Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

There are some GT's out there but they have racked up on miles like you'd expect from a Subie. Yea the 2.5i's are much more available but aren't that sought out. The turbo DOHC 255 is what makes the GT special and desireable as a wrx in classier clothing. I wouldn't see much of a point in an H6. And being a Subje a lot of parts are interchangeable. Plus manual wagons are rare cus I think they stopped making them. I'm not really into the newer Impreza's :P so I haven't looked into them much.

An example of a pretty good one:

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/5038524160.html

(Probably been sold or something is wrong with it so it's not selling)

Still impossible to see how it has been treated.

And spec B's are just out of the question hahaa

Haha yeah. On top of that, the ones I've found always tended to be ~200km from where I live (apparently the French speaking part of Canada loves Subarus, and they hoard Legacys and WRXs like no tomorrow). I'm more interested in the later 08-09 cars with the slightly newer gauges (woooo white guages!) and updated SI-Drive. Manuals would be ideal, but I can live with the slightly clunky 5EAT gearbox if it means I get that mature styling and wagon practicality.

Spec-Bs are up there in pricing, which is surprising given that it's really just some suspension bits. Of the 500 for the '07, all the Canadian ones are closely watched compared to the ones afterwards, when Spec-B just became a trim level.

This is what I deal with, lol.

5e9bef74-c91b-470e-9518-53def869b4e5.jpg

http://wwwb.autotrader.ca/a/Subaru/Legacy/Minden/Ontario/5_24178335_20130805144531942/?showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=1_15_12

The fact that I could only find 2.5i Tourings was what ultimately drove me to start looking at the Rex (looked at the Outback for a while, since it was just a lifted Legacy at the time).

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Haha yeah. On top of that, the ones I've found always tended to be ~200km from where I live (apparently the French speaking part of Canada loves Subarus, and they hoard Legacys and WRXs like no tomorrow). I'm more interested in the later 08-09 cars with the slightly newer gauges (woooo white guages!) and updated SI-Drive. Manuals would be ideal, but I can live with the slightly clunky 5EAT gearbox if it means I get that mature styling and wagon practicality.

Spec-Bs are up there in pricing, which is surprising given that it's really just some suspension bits. Of the 500 for the '07, all the Canadian ones are closely watched compared to the ones afterwards, when Spec-B just became a trim level.

This is what I deal with, lol.

http://wwwb.autotrader.ca/a/Subaru/Legacy/Minden/Ontario/5_24178335_20130805144531942/?showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=1_15_12

The fact that I could only find 2.5i Tourings was what ultimately drove me to start looking at the Rex (looked at the Outback for a while, since it was just a lifted Legacy at the time).

I like the pre-2008 pre-facelfit.

Spec B's are just ultra rare and that alone raises the prices. And they never came as wagons...

I wouldn't mind an older Legacy if they all didn't have over 200k on them. I've looked into Forester XT's but they are even rarer.

System: Thinkpad T460

I'm still hoping to buy one, but for now my search has settled on a slightly newer GR hatch (a basic 2.5i leggy fetches ~10K and a decent GR rex ~17K) . Issue up here being finding one that is in decent condition and decently equipped is quite challenge as they rarely come up. I wouldn't mind settling for the H6 for its smoothness but it is severely limited in the aftermarket. That only leaves the 2.5GT, which like any other fun Subaru, is most likely going to be thrashed and need work at some point in your ownership.

Oh well, here's to hoping I find my baby.

Worse comes to worse, I wouldn't mind the H6. Dat glass roof hnnnngh.

do they have opels or the scion im or auris i would recommend those.

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB 

If it ever dries off enough (missed out on tx2k15...) I'll post some updated photos of all my crap, currently pulling off one turbo for a 101mm turbonetics turbo with a 60mm piggybacked to help compound spool the 1200hp lightning...we'll see how this goes

http://s565.photobucket.com/user/svtfreak/media/IMG_0703.mp4.html

If it ever dries off enough (missed out on tx2k15...) I'll post some updated photos of all my crap, currently pulling off one turbo for a 101mm turbonetics turbo with a 60mm piggybacked to help compound spool the 1200hp lightning...we'll see how this goes

God you can put stupid amounts of power in a Lightning.

Oh man, I'm such a fuck up sometimes.

I had some of the alternate brand plasti-dip left so I decided to touch up a little plastic trim piece.

I took the piece of and scrubbed the factory scratchy coating off. Then I washed the piece and applied the rubber spray.

When it's dry to the touch I put it back in. I decide to clean the dust off of my radio. Voilà, my hand slips and I make a nice gash in the fresh plasti-dip with my microfibre cloth.

Sometimes I hate myself.

TL;DR I fucked up a fresh coat of plasti-dip. 

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

I had some of the alternate brand plasti-dip left so I decided to touch up a little plastic trim piece.

I took the piece of and scrubbed the factory scratchy coating off. Then I washed the piece and applied the rubber spray.

When it's dry to the touch I put it back in. I decide to clean the dust off of my radio. Voilà, my hand slips and I make a nice gash in the fresh plasti-dip with my microfibre cloth.

Sometimes I hate myself.

Could be worse. I spent the weekend painting a motorcycle wheel, twice. :(

I am swapping the rear wheel on my SV from a 160 to a 180 for the better tire selection, so I bought a GSXR forged wheel and had to paint it silver to match my bike. The first time I decided I could short cut it and hung it in such a way that I couldn't spin the wheel, when I painted it a lot of the metal flake settled on the bottom and was noticeably different from that top. So yesterday morning I sanded it all down again and started over. Painting sucks sometimes.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Could be worse. I spent the weekend painting a motorcycle wheel, twice. :(

I am swapping the rear wheel on my SV from a 160 to a 180 for the better tire selection, so I bought a GSXR forged wheel and had to paint it silver to match my bike. The first time I decided I could short cut it and hung it in such a way that I couldn't spin the wheel, when I painted it a lot of the metal flake settled on the bottom and was noticeably different from that top. So yesterday morning I sanded it all down again and started over. Painting sucks sometimes.

Out of all the things I usually do myself, painting is the one I dread the most.

Luckily plasti-dip is merciful to us who fuck up a lot.

Out of all the things I usually do myself, painting is the one I dread the most.

Luckily plasti-dip is merciful to us who fuck up a lot.

I agree. I dont really sweat mechanical things, but painting always seems to bite me in the ass.

I have never used Plasti-dip before though.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I agree. I dont really sweat mechanical things, but painting always seems to bite me in the ass.

This was my first can. It's really easy to take off. But overspray protection is really important too, because the little overspray droplets are a bitch to get off.

Sometimes I hate myself.

One time, i was trying to apply tire shine onto one of our cars, but my boobish brother shoved my arm while i was applying and managed to get some on the brake rotor. Since it's basically just oil based, it was a disaster.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Gotta sand it down and spray it again. It'd more repetitive and annoying than anything.

System: Thinkpad T460

Goodwood Festival of Speed this weekend!

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

When i finally get enough income i'll get one of these

Chevrolet_Camaro_1971.jpg

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I really want a Ford Lightning. Like Paul Walker drove around in the first Fast and the Furious movie. 

Fun Fact: The truck he drove in the movie was his own truck IRL

Just such a nice truck:

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

So, I finally got cleared and they finally decided I don't have epilepsy.  So, now I can start driving though working on the license.  Anyways, for my 24th birthday/10 months ago my sister bought me a first car since I was in the process of getting cleared.  She got me a black chevy cavalier z24 convertible.  She had to do work on it though like put in a new engine. This photo is a snip off the card she made with it on the card, so a bad photo.

attachicon.gifz24.JPG

Not bad, as long as it hasn't been abused. i mean, it's an ok starter car.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

So, I finally got cleared and they finally decided I don't have epilepsy.  So, now I can start driving though working on the license.  Anyways, for my 24th birthday/10 months ago my sister bought me a first car since I was in the process of getting cleared.  She got me a black chevy cavalier z24 convertible.  She had to do work on it though like put in a new engine. This photo is a snip off the card she made with it on the card, so a bad photo.

attachicon.gifz24.JPG

Not too bad. As long as it's been treated well. Not an awful first car

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Not too bad. As long as it's been treated well. Not an awful first car

I mean, it's loads better than the sedan.

I mean, it's loads better than the sedan.

Very true

Ya, I don't think it has.  Plus, she and all of her friends are mechanics.  Our friend Joe also is one of the best in the state/manages a garage.

As long as there's a trusted mechanic nearby, you should be fine. ;)

I found some Audi TT rims for sale.

I think they'd look pretty nice on a Bora.

190e is the price. I have no idea if that indicates something bad though. Never shopped for rims. Might be stolen for all I know.

I found some Audi TT rims for sale.

I think they'd look pretty nice on a Bora.

190e is the price. I have no idea if that indicates something bad though. Never shopped for rims. Might be stolen for all I know.

Took me a while to realize that you meant 190 euros  :lol:

Depends on what kind of rims they are. You can get a servicable set for around 50-100e but the nicer they get the more expensive they get.

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Took me a while to realize that you meant 190 euros  :lol:

Depends on what kind of rims they are. You can get a servicable set for around 50-100e but the nicer they get the more expensive they get.

Not talking about the merc :P

http://www.nettivaraosa.com/en/vanteet/2072660

It's these. The rims are fairly old. So maybe the 190 isn't a bad thing. The pictures don't really have enough quality to determine the condition.

Not talking about the merc :P

http://www.nettivaraosa.com/en/vanteet/2072660

It's these. The rims are fairly old. So maybe the 190 isn't a bad thing. The pictures don't really have enough quality to determine the condition.

Looks pretty reasonable to me^^ 

If people paid me in 190s i'd be a very happy man

Until i starved to death

Looks pretty reasonable to me^^ 

If people paid me in 190s i'd be a very happy man

Until i starved to death

Maybe you could eat the leather. If they have any.

I'm not that much into appearance mods, but I really like the the look of thick spoke wheels on the Bora. And the stock hubcaps aren't very sexy.