Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

2004 CTS-V

What was it?

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

Relationship goals:

Icsd9Ds.jpg

I don't know if that's a good relationship goal... she looks pretty damn pissed :D

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

2004 CTS-V

Ah man I want one of those. How hard is it to find in Manuel transmission

In other newspost-35428-14350096135914_thumb.png yesssss

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB 

for the 2004, I don't know. It was still in their transition years and they didn't have a manual transmission for those

Ah man I want one of those. How hard is it to find in Manuel transmission

In other newsattachicon.gifScreenshot_2015-06-23-00-43-55.png yesssss

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

Really, my dream would be to swap an RB26DETT into a '69 Mustang.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Why can't you put a 4 cylinder Hayabusa engine in it?

Because you can't put a busa inside something without having an extended swingarm/rear :lol:

Seriously though, you can get a busa motor relatively cheap or if you want cheaper go for a zzr1400 /1100 motor because they are cheap as chips but one of the fastest motors of its time.

Alternatively though you would want a nice 2 stroke motor, something like the rotax range would be good as they are made for it

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

fast and furious tokyo drift much? :D

i was thinking of getting a 1st car .... then i figured out that i could get a rwd car for the summer and turn it into a drift car .... cause the cars i want for 1st car are like 2x or more as much as like a quite okay-ish state BMW E36 320

any opinions on that?

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Nah, its been done before - although not with the RB.

http://jalopnik.com/tokyo-drift-is-real-check-out-this-1968-mustang-with-a-1696172930

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

i was thinking of getting a 1st car .... then i figured out that i could get a rwd car for the summer and turn it into a drift car .... cause the cars i want for 1st car are like 2x or more as much as like a quite okay-ish state BMW E36 320

any opinions on that?

Yeh, inspired by Tokyo Drift. But it seems so fun to do. Mixing retro American style with modern Japanese power. Seems pretty sweet.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

so today I changed the brakes and rode in a friend's Can-Am Commander UTV. (1L model)

Quite fun. Enjoyed it more than I did on a quad-bike any day of the week. Not really a car, but I dont want to start a UTV thread lol. (plus i mean, it basically drives like a wobbly car thats made for off-roading, it has pedals, a steering wheel, its mid-engined, two seats with seatbelts, etc)

0-30 in that thing is quick. After that its a bit slow. I hate how its a CVT, it drives me insane. Something like that deserves to be a manual imo. But what amazed me is how fast you can go in that thing in a field without much effort. The dude's backyard was maybe 2 acres and we could hit 50 mph before we got the other side and had to stop lol. Even through turns and huge bumps it takes with ease. Really surprising as the only thing I have ever driven off-road was a quad bike (which I hate, it wore me out so quick if I was trying to go quick)

makes me wonder how fun an ariel nomad is lol

i actually recorded some terrible video (in 60 fps, but i was holding my phone). We werent doing much though, might make a better video another time with a fisheye lens or something. but if anyone wants to see it (which u dont) just let me know

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

so here's a question:

if i get an MS6 grand touring, with the advanced key, can i just leave my keys in the car and lock the car with the request switch, or does it still have to be in my pocket? i'm wondering because i think it's just safer (maybe?) to leave them in there, and plus, in case i lock myself out 50 miles from home, i can just press the switch.

You're gonna be pissing off both JDM fans and Muscle Car fans with one car! Awesome!

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

@techswede

I'm starting to realise your pain. I have a boring Volkswagen, and I want to do something about it :P

I'm fine with a boring car, but only having a boring car isn't all that fun.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

9786_913591012033087_4350578952086302084

anyone seen this leaked pic of the alfa.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

any opinions on that?

If you are not comfortable welding i'd suggest looking at the prices and availability of locking differentials for various cars. That is if you want to drift consistently and you want the car to be predictable. Not sure what kind of power the 320 is making but it might be doable.

@techswede

I'm starting to realise your pain. I have a boring Volkswagen, and I want to do something about it :P

I'm fine with a boring car, but only having a boring car isn't all that fun.

I know right

Today i was passed by a GMC Syclone that had some exterior body work done. But that isn't what impressed me.

When it passed me the sound of it building boost actually hurt my ears  :blink:

I spent the rest of the ride home sad over the fact that i don't have a car like that..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I know right

Today i was passed by a GMC Syclone that had some exterior body work done. But that isn't what impressed me.

When it passed me the sound of it building boost actually hurt my ears  :blink:

I spent the rest of the ride home sad over the fact that i don't have a car like that..

How did they manage that. I guess it's cool until your ears start bleeding.

Every time I open my bonnet, I get kind of sad.

There's loads of room for all kinds of nice stuff. But the engine is a weak one.

And I guess never build what you can by kind of applies to my car.

Maybe I just need to buy an old Volvo or something to beat on with a hammer and learn stuff.

How did they manage that. I guess it's cool until your ears start bleeding.

Every time I open my bonnet, I get kind of sad.

There's loads of room for all kinds of nice stuff. But the engine is a weak one.

And I guess never build what you can by kind of applies to my car.

It was a kind of shrill whistle as it built boost. My right ear enjoyed it a lot. My left did not

Every time i open my bonnet i see 1.6l of "Good enough".. There really isn't much point in tuning a 1.6..

I guess we'll both have to hold out until we can get some awesome cars. 

Unrelated

This is and always will be my favourite car related meme

11401137_406597432878117_910417626486742

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

It was a kind of shrill whistle as it built boost. My right ear enjoyed it a lot. My left did not

Every time i open my bonnet i see 1.6l of "Good enough".. There really isn't much point in tuning a 1.6..

I guess we'll both have to hold out until we can get some awesome cars. 

Unrelated

This is and always will be my favourite car related meme

I just hope the wait wont be too long.

I just hope the wait wont be too long.

I'll probably be able to get something vaguely cool within 3 years

Something like a fiat 124, Volvo 740 Tic or maybe even a skyline Gts

After 5-6 years i might be able to get something really cool

Like maybe a 71 camaro or possibly even starting project Jagdpanzer up again

I'll probably be able to get something vaguely cool within 3 years

Something like a fiat 124, Volvo 740 Tic or maybe even a skyline Gts

After 5-6 years i might be able to get something really cool

Like maybe a 71 camaro or possibly even starting project Jagdpanzer up again

I don't have enough skills to really fabricate anything of my own.

But I'd be happy with a fucking tractor if it allowed me to learn and modify stuff.