..

I drive a 2011 F-150 EcoBoost.

I do, but I don't exactly have anything to siphon oil out of the hole..

I drive a 2011 F-150 EcoBoost.

I meant, to check when you were filling her up :D

Edit: And lulz, "Eco" xD

I meant, to check when you were filling her up :D

Oh. I did before I started adding oil, it was below where it should be. And then I slowly tried pouring more in bits at a time and well... oops.

I kinda want these.. but I kinda don't..

http://www.americanmuscle.com/raxiom-icon-taillights-sequential.html

Damn, why are they almost 500 bucks?

I kind of want to change my headlights sometime later. Because seeing better is a great thing.

i'm planning an hid conversion for my ms6. oh wait, i forgot it already has it. maybe led taillights.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I kind of want to change my headlights sometime later. Because seeing better is a great thing.

I can't find the pic of the Mustang headlights that are almost nonexistent..

Damn, why are they almost 500 bucks?

LED lights with regular bulb lights with a wiring harness to have sequential lighting.

That's my guess. The price hurts. xD

I can't find the pic of the Mustang headlights that are almost nonexistent..

LED lights with regular bulb lights with a wiring harness to have sequential lighting.

That's my guess. The price hurts. xD

Oh. Sequential. That explains it. I think the Mustang is the only car to have sequential lights, right?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Oh. Sequential. That explains it. I think the Mustang is the only car to have sequential lights, right?

I have no idea. I'd be surprised if it was because sequential lights are pretty fucking cool.

--

Sequential kit from Raxiom is like $170 too by itself.

I have no idea. I'd be surprised if it was because sequential lights are pretty fucking cool.

--

Sequential kit from Raxiom is like $170 too by itself.

if they made a sequential kit for the ms6 i'd be pretty fucking stoked, but then again, i don't see why i need it.

if they made a sequential kit for the ms6 i'd be pretty fucking stoked, but then again, i don't see why i need it.

Makes turn signals look good? I know it's possible to wire one together yourself but it'd be a bit of a pain.

Makes turn signals look good? I know it's possible to wire one together yourself but it'd be a bit of a pain.

but the ms6 has only one turn signal light, not 3 seperate lights in sequential like the mustang. it just seems pointless. its like few cars can pull it off, i hate to say this, but i think the muscle cars (challenger, mustang, camaro, charger) can pull sequential lights off better than the imports.

but the ms6 has only one turn signal light, not 3 seperate lights in sequential like the mustang. it just seems pointless. its like few cars can pull it off, i hate to say this, but i think the muscle cars (challenger, mustang, camaro, charger) can pull sequential lights off better than the imports.

Mustang, obviously yeah. It was designed for it pretty much. Camaro.. nah. Challenger it would look odd because it's really just one big light and it would have to be a Knight Rider smooth thing which would look odd.

Alright, so instead of looking at lights I need to look at replacement springs for my car. What do you guys think, just go for normal OEM ones?

Rear springs for an E46, for those wondering. And I will probably replace them myself :)

Alright, so instead of looking at lights I need to look at replacement springs for my car. What do you guys think, just go for normal OEM ones?

Rear springs for an E46, for those wondering. And I will probably replace them myself :)

I'd get OEM just 'cause it's OEM and should work great. Won't be a racing type of spring but if you don't intend to do racing what's the point of em? :P

Mustang, obviously yeah. It was designed for it pretty much. Camaro.. nah. Challenger it would look odd because it's really just one big light and it would have to be a Knight Rider smooth thing which would look odd.

But imports can't pull it off at all. Skylines: they're round lights, of course not. :P Supra: it's just simply 4 bulbs, 2 brake, 1 reverse, and 1 turn signal in each housing. Fairlady Z:not the right kind of tailight shape to support it. Really the import that could try to pull it off is a Silvia S13, the boxy one without the flip up headlights.

But imports can't pull it off at all. Skylines: they're round lights, of course not. :P Supra: it's just simply 4 bulbs, 2 brake, 1 reverse, and 1 turn signal in each housing. Fairlady Z:not the right kind of tailight shape to support it. Really the import that could try to pull it off is a Silvia S13, the boxy one without the flip up headlights.

Yeah, it really comes down to design. Guess Ford did the idea right with this.

maybe some tein street lowering springs? don't worry, it won't lower the car that much, maybe an inch or two

Yeah, it really comes down to design. Guess Ford did the idea right with this.

I'm pretty sure Ford is the only company out there who can use sequential tail lights and pull it off. I'd like to see what other brands could try to pull it off, and i'd just laugh at their failed attempts :lol:

I'm pretty sure Ford is the only company out there who can use sequential tail lights and pull it off. I'd like to see what other brands could try to pull it off, and i'd just laugh at their failed attempts :lol:

I honestly can't think of another vehicle that could pull it off.

I honestly can't think of another vehicle that could pull it off.

Maybe original Charger?

maybe some tein street lowering springs? don't worry, it won't lower the car that much, maybe an inch or two

I'd get OEM just 'cause it's OEM and should work great. Won't be a racing type of spring but if you don't intend to do racing what's the point of em? :P

I'll probably just stick to OEM. But will look around what's out there, as well. And changing both of them should only take about an hour, which is nice :)