Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

It's the same with San Francisco, but you still see Ferrari/Lamborghini/Maserati after Ferrari/Lambo/Maserati.

I've been to both cities (SF many times) and they don't really relate much. 

The Traffic in NY is way more concentrated, the streets are narrower, and style of driving is even more hectic in NY.

System: Thinkpad T460

I've been to both cities (SF many times) and they don't really relate much. 

The Traffic in NY is way more concentrated, the streets are narrower, and style of driving is even more hectic in NY.

I feel like SF is the same. People change lanes at the last second, people run red lights a lot, and especially on Market Street, jaywalking. And plus, some streets are only a lane each direction. In an already traffic dense city, it just makes things worse.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Why? When I think if NYC, i think of high rise apartments, lots of money, super expensive cars, that stuff.

new york is nothing like that. To be honest, you are better off without a car in nyc. Its that bad. Its on a whole other level than sf.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

new york is nothing like that. To be honest, you are better off without a car in nyc. Its that bad. Its on a whole other level than sf.

worse than LA?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

worse than LA?

Way worse. Downtown LA is pretty bad but...

worse than LA?

yep, quite a bit worse.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I was under the impression that you almost needed a car to survive in LA.

But again LA is huge in a level I can't even imagine. Yet. I want to go to the US at least once in my life.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

My fave century of car eh ?

Well it has to be some where around the 1950 to the 1975 . that time line was the best year for car . looked so gorgeous.

(⌐■_■) 

Bored out of my fducking mind. I'm at the top of a mountain with a slow Internet. Really shit pc. With nothing to do nowhere to go. Did I mention it's Ramadan so I'm fasting From dawn to dusk. It's fducking great how this is the worst way to spend time. God damn. If I didn't have my note 4. I would ha e already shot myself.

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB 

Bored out of my fducking mind. I'm at the top of a mountain with a slow Internet. Really shit pc. With nothing to do nowhere to go. Did I mention it's Ramadan so I'm fasting From dawn to dusk. It's fducking great how this is the worst way to spend time. God damn. If I didn't have my note 4. I would ha e already shot myself.

Go drifting

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Track day.

Go drifting

With what? I'm on vacation and oh yea i forgot to mention the fasting goes on for 30 days. I don't have a car here.

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB 

With what? I'm on vacation and oh yea i forgot to mention the fasting goes on for 30 days. I don't have a car here.

how do you not have a car? i was about to suggest go driving on some mountain roads, since you live on a mountain.

I was under the impression that you almost needed a car to survive in LA.

But again LA is huge in a level I can't even imagine. Yet. I want to go to the US at least once in my life.

You pretty much do. Public transport would require you to leave your house about an extra 3 hours early if you want to go somewhere farther than your local are.

I would have such a huge feast in the middle of the night if I had to do that lol

Woah. The thread just passed 15K replies.

techswede did you ever expect this to happen?

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Woah. The thread just passed 15K replies.

techswede did you ever expect this to happen?

It could happen, since there have been quite a few dedicated petrolheads here, aka me. I contributed almost 2000 posts.

It could happen, since there have been quite a few dedicated petrolheads here, aka me. I contributed almost 2000 posts.

i am you in my heart. I just don't have time to post so much xD

how do you see the post stats again? 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I would have contributed that much if I hadn't completely forgotten for a while after it started. Even made it on the first page :D

i am you in my heart. I just don't have time to post so much xD

how do you see the post stats again?

Click on "replies" under the title of the thread in the off-topic section. :P

I'm almost at 1k posts on this thread.

Click on "replies" under the title of the thread in the off-topic section. :P

I'm almost at 1k posts on this thread.

If off topic posts counted, i would have hit 10K by now.

how do you not have a car? i was about to suggest go driving on some mountain roads, since you live on a mountain.

My car is in the US I'm in Turkey at. Even if I did have a car I still wouldn't be able to do it since gas costs at least twice the price in the US.

I would have such a huge feast in the middle of the night if I had to do that lol

We do. We do.

You have too much time on your hands...

You have too much time on your hands...

Summer, bro. Though i have summer school as we speak and i also have summer hw.

I'd be at least 4000  :ph34r:

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro