Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

HRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGHHHHHHHHHHHH

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Sometimes you see really nice cars.

QYotuJm.jpg

I live in a town full of redneck Canadians.. Muscle Cars everywhere.. Drag races in August.. No other style of racing.. xD I would have to drive 4 hours to go to the nearest decent track

EIbaW6H.png

mmmmmmmmm

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

But its a ford..

so?

so?

It is a ford thats what it is. If it was a 55 f100 with a flathead id be all over it.

But its a ford..

you can't say it isn't a pretty truck lol...

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

you can't say it isn't a pretty truck lol...

I can and i will.

EHREREHREERERHERERERHEHREHR i'm having a bodygasm. that's just so damn powerful and crazy. 800hp and 1000 lb ft. but then again, when isn't brabus crazy? too bad fucking america won't even sell the regular e63 wagon, just the sedan

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Can it actually be possible to do donuts in a Mercedes E63 S with the 4MATIC system? i wanna know because it says that it does split the power, but it's biased towards the rear. can i still do a donut in one?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

If you weigh down a corner I'm sure you can.

---

I should be a jackass and only buy the aerosol cans of paint..

Can it actually be possible to do donuts in a Mercedes E63 S with the 4MATIC system? i wanna know because it says that it does split the power, but it's biased towards the rear. can i still do a donut in one?

No burnouts :c

Or, you could put those skinny spare tyres all around and go about it that way?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPh90yNX-mY

If you weigh down a corner I'm sure you can.

---

I should be a jackass and only buy the aerosol cans of paint..

There havent been CFCs in aerosol paint in years. It is just compressed CO2 now. No biggy. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

No burnouts :c

Or, you could put those skinny spare tyres all around and go about it that way?

Oh. :( Stupid 4matic. is there a way to order an E63 without the 4matic system, just pure RWD? i assume 2015 was the first year the E63 came with 4MATIC because i found this 2014 E63 and it doesn't mention 4MATIC so i assume it's pure RWD http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/5089056334.html

There havent been CFCs in aerosol paint in years. It is just compressed CO2 now. No biggy. 

I know, but it also means I don't need to spend money on a gun, air hose, compressor, reservoir, etc. I can just sand and clean the surface and paint away.

I know, but it also means I don't need to spend money on a gun, air hose, compressor, reservoir, etc. I can just sand and clean the surface and paint away.

It depends on what you are doing. Some spray paint is not hugely consistent in color from one can to another, plus a good gun offers a ton of adjustability for your project.

Either way can be made to look good. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

It depends on what you are doing. Some spray paint is not hugely consistent in color from one can to another, plus a good gun offers a ton of adjustability for your project.

Either way can be made to look good. 

I know. I've spent a while looking around for consistent sprays and I think I've found one from what I've seen of the work people have posted. I could buy a gallon can, it'd be consistent but I'd have to buy a gun and the rest that goes with it. If the spray cans are consistent enough then I'm okay with it. I've also used spray paints a loooooot so I do know how to do a pretty good job at painting with them.

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/ is the place I'm currently looking at because they offer a ton of colors

I know. I've spent a while looking around for consistent sprays and I think I've found one from what I've seen of the work people have posted. I could buy a gallon can, it'd be consistent but I'd have to buy a gun and the rest that goes with it. If the spray cans are consistent enough then I'm okay with it. I've also used spray paints a loooooot so I do know how to do a pretty good job at painting with them.

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/ is the place I'm currently looking at because they offer a ton of colors

I've used both. I find that it is far more often that I just use a spray can if the project isnt huge. It is just easier to throw the can away than to clean the gun. 

I've used both. I find that it is far more often that I just use a spray can if the project isnt huge. It is just easier to throw the can away than to clean the gun. 

See I don't know what the cost of parts is right now.. and I'll need tools, and this is cheaper than getting a gallon can and spray gun. Plus I'm lazy with how much I'm going to be painting..

Engine clicking.. why is the engine clicking..??

I'm sorry, but this is what came up first on Google.

ENGINE CLICKING NOISES

A clicking or tapping noise that gets louder when you rev the engine is probably "tappet" or upper valvetrain noise caused by one of several things: low oil pressure, excessive valve lash, or worn or damaged parts.

First, check the engine dipstick to see if the oil level is low. If low, add oil to bring it back up to the full mark. Is the engine still noisy? Check your oil pressure. A low gauge reading (or oil warning light) would indicate a serious internal engine problem that is preventing normal oil pressure from reaching the upper valvetrain components. The cause might be a worn or damaged oil pump, a clogged oil pump pickup screen or a plugged up oil filter. Using too thick a viscosity of motor oil during cold weather can also slow down the flow of oil to the upper valvetrain, causing noise and wear.

I'm sorry, but this is what came up first on Google.

Yeah I was looking through Google on this. Oil pressure is slightly higher than it's supposed to be. I know I had to add some more oil because when I originally tried to change it I was a little low.. GreenPeace hates me because of that, but I added a wee bit too much in just now. :D Going to wait until it's night time and drain a bit of oil out when it's not 38C outside.

Yeah I was looking through Google on this. Oil pressure is slightly higher than it's supposed to be. I know I had to add some more oil because when I originally tried to change it I was a little low.. GreenPeace hates me because of that, but I added a wee bit too much in just now. :D Going to wait until it's night time and drain a bit of oil out when it's not 38C outside.

Always add the last bit of oil in low increments so that you do not overfill. And I hope that it will get sorted out for you.