Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

i just want to see someone try and drive with those on their car xD

I wonder how many miles it'd make before the bolts undo.

You know someone on instagram is posting pics of their car with those fake camber spacers on it lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I wonder how many miles it'd make before the bolts undo.

i would imagine it would resemble this but much more violent :P

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

i would imagine it would resemble this but much more violent :P

I seriously busted out laughing at that..

Two years ago (yeah, because its the 24th already in Europe)...

"Giorgi Tevzadze...died in a car crash. He was in the passenger seat at the time of the accident, and his friend was driving the car. Sadly, Giorgi Tevzadze died when the car lost control, hit a tree with the right side."

http://www.carscoops.com/2013/06/georgian-bmw-m5-driver-giorgi-tevzadze.html?m=1

Untitled-11.jpg

@techswede won't borrow his car/s to his friends now :P

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Two years ago (yeah, because its the 24th already in Europe)...

This guy probably put so many people in danger on he roads.

Not ironic at all that he died in a crash even if it wasn't him.

System: Thinkpad T460

Seriously, craiglist went from having no MS6s for sale to suddenly having 8-9 for sale.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Has anybody heard of Panoz? I've heard of them, but i thought they like disappeared off the face of the earth and was never heard of. Apparently, they want an arrow shaped car for LeMans. Oh, and it's electric. www.engadget.com/2015/06/23/panoz-deltawing-ev-for-le-mans/

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Has anybody heard of Panoz? I've heard of them, but i thought they like disappeared off the face of the earth and was never heard of. Apparently, they want an arrow shaped car for LeMans. Oh, and it's electric. www.engadget.com/2015/06/23/panoz-deltawing-ev-for-le-mans/

I forgot they even existed.. Haven't heard that name in a long time.

No doubt. I assumed they folded up shop.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

No doubt. I assumed they folded up shop.

Same. I always thought their knock-off Porsche was laughable.

I've heard sorta about them, but i haven't seen one in person. I thought they fell off the face of the earth. Weird they just now are in the media again.

I remember the Panoz Roadster from Midtown Madness, this old, late 90's racing game I played on pc when I was little.

System: Thinkpad T460

I've heard sorta about them, but i haven't seen one in person. I thought they fell off the face of the earth. Weird they just now are in the media again.

They'll probably end up disappearing again.

They'll probably end up disappearing again.

Who knows, maybe they'll be more well known after LeMans, if they do go through with their plans.

Who knows, maybe they'll be more well known after LeMans, if they do go through with their plans.

*shrug*

I don't see them doing well and staying in any kind of spotlight.

Same. I always thought their knock-off Porsche was laughable.

Yep, the Esperante was a really really expensive Mustang, just uglier. I never really got it.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Yep, the Esperante was a really really expensive Mustang, just uglier. I never really got it.

"I have money! I have wacky car ideas! This'll make me lots of more money because people like wacky cars!"

"I have money! I have wacky car ideas! This'll make me lots of more money because people like wacky cars!"

Pretty much the jist of it. Lol.

But that is how we got Pagani as well, so I wont mock the plan, only the execution. 

Pretty much the jist of it. Lol.

But that is how we got Pagani as well, so I wont mock the plan, only the execution. 

Pagani isn't cheap quality though. Though their interiors are ugly imo. Great designs and materials, would not like to sit in one and use it though.

Whats everyones thoughts on this? Basicly being able to see through a semi.

http://www.gizmag.com/samsung-safety-truck-cameras-screens/38122/

Seems great to me.

Still won't help Russian drivers, they'll still pass a car that is passing a truck on a 2 lane road with oncoming traffic...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

Pagani isn't cheap quality though. Though their interiors are ugly imo. Great designs and materials, would not like to sit in one and use it though.

Cars of that caliber are more art than car. Half of its real intent is to sit in the garage and make the owner smile. I like that. 

Cars of that caliber are more art than car. Half of its real intent is to sit in the garage and make the owner smile. I like that. 

Yeeeeaaaaaaaaaaah but if I'm going to spend a million dollars on a car you bet your ass I'm going to drive it. Even for an art piece I wouldn't spend that much and not "use" it.

Yeeeeaaaaaaaaaaah but if I'm going to spend a million dollars on a car you bet your ass I'm going to drive it. Even for an art piece I wouldn't spend that much and not "use" it.

I agree, I am just pointing out that cars of that caliber are often more than just a car, they are just as much art.

I agree, I am just pointing out that cars of that caliber are often more than just a car, they are just as much art.

I know.. but.. it needs to flow better.

big_thumb_b30b1f6779a01ab2f09d8708d21161