Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

2 minutes ago, FakeFBI said:

i swear this is so biased, but it just seem that no one can really beat the japanese 4 bangers, in tuning capability, gas efficiency and reliability, the v8s are like, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr burn the fucking gas

Still.
I'll take being mildly annoyed by gas mileage in a v8 car over puttering around in a four pot.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

1 minute ago, iDeFecZx said:

I have this for daily purposes atm

Its done 3500 miles since october. (My previous one was on about 5k by this point, fuck this covid lockdown)

-snip-

british rain, british car, british rain on a british car

would rather take a good driving 4 cyl over a v8 monstrosity with poor acceleration that drives like a boat

2 minutes ago, FakeFBI said:

british rain, british car, british rain on a british car

Its even worse now, so far that car has never been washed beyond the valet the dealer did after PDI (september 2020 build)

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

1 minute ago, m.a.d.m.a.x said:

would rather take a good driving 4 cyl over a v8 monstrosity with poor acceleration that drives like a boat

Obviously we're not talking old Oldsmobile Delta 88's here. AMG mercs, Modern mustangs and camaros are where its at.

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

2 minutes ago, m.a.d.m.a.x said:

yes, i also love vvl on alot of jdm cars,

It's more of a package deal to me when it comes to engines and displacement. Some cars you really only want a smaller 4 cylinder in, where as others you want the V8.

All depends on the occasion and whatnot (along with your wallet).

1 minute ago, techswede said:

Obviously we're not talking old Oldsmobile Delta 88's here. AMG mercs, Modern mustangs and camaros are where its at.

were talking about v8 cars that weigh like 2 tons (american) and literally some civic si can accelarate faster than it because it weighs much less

5 minutes ago, IKnight said:

2.0l with 310bhp. 🙂

I heard its a pretty nice car but not going to happen. 
Engine based tax in Austria is horrendous. 
The 310hp one is 2134€ a year (without insurance). 
The Leon with 245hp (150 IC-engine und 95 electric) is 449€ a year. 
And, due to it being a hybrid, you don't have to pay CO2 tax which makes the car cheaper and you get a 1500€ bonus for cars that can drive 50km electric.

1 minute ago, GlassBomb said:

It's more of a package deal to me when it comes to engines and displacement. Some cars you really only want a smaller 4 cylinder in, where as others you want the V8.

All depends on the occasion and whatnot (along with your wallet).

good point, some cars just like to add weight and be a just beefy v8 muscle cars, but usually a car that you literally want luxary and a way to get from work to home, and normal activaties, a inline 4, inline 6, and v6 for the most heaviest of cars like suvs

3 minutes ago, techswede said:

I mean yeah...nice to drive for sure. But to be honest...most V8 muscle cars can get outperformed by cars with way smaller engines. 

53 minutes ago, FakeFBI said:

im talkign bout 1980's ae86 in usa corrola gts witha  shit inline 4 i think

You mean the AE86's with the 4A-GE's. And let me tell you something, if there's something those 4 pots aren't is shit 😉

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

2 minutes ago, m.a.d.m.a.x said:

I mean yeah...nice to drive for sure. But to be honest...most V8 muscle cars can get outperformed by cars with way smaller engines. 

But to be clear
I would also prefer the Mustang GT over the 4cyl version😅

but thats just a car that shouldn't exist

8 minutes ago, FakeFBI said:

were talking about v8 cars that weigh like 2 tons (american) and literally some civic si can accelarate faster than it because it weighs much less

Dude. Even an ecoboost ford f150 could match an Si for acceleration. Weight doesn't matter much when you've got the power to compensate.

Just now, m.a.d.m.a.x said:

I don't disagree. But that is entirely dependent on which cars are in the matchup. An E63 is difficult to beat without power. Or a very light car

10 minutes ago, m.a.d.m.a.x said:

Thing is though theyre more than fast enough, and you cant really beat the soundtrack that comes with them. 

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

Just for reference. I daily drive two four bangers. They're alright. But i'm hoping to get something with some torque instead.

1 minute ago, PlayStation 2 said:

Ooh, are we gatekeeping engine choices now?

Welcome to automotive communities.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

1 minute ago, PlayStation 2 said:

Ooh, are we gatekeeping engine choices now?

Nah. Just rehashing the tired old "boat" argument for the millionth time.
If we didn't let people with 4 bangers into the thread it would be deserted.

Just now, techswede said:

Nah. Just rehashing the tired old "boat" argument for the millionth time.
If we didn't let people with 4 bangers into the thread it would be deserted.

Its why I got a v6 now

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

Just now, vetali said:

Its why I got a v6 now

So that's 1.
Just 10 more and we'll be able to go exclusive

There is a point where you are so deep into cars that its not just the appreciation of sounds, looks and feels, but also the appreciation of tech and innovation. Thats the point where V8 engines usually fall short. 

12 minutes ago, techswede said:

Just for reference. I daily drive two four bangers. They're alright. But i'm hoping to get something with some torque instead.

Diesel 4 banger time? 😉

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

1 minute ago, m.a.d.m.a.x said:

There is a point where you are so deep into cars that its not just the appreciation of sounds, looks and feels, but also the appreciation of tech and innovation. Thats the point where V8 engines usually fall short. 

Now there i mostly agree. Though zhe germans are getting pretty fancy with their v8s
I don't really want an advanced v8 though. Love me a good ol' pushrod LS