Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

I fucking hate that commercial, the narration grinds my nerves.

To each their own  :lol:

I like it.

System: Thinkpad T460

There are always people that don't like car designs. I think the design is good and shows the genetics of the old Miata's.

They're trying to masculine-ize it. What made it good was it was a feminine car. It was a good car that not the average person wanted unless they knew about it. That's why I hate the new Miata

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

You guys are right but it also shows that Mazda really captured an audience with this car not ND specifically. Everyone wants one. Yep.

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB 

I fucking hate that commercial, the narration grinds my nerves.

I dun like it either...

And it would have been nice if you know, he actually kept his first car.

They're trying to masculine-ize it. What made it good was it was a feminine car. It was a good car that not the average person wanted unless they knew about it. That's why I hate the new Miata

They didn't turn it into a muscle car... It still looks cutesy but with more of an edge. It doesn't look particularly masculine like a F-Type or something. I guess it looks as masculine as a tiny 2 sweater can look lol The NB was never extremely "feminine"

You dislike the car because it is bound to be popular? The NA was a hidden gem because it was sort of unexpected as a rwd Jap roadster. And of course with as big of a following as the Miata has had, it is gonna sell well. And the most important thing in a mx-5 is the driving feel...

System: Thinkpad T460

They didn't turn it into a muscle car... It still looks cutesy but with more of an edge. It doesn't look particularly masculine like a F-Type or something. I guess it looks as masculine as a tiny 2 sweater can look lol The NB was never extremely "feminine"

You dislike the car because it is bound to be popular? The NA was a hidden gem because it was sort of unexpected as a rwd Jap roadster. And of course with as big of a following as the Miata has had, it is gonna sell well. And the most important thing in a mx-5 is the driving feel...

I dislike it because they're straying from where the Miata came from. They're making it a very average car. The first few gens were something special because no one expected it to be so good. Now with a look like this people will expect it to be a good car.

What was good about the old Miatas is they were sleepers from the factory. This car looks like it needs to prove something

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

So I've shown you guys what the car scene is like here. This is the other 95% of my area. AKA why I want to move:

Me being the Subaru fan I am I'll end up going to Subaru meets in my Prelude when I get it. And if they talk crap I'll let them know I'm one of them on the inside. But money (I doubt they'll talk crap. Subaru owners are normally really nice people)

WOOOOO SUBARUUUUUUUU.

The 2015 car looks so much stronger than last year's entry - regardless, it was a dominant win in SP3T for STI, finishing 1st in class and 18th overall with a fastest lap of 9:09.881. For reverence, the SCG003C (SPX) did 8:26.480, the GT-R GT3 (SP9G) a 8:28.769, and the winning R8 LMS (SP9G) a 8:19.684.

Speaking of the Nurburgring, they apparently decided to not permit any more record lap attempts for the remainder of the year, the last one being the Lamborghini Aventador SV's 6:59, which was recorded the day before the announcement. There aren't many sources other than the guys filming Apex (movie), but I can understand the reasoning following the GTR Nismo incident a couple weeks ago, albeit a late announcement.

http://jalopnik.com/the-nurburgring-banned-lap-records-1712496751

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

I can't find where to buy a 6r80 transmission.. Am I just blind?

a bit late but, http://www.car-part.com/ (this is where I find cheap rebuilt motors usually, im sure you can have good luck with transmissions)

or see if u can find out where a local mechanic gets his parts.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Excellent commercial:

@terrytek

I agree. I think it captures the image and personality of the new Miata. I like it.

I hate the new Miata. So much. They're trying to make it aggressive, they're taking out the feminine part of the Miata. That's what made it great. It was something your average bro wouldn't want to drive.

Now it looks like something the average bro wants. No thanks.

Don't know why you would hate it. It's even lighter, second only to the original NA. But now more people should be buying one. I'm actually interested in one. At least it isn't overly happy like the NC Miata.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I agree. I think it captures the image and personality of the new Miata. I like it.

Don't know why you would hate it. It's even lighter, second only to the original NA. But now more people should be buying one. I'm actually interested in one. At least it isn't overly happy like the NC Miata.

I don't like it because it's much more aggressive. They're taking out the feminine part of it. That's what made it such a great car IMO. Don't get me wrong. It's a great design. But just doesn't suit the Miata name to me

I think RCR said it the best (Near end of video if I remember correctly)

I don't like it because it's much more aggressive. They're taking out the feminine part of it. That's what made it such a great car IMO. Don't get me wrong. It's a great design. But just doesn't suit the Miata name to me

I think RCR said it the best (Near end of video if I remember correctly)

But it's still loads of fun to drive, since it's lighter than the NC Miata, so you can still thrash around it aggresively.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

But it's still loads of fun to drive, since it's lighter than the NC Miata, so you can still thrash around it aggresively.

Yes it's a fun car. I'll agree with that.

But I believe the design aesthetically just doesn't fit with the Miata name

Yes it's a fun car. I'll agree with that.

But I believe the design aesthetically just doesn't fit with the Miata name

I don't know. People have been modifying the NA Miata simply because it lacks some aggresiveness, so they put on whatever improves that, like fender flares, bumpers, sleepy eye headlights, that sort of thing.

I don't know. People have been modifying the NA Miata simply because it lacks some aggresiveness, so they put on whatever improves that, like fender flares, bumpers, sleepy eye headlights, that sort of thing.

It's the headlights that are my issue with the ND. If it looked a bit like a mix of the NB and NC I'd love it. It's just too muscle car-ish

The thing with doing that on an NA Miata is it looks great (IMO) but it's not muscle car levels of aggressive. It's still a tuner type of aggressive. If that makes any sense

It's the headlights that are my issue with the ND. If it looked a bit like a mix of the NB and NC I'd love it. It's just too muscle car-ish

The thing with doing that on an NA Miata is it looks great (IMO) but it's not muscle car levels of aggressive. It's still a tuner type of aggressive. If that makes any sense

They don't look muscle car ish at all.

They don't look muscle car ish at all.

They make me think muscle car immediately. 

They make me think muscle car immediately. 

I don't know how they look remotely muscle car ish at all. It would have to look more boxy in order to look muscle car ish. That still looks truly japanese to me.

I don't know how they look remotely muscle car ish at all. It would have to look more boxy in order to look muscle car ish. That still looks truly japanese to me.

They remind me of a newer Mustang honestly.

They remind me of a newer Mustang honestly.

I don't really see that resemblance at all.

I don't really see that resemblance at all.

I guess I'm just weird. I already knew that bit. Oh well.

We haven't had anything hostile here, but why is so hard for people to disagree sometimes.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

We haven't had anything hostile here, but why is so hard for people to disagree sometimes.

1369791740277.jpg

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

1369791740277.jpg

Essentially that.

It's so easy to adopt that mood I find myself doing this sometimes.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum