Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Heated floors would actually be a good thing during winter^^ 

As a kid, during winters, I used to take off my shoes and stick my feet in the little air channels that are under the front seats.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

As a kid, during winters, I used to take off my shoes and stick my feet in the little air channels that are under the front seats.

I did that too^^ 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

yo guys, I'm searching for my first car. I have a budget of 7000€ (eur, not usd!) and I want something sporty. Not something insane like a m3, I want something relatively new with not a lot of mileage so something like the renault clio rs. Any other alternatives?

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

yo guys, I'm searching for my first car. I have a budget of 7000€ (eur, not usd!) and I want something sporty. Not something insane like a m3, I want something relatively new with not a lot of mileage so something like the renault clio rs. Any other alternatives?

Honda Prelude.

In all seriousness the Renault sounds like a good option

I don't know what cars you have there that we don't have in the US and vice versa

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Honda Prelude.

In all seriousness the Renault sounds like a good option

I don't know what cars you have there that we don't have in the US and vice versa

Some popular options are the renault I mentioned and the fiesta st. Others are vw golf gti and such, but those are waaaay to expensive

Some popular options are the renault I mentioned and the fiesta st. Others are vw golf gti and such, but those are waaaay to expensive

If the Fiesta ST is an option. Get it. Such a nice car.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

If the Fiesta ST is an option. Get it. Such a nice car.

Nope, too expensive unless it has a lot of mileage. I'm aiming at something thats 3 years old and has 50-65k km on it with 8k€ and with this criteria I will most likely settle on a normal clio. I need something as new as possible, I can't afford repairs and high insurance costs

30-40*C is what i'd enjoy on a vacation. Year round would probably drive me nuts

You could ask the guy that posted his a few pages ago. That thing looks stunning.

230k is what i'd pay for a farm near here...

The new viper has A/C and it's pretty good .

The only thing is they made the A/C stop for a bit when you floor the car .

Nope, too expensive unless it has a lot of mileage. I'm aiming at something thats 3 years old and has 50-65k km on it with 8k€ and with this criteria I will most likely settle on a normal clio. I need something as new as possible, I can't afford repairs and high insurance costs

mazda 3/6 mps? great cars for the money

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Weird that they do that in a car that you probably wouldn't notice too much of a difference between A/C on or off.

In my Corolla the A/C button should be labeled "Turbo". You Press it and find new speeds xD (still not fast, but noticeably faster than when the A/C was on lol)

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Weird that they do that in a car that you probably wouldn't notice too much of a difference between A/C on or off.

In my Corolla the A/C button should be labeled "Turbo". You Press it and find new speeds xD (still not fast, but noticeably faster than when the A/C was on lol)

Probably just to extract as much power full throttle

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I can't imagine the A/C liking a track day xD

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

G0rMcxr.jpg

haha if it were my car, i'd be both happy and upset. this just makes me laugh so hard.

haha if it were my car, i'd be both happy and upset. this just makes me laugh so hard.

That's probably what a lot of parents would think.

System: Thinkpad T460

I'd dropkick the little hellspawn clear across the lawn

I'd dropkick the little hellspawn clear across the lawn

haha ok that's a bit harsh there. for father's day, she probably tried to be a bit creative.

So, which is better for snow driving, rwd or fwd? assuming i don't have 4wd at all.

So, which is better for snow driving, rwd or fwd? assuming i don't have 4wd at all.

Rwd. Drove through 5 winters with rear wheel drive cars. + The ability to kick out the rear if the front starts to slip is a really nice thing to have

Rwd. Drove through 5 winters with rear wheel drive cars. + The ability to kick out the rear if the front starts to slip is a really nice thing to have

So i guess if i want a car for snow driving but i can't afford a 4wd car, rwd is my best bet? explain why not fwd? cause all three of my cars are fwd.

So i guess if i want a car for snow driving but i can't afford a 4wd car, rwd is my best bet? explain why not fwd? cause all three of my cars are fwd.

Gave up on the MS6 huh? :P

System: Thinkpad T460

Gave up on the MS6 huh? :P

It depends. If i can't find an MS6 for cheap, i'll go with an RWD 03 BMW 540i. Though it would be great to have a turbo car in winter since it won't have to gasp for air in the mountains

Generally FWD is better, as you have the weight over the driven wheels. But good in snow it is far more down to the tyres, than which end is driven.

A modern fwd car is not bad in the snow. And for many drivers they are safer. But i prefer that extra lifeline of being able to steer with the throttle if the front tires slip.

You have to be good at feeling what the car is doing if you drive a rwd car in snow. 

Good snow/Year round tires are a must though. No matter what you drive