Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Woah. The thread just passed 15K replies.

techswede did you ever expect this to happen?

I was expecting the thread to be dead after 10-20 pages xD

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Not enough car talk on this page.

Apperently the Koreans are doing a better job of making cars than the Japanese...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-06-17/korean-carmakers-lead-japan-fades-in-j-d-power-quality-study

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Apperently the Koreans are doing a better job of making cars than the Japanese...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-06-17/korean-carmakers-lead-japan-fades-in-j-d-power-quality-study

Huh, i thought Toyota would be at the top of the list. Well then again, cars in the 90s and 2000s by the Japanese were more reliable than they are now. Though i still have a feeling our 2010 Corolla can last at least 200-300K before it's time to replace it.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

My mom's 21-year-old Accord wagon would argue otherwise :P

Never been much into Korean cars personally.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I really never thought the Koreans could make a car as reliable as the Japanese.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Our 1997 Tercel was retired with 192k miles on it....

To be fair my mom ragged it and my sister drove it over a curb learning to drive.

2007 Corolla has around 140k and is well taken care of. I feel like it can run forever.

2015 Corolla is just getting to 1k :P

I'd never buy a Korean car... I still think of them as the crappy cars from the 90's.

System: Thinkpad T460

Our 1997 Tercel was retired with 192k miles on it....

To be fair my mom ragged it and my sister drove it over a curb learning to drive.

2007 Corolla has around 140k and is well taken care of. I feel like it can run forever.

2015 Corolla is just getting to 1k :P

I'd never buy a Korean car... I still think of them as the crappy cars from the 90's.

Our 2002 Protege has 250K and has survived 2 accidents, one which happened last week. Our 2001 MPV has 120K, not a lot for a 14 year old car, but it's driven mostly around town. Our 2010 Corolla recently hit 70K and it still feels new. 

I feel the same towards Korean cars, feel like they're still cheaply made.

I feel the same towards Korean cars, feel like they're still cheaply made.

Hyundai and Kia are already on par with Volkswagen, which Martin Winterkorn demonstrated clearly after inspecting the new (back then) i30, and they only have improved since then.

Especially the scene, when he gets to the interior is crucial. Translation: "Nothing rattles here. BMW cannot do that, we cannot do that, why can they do that?"

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Hyundai and Kia are already on par with Volkswagen, which Martin Winterkorn demonstrated clearly after inspecting the new (back then) i30, and they only have improved since then.

Especially the scene, when he gets to the interior is crucial. Translation: "Nothing rattles here. BMW cannot do that, we cannot do that, why can they do that?"

But it's probably Volkswagen is starting to take a bit of a tumble.

Volkswagen and BMW were never known for their reliability.

This is for brand new cars. Your 21 year old honda is not part of this equation.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Here certain generations of VWs are actually regarded as highly reliable and are often one of the highest mileage cars. But not nearly all of them though.

Same applies for some Japanese cars too. Some Toyotas are considered mechanically sound but rusted to unusable levels too fast.

Being such a lurker I'm surprised I'm not last on the replies list :P

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

But it's probably Volkswagen is starting to take a bit of a tumble.

Not really, sales are as strong as ever. 

Matter of fact is that both Hyundai and Kia have stepped up their game immensely over the past few years. 

A german motoring magazine does a 100.000km stress test with a lot of cars from various manufacturers and the first-gen i30 completely blew them away as it entered on 3rd place, well above all german competitors. I believe on a Volvo and a Lexus or Toyota were above the Hyundai. 

In these test they test the longevitiy and reliability and overall quality of the car, which is passed with flying colors and even setting up new records during in this test.

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Well, a rattling sound of the rack adjustment hasn't anything to do with reliability but rather quality, which you guys were referring to.

Koreans are leading because they are the new kid around the block. All of the other brands have been established for a long time and when a brand is established they start focusing on profit so qc is less important I guess. But it seems gm is the one company that is consistent

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB 

Don't know why I find this so funny:

Hahaha

LOL

add a year and u have my car XDD I swear 8th gens are the most boring corolla's ever made lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

LOL

add a year and u have my car XDD I swear 8th gens are the most boring corolla's ever made lol

Really, they have NO zest whatsoever. It just looks like a blob. Luckily my Corolla's got some taste, with a mild spoiler and 18 inch TRD rims.

LOL

Trust me the 9th gen. isn't any better. Atleast they made an XRS version which is pretty cool imo. Probably the last "lively" Rolla.

The 10th gen. XRS was watered down. 

Trust me the 9th gen. isn't any better. Atleast they made an XRS version which is pretty cool imo. Probably the last "lively" Rolla.

The 10th gen. XRS was watered down. 

What's wrong with the 10th gen XRS? I think it's totally fine.

umm it doesnt sound like this

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

It made more power and only came in manual so there weren't a lot sold with the automatic option.

I can't find where to buy a 6r80 transmission.. Am I just blind?

I can't find where to buy a 6r80 transmission.. Am I just blind?

eBay?