Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

I wish they actually turbocharged the HEMI engine.

Why is that?

Large displacement single turbo engines are usually pretty laggy, and twin turbos would substantially increase the cost.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Why is that?

Large displacement single turbo engines are usually pretty laggy, and twin turbos would substantially increase the cost.

See it make more power.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

See it make more power.

707 is not enough?

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

707 is not enough?

so many people are going to crash those Cherokee's...

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

707 is not enough?

It's a heavy car. 800 maybe?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

It's a heavy car. 800 maybe?

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

1304711419160856718.jpg

WOOOOOO. MAZDA LIVES ON TO RACE IN LMP2.

Yup, given IMSA's ruling for the 2017 season and Mazda's current results, the team have made the executive decision to drop the -D out of their two Lola B12/80 based prototypes in a desparate bid to remain relevant. While they will still run the diesels for the remainder of the season, 2016 will surely be a transition year to familiarize themselves with gasoline engines again, prior to a new car for the new IMSA/FIA/ACO ruleset change. The gas engines in question will be provided by AER (Advanced Engine Research), the firm that Mazda enlisted for their Rolex program from '07-12. Wait, they ran the RX8 for that program... does this mean AER has experience building (somewhat) reliable rotary race engines?? Probably not, but one can dream. The goal is to race at Le Mans, after all.

http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/bye-bye-diesel-mazdas-united-sportscar-prototype-is-1712644247

EDIT: derp, forgot Mazda also partnered with Dyson Racing back when ALMS was still a thing. The P2s in question were the B09/86s, fitted with the Mazda MZR-R 2.0L turbocharged I4, which was probably the work of AER (the MZR platform was later succeeded by what we now know as the SkyActiv line). Depending on which way the new P2 category turns to regarding engines, the program suddenly looks more feasible.

1304681676228967013.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Now we just need a hellcat version of the ypsilon

CHRYSLER-YPSILON_vehicle_50772_xl--14011

It's weird because the Fiat ownership is letting Dodge/SRT run wild. They can just use some more refined cars.

System: Thinkpad T460

It's weird because the Fiat ownership is letting Dodge/SRT run wild. They can just use some more refined cars.

I'd like to see a hellcat version of a 500 for the lols. :lol:

Actually, the Charger Hellcat got quite a bit of redesign help thanks to Fiat - you'd be surprised just how much is changed just for that platform alone.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Idiot Steals Car But Can't Drive Stick So He Calls A Cab

1304307760157811092.jpg

A man who mistakenly left his keys in his car first assumed it was a prank when he found it gone. It wasn’t a prank, it was actually stolen, but the result was way funnier than any prank would have been. That’s because the guy who stole it couldn’t drive stick, and then tried to call a cab. Oh boy.

Boy genius Alexander Katz was the 19-year old mastermind behind the crime, which he committed with a juvenile female passenger. Even better, the female passenger did know how to drive stick, but for some unfathomable reason thought it would be a better idea to try and teach Katz how to drive a manual right then, in a stolen car in broad daylight. Good thinking, passenger!

After getting frustrated at Katz’ probable many, many stalls and grinding gears, the wonder twins abandoned the car at a grocery store, and called a cab from a nearby convenience store. Police, already alerted to the pair of half-ass auto larcenists by the car’s owner, who saw them lurching around in his car, found the pair waiting for the taxi to arrive.

They then attempted to escape on foot, which I guess didn’t work out so hot, either, mostly because the cab company had all of Katz’ personal information.

There’s so many lessons to take away from this, I think we need a list:

• Try not to leave your keys in your car.

• If you’re going to steal a car, make sure you can drive it.

• Learning to drive a manual transmission is a fantastic idea! Just don’t start on the car you just stole.

• Juvenile female passengers, listen to me: you can do better. If you can drive stick, step up from that passenger seat! And if the guy you’re with can’t drive stick and looks, well, like that, hold out.

Idiot.

http://jalopnik.com/idiot-steals-car-but-cant-drive-stick-so-he-calls-a-cab-1712574567

..hah..

so gonna scratch the GLA45 AMG idea... turns out my dad doesnt like it.

He's getting older, doesnt care about performance as much anymore. So any ideas on a comfortable car, but doesnt look bad. He doesnt like buicks so PLEASE dont suggest that. From what its sounding like, he's probably going to end up with a Honda Accord lol

Cadillac ctsv

So Chrysler confirmed that a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT Hellcat is coming.

jeepgchellcat-1024x683.jpg

hellcat12a1.jpg

http://horsepowerkings.com/all-wheel-drive-jeep-grand-cherokee-srt-hellcat-is-coming/

Ooohhhh yea this is amazeballs

Why..

Ford is doing exciting things now chrysler is now its gms turn. Hell yea. This is what linus talos about when there is competition the consumers always win.

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB 

Ford is doing exciting things now chrysler is now its gms turn. Hell yea. This is what linus talos about when there is competition the consumers always win.

There is no point to supercharging a Jeep.

I was browsing used cars online and saw a particularly rusty BMW. Then I read in the description that the owner had just purchased and installed a brand new tuning rear bumper.

That solves all the problems doesn't it.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Bored out of my fducking mind. I'm at the top of a mountain with a slow Internet. Really shit pc. With nothing to do nowhere to go. Did I mention it's Ramadan so I'm fasting From dawn to dusk. It's fducking great how this is the worst way to spend time. God damn. If I didn't have my note 4. I would ha e already shot myself.

At leasst youre not fasting 22 hours per day T_T . welcome to finnland.

(⌐■_■) 

Found a bit of a funny pic of my old black 190s engine

HzOkdbr.jpg

The reason why i had the air box off is that i was wiring up a locking switch for the front cooling fan

ueryhgC.jpg

When i had glued the leather back in it looked pretty nice

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Had my first decent drifting experience yesterday... and you won't believe what car it was in haha

dodge-journey-27-sxt-flexfuel-8.jpg

Why it was easier to do fun drifts in this then my friend's G35 still baffles me.

"Rawr XD"

@Aniallation, what do you think of this, since you've owned a 2nd gen Odyssey before? http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/5065813252.html

2:50. That sound!

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

@Aniallation, what do you think of this, since you've owned a 2nd gen Odyssey before? http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/5065813252.html

daaammnn that color looks nice with stance, mine was slightly lowered but even then didn't look great as it was gold

I wouldn't say worth the $7500 though, especially if it has a decent number of miles on it cause trannies on those are notorious for poor quality

"Rawr XD"

daaammnn that color looks nice with stance, mine was slightly lowered but even then didn't look great as it was gold

I wouldn't say worth the $7500 though, especially if it has a decent number of miles on it cause trannies on those are notorious for poor quality

Seriously, i was thinking of buying it for the lols because it looked good.

how poor were those trannies?

Seriously, i was thinking of buying it for the lols because it looked good.

how poor were those trannies?

The original trannies start to go at ~80-100k miles maybe more maybe less depending how you drive it, but replacement or decently rebuilt ones usually last much longer. Sometimes you get lucky, I drove mine hard and even at 180k (kilometers) it was fine.

"Rawr XD"

dayum, this looks GOOOD for a 1997 540i. http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/5068294986.htmlIt looks super clean, looks like 2003.

dayum, this looks GOOOD for a 1997 540i. http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/5068294986.htmlIt looks super clean, looks like 2003.

that looks nice. Pre vanos is good too because there is much less of a chance for expensive problems. Millage is quite a bit high though.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz