Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 hour ago, iDeFecZx said:

I mean, for cheap fun tho you can't really go wrong with a French hot hatch 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ (I may be biased tho 😂😂)

LRM_EXPORT_46533289605408_20181128_121535667.thumb.jpeg.d1838022903a40fbabc3b6dee71e16e5.jpeg

20200829_115219.thumb.jpg.dc47063b9fdec6037a834f7bc779f20a.jpg

Is that a new thing with you?

Are these your Clios?

GB is pretty much the best place to own a Clio RS or Megane RS. 
Seems like there are infinitely many tuning parts and police does not give a s... about mods. 

Just now, FakeFBI said:

so true, my fathers thinking fo buying a wrx wagon, its in pristine condition for like 4k, i think he hasnt bought it because we have a 2 car garage

make sure he has money for headgaskets

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Just now, PandaCopyRight said:

make sure he has money for headgaskets

oh ye, but this one time the snow was so bad we almost ran a red light in his 2012 impreza, the green light turned on for  the wrx wagon left of us, it was so majestic when he drift, you could hear the god damn turbo this man was tokyo drifting the god damn intersection

2 minutes ago, FakeFBI said:

depends, i still am confused why i cant find a corolla gts in the usa, where they were fucking sold

It wasn't called a GTS here, that was just the Celica for some generations most notably the 7th gen with the 2ZZ-GE. The 2ZZ Corolla was the XRS and then later it got the 2AZ-FE 2.4L engine from the Camry and Scion TC which while it had more torque felt less sports like and was generally panned by Toyota fans.

Just now, Bitter said:

It wasn't called a GTS here, that was just the Celica for some generations most notably the 7th gen with the 2ZZ-GE. The 2ZZ Corolla was the XRS and then later it got the 2AZ-FE 2.4L engine from the Camry and Scion TC which while it had more torque felt less sports like and was generally panned by Toyota fans.

im talkign bout 1980's ae86 in usa corrola gts witha  shit inline 4 i think

5 minutes ago, m.a.d.m.a.x said:

Are these your Clios?

GB is pretty much the best place to own a Clio RS or Megane RS. 
Seems like there are infinitely many tuning parts and police does not give a s... about mods. 

Blue was my old one (RIP)

Silver is the current one

I love em, for the money I dont think theres better hatches out there

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

Just now, iDeFecZx said:

in the uk

here in the us on the other hand

52 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Just get a Mazda Capella or Toyota Corolla. Undervalued cars that last a long time.

What part of fun went unheard? 😛

I'd rather have a modern~ish sedan with a bit of ponies. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

3 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Blue was my old one (RIP)

Silver is the current one

Nice
always liked french cars because you get the most for your money
own my second one now (first was a 207) but after university I think I will get something different...maybe Cupra Leon Wagon or Octavia RS

desktop_hintergrund.jpg

1 minute ago, m.a.d.m.a.x said:

Nice
always liked french cars because you get the most for your money
own my second one now (first was a 207) but after university I think I will get something different...maybe Cupra Leon Wagon or Octavia RS

~snip!~

Went on a Cupra Formentor test drive with a buddy and was shocked at how good Cupra cars are. Think was quuuiiiick, and super nice inside. Can imagine the wagon is even better, considering the lower center of gravity and less weight....  

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

9 minutes ago, FakeFBI said:

in the uk

here in the us on the other hand

Would be interesting if it is even possible to import some of the european cars

but ordering parts from europe when something gets broken is also a pain in the ass I think

3 minutes ago, m.a.d.m.a.x said:

but ordering parts from europe when something gets broken is also a pain in the ass I think

Being french itll be a common occurrence too 😂

Mines finally running as it should now for the first time since August, all minor stuff but its just been constant

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

4 minutes ago, IKnight said:

Went on a Cupra Formentor test drive with a buddy and was shocked at how good Cupra cars are. Think was quuuiiiick, and super nice inside. Can imagine the wagon is even better, considering the lower center of gravity and less weight....  

Did you test the Hybrid or the 2.0l with 310hp?

Just compared the Leon to the Octavia today. I think the Leon looks way better on the outside but interior goes to the Octavia

1 minute ago, iDeFecZx said:

Being french itll be a common occurrence too 😂

Mines finally running as it should now for the first time since August, all minor stuff but its just been constant

Never really had problems with my cars but the Clio is from 2015 so...

(knock on wood)

8 minutes ago, m.a.d.m.a.x said:

correct, reason why we avoid evrey french, german, or british cars unless we millionares

Just now, m.a.d.m.a.x said:

Never really had problems with my cars but the Clio is from 2015 so...

(knock on wood)

Only issue I ever had with the blue one was knocking top mounts after I fitted lowering springs.

So far the silver ones had (since May 2020) Coil pack, leads, plugs, injectors, O2 sensor, brakes, tyres, exhaust mounts, an exhaust clamp and a few other odds and sods. Ive only driven it 1500 miles in nearly a year 😂

4 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

only driven it 1500 miles in nearly a year 😂

you brits really dont have far to travel, or you guys just god damn forget its a french hot hatch MADE for daily driving sportiness and to brake down

3 minutes ago, FakeFBI said:

correct, reason why we avoid evrey french, german, or british cars unless we millionares

I mean americans didn't avoid BMW or VW

although they broke VW's neck so...

Just now, m.a.d.m.a.x said:

although they broke VW's neck so...

yes, but the amount of bmws here i find actually on the roads is just non, maybe because a city isnt nice to 19mpg cars

1 minute ago, FakeFBI said:

you brits really dont have far to travel, or you guys just god damn forget its a french hot hatch MADE for daily driving sportiness and to brake down

In whole europe we don't go for a casual 3000 miles weekend drive like you americans would do😅

1 minute ago, FakeFBI said:

yes, but the amount of bmws here i find actually on the roads is just non, maybe because a city isnt nice to 19mpg cars

I man a city isn't nice for 5.7l V8s either 

best thing for cities (if ic-engine) is a downsized turbocharged small car with a high engine load 

2 minutes ago, m.a.d.m.a.x said:

In whole europe we don't go for a casual 3000 miles weekend drive like you americans would do😅

as i've realised, my god damn civic has 205k miles on it, came bought in 1998 bought by my mom btw she die to gene cancer 😞

i haven't even taken the civic on a road trip, that just the civic coming ownership of r3 people in the family before me

2 minutes ago, m.a.d.m.a.x said:

I man a city isn't nice for 5.7l V8s either 

best thing for cities (if ic-engine) is a downsized turbocharged small car with a high engine load 

i swear this is so biased, but it just seem that no one can really beat the japanese 4 bangers, in tuning capability, gas efficiency and reliability, the v8s are like, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr burn the fucking gas

13 minutes ago, m.a.d.m.a.x said:

Did you test the Hybrid or the 2.0l with 310hp?

Just compared the Leon to the Octavia today. I think the Leon looks way better on the outside but interior goes to the Octavia

2.0l with 310bhp. 🙂

7 minutes ago, FakeFBI said:

I have this for daily purposes atm

Its done 3500 miles since october. (My previous one was on about 5k by this point, fuck this covid lockdown)

20201211_135139.jpg