Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

8 hours ago, Bitter said:

Tread depth is fine, this is fine. Nothing wrong with this tire.

"Send it"

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

16 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

This is what I'm working with:

https://www.fordofwesleychapel.com/assets/stock/expanded/white/640/2011frd009a_640/2011frd009a_640_20.jpg?height=600

If I remember correctly because it's been a hot minute, for me I have to click the Menu button and scroll with the Tune knob to Bluetooth Audio and hit Ok. That's after the phone is paired to the truck, of course. But then any media I play on my phone will go through the truck's speakers.

Ahh I see - F-150 I assume? As you can see, our dashboards are very different. I'll see if there's anything buried in the Menu button (last time I looked there wasn't), and have a look for Bluetooth Audio.

It seems like a rather odd limitation to me, but perhaps on this particular version of the system they didn't implement Bluetooth music.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Ahh I see - F-150 I assume? As you can see, our dashboards are very different. I'll see if there's anything buried in the Menu button (last time I looked there wasn't), and have a look for Bluetooth Audio.

It seems like a rather odd limitation to me, but perhaps on this particular version of the system they didn't implement Bluetooth music.

Software should be similar, if not the same.

23 hours ago, Bitter said:

IMG_20210419_115424.jpg

IMG_20210419_115433.jpg

That's a lightning bolt pattern; Clearly by design for Lightning McQueen :^) 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

3 hours ago, Benji said:

Where is the voice command button in that car?

I'll have to check, but I believe it's on the steering wheel, on the right side.

1 hour ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Could be *shrugs*

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

23 hours ago, Bitter said:

I certainly see at least 3mm of depth. 

Why is this so hard for people? This is like the 3rd time this year.

20210420_144808.jpg

56 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Why is this so hard for people? This is like the 3rd time this year.

20210420_144808.jpg

What are those for flushing?

29 minutes ago, the gamer that is bad said:

What are those for flushing?

Brake bleeders, air goes up, bleeders go up. Bleeders down, air still goes up.

This thing is freaking awesome. The electronics are kinda weird though. Surprised they didn't just use a standalone ECU, prob would of been easier? 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

7 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Just wanted to let you know that I managed to get Bluetooth Audio working today. It was convoluted as fuck but now it’s working (and bonus points as the steering controls [fwd and back] work as well). 

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

Just wanted to let you know that I managed to get Bluetooth Audio working today. It was convoluted as fuck but now it’s working (and bonus points as the steering controls [fwd and back] work as well). 

Yee it's really annoying, did you have to go through the menu like I do or is it some other process?

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Yee it's really annoying, did you have to go through the menu like I do or is it some other process?

Yeah - I don’t actually recall the exact process (as I was literally at the point of hitting random buttons) but I had to go through one of the menus (I think the menu Button itself and then into some sub menus). 

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

Yeah - I don’t actually recall the exact process (as I was literally at the point of hitting random buttons) but I had to go through one of the menus (I think the menu Button itself and then into some sub menus). 

Wow that sounds more annoying. I hope at least you don't have to deal with setting that to be on most times you get in the vehicle, like I do. :'D

55 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Wow that sounds more annoying. I hope at least you don't have to deal with setting that to be on most times you get in the vehicle, like I do. :'D

That era of car infotainment is so great /s 

central touchscreen that has everything isn’t so bad when you compare it to stuff like that lol 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

36 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

That era of car infotainment is so great /s 

central touchscreen that has everything isn’t so bad when you compare it to stuff like that lol 

Central touchscreens can be absolute trash too. Honestly I never have music playing in the first place unless it's for a longer drive, and it takes barely any time to set it to connect. So *shrug*

8 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Central touchscreens can be absolute trash too. Honestly I never have music playing in the first place unless it's for a longer drive, and it takes barely any time to set it to connect. So *shrug*

Can be yeah. At least most of them seem to be figuring it out by now 

does aggravate me that they often times aren’t as responsive as say, an iPad considering how expensive cars are I think they should be 

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Can be yeah. At least most of them seem to be figuring it out by now 

does aggravate me that they often times aren’t as responsive as say, an iPad considering how expensive cars are I think they should be 

That's one big reason why I'd rather have this old school radio stack vs a slow af screen. Most I'd ever use a screen for is GPS too so.. it's like I really need one anyways.

People think I'm weird for having a GPS, a music player, and a phone because 'your phone can just do all 3' yeah but have you tried to juggle 3 things on one small touch screen you're not supposed to look at when you're driving? No thanks!

2 minutes ago, the gamer that is bad said:

What you kneed a phone and aux cord solves all 3

Nope, I've got a Garmin with voice commands and a Fiios X2 with physical buttons. I can use my phone for music too but in my car without bluetooth I can't skip songs or anything without interacting with the phone hands on.

2 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Nope, I've got a Garmin with voice commands and a Fiios X2 with physical buttons. I can use my phone for music too but in my car without bluetooth I can't skip songs or anything without interacting with the phone hands on.

Ah I just don’t skip songs but to solve that use AirPods or something like that 

7 minutes ago, the gamer that is bad said:

Ah I just don’t skip songs but to solve that use AirPods or something like that 

Wear headphones while driving? That's illegal in most states. Also why would I do that? I have like 1000w's of car audio in my old car and like a 8 speaker premium system in my slightly less old fun car.

Oh actually did not know that but will keep it in mind for the next 6 months

1 minute ago, Bitter said:

Wear headphones while driving? That's illegal in most states. Also why would I do that? I have like 1000w's of car audio in my old car and like a 8 speaker premium system in my slightly less old fun car.

And what are good car speakers