Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Just now, PandaCopyRight said:

yeah im thinking about a 325d ... mainly cause i have found a few really nice examples here for sale

I've not looked at any of the other models, basically had my heart set on the 335i or nothing xD

I did fall in love with the E92 body though. Was looking at the E82 135i but found that the E92 was the only one I ever turned around to look at. Even now, I still turn to look at them if one goes by. They look great from pretty much every angle IMO.

Just now, Oshino Shinobu said:

I've not looked at any of the other models, basically had my heart set on the 335i or nothing xD

I did fall in love with the E92 body though. Was looking at the E82 135i but found that the E92 was the only one I ever turned around to look at. Even now, I still turn to look at them if one goes by. They look great from pretty much every angle IMO.

Yeah the 325d,330d and 335d all have the same 3.0L i6 diesel engine block .. .just the turbo setup and tune is different ... 335d being twin turbo IIRC 

and i also somehow did fall in love with the E92 ... just im not a fan of the M3 being a V8 ... while the 335i is quite a bit faster with a tune :D 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Just now, PandaCopyRight said:

Yeah the 325d,330d and 335d all have the same 3.0L i6 diesel engine block .. .just the turbo setup and tune is different ... 335d being twin turbo IIRC 

and i also somehow did fall in love with the E92 ... just im not a fan of the M3 being a V8 ... while the 335i is quite a bit faster with a tune :D 

I believe it's similar with the petrol series. Not sure about the diesels, but the 335i used to be twin turbo with the N54 but moved to a single twin scroll turbo with the N55 (mine's N55). 

I quite like that the M3 uses a V8. Sets it apart a bit from the non-M series. I know that the 335I can get to ridiculous figures with very little work. I've already done a little to mine and tuned it. Planning on changing out the FMIC and DPs within the year and re-tuning it to around 400HP. After that, you can upgrade the internals of the turbo and push it to the realm of 600HP with only a few other changes. 

5 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

I believe it's similar with the petrol series. Not sure about the diesels, but the 335i used to be twin turbo with the N54 but moved to a single twin scroll turbo with the N55 (mine's N55). 

I quite like that the M3 uses a V8. Sets it apart a bit from the non-M series. I know that the 335I can get to ridiculous figures with very little work. I've already done a little to mine and tuned it. Planning on changing out the FMIC and DPs within the year and re-tuning it to around 400HP. After that, you can upgrade the internals of the turbo and push it to the realm of 600HP with only a few other changes. 

for a daily i wouldnt want more than 400hp tbh 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

2 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

for a daily i wouldnt want more than 400hp tbh 

wow arent you boring

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

1 hour ago, iDeFecZx said:

wow arent you boring

bruh where in the hell would you use more than 400hp daily? 

My brother had an E92 335i with the N54 engine. The chassis had over 350.000km on it, the engine (got replaced by the former owner of the car) at the end around 200.000km. It was tuned around 80% of its kilometers from 370hp (software) to around 420hp with some hardware changes but with stock turbos. He go rear ended some day, now the car has been rebuilt and is now driven by a friend of him. "New cars don't have the quality old cars have" < bullshit.

I'm driving an E91 325d with the M57 engine (197hp stock). It's tuned to ~260hp/510Nm with software and the stock intercooler of my brothers 335i (bigger than the 325d and 330d, the same as the 335d intercooler). It now has around 175.000km on it and is tuned for the last 50.000km. :)My automatic transmission is tuned with xHP Flashtool (Stage 2) - which I highly recommend to any E9x automatic transmission driver! This just makes the car feel 10 years younger.

Best thing with this car is: enough power for everyday use and to have some fun, but really good mileage. On our croatia vacation I got around 5.7l/100km (~41mpg US/~49mpg UK) while not even driving slowly. :)

bearbeitet_zugeschnitten2_damm.thumb.jpg.601d9a8e31ade4e1a39694ef45327d62.jpg

51 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

Droppin them panties!

15 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Droppin them panties!

"yo girl wanna see me use 2x the amount fuel and sit in the same traffic jam all day?" 

:ph34r:

1 hour ago, PandaCopyRight said:

Merging on the freeway ofc

1 hour ago, PandaCopyRight said:

everywhere

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

10 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

everywhere

I bet you don't use your 200hp LUL

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

28 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

i have to use them otherwise i dont go anywhere lmao

My Mazda 626 probably has about 110 at the wheels for a 2800lbs car, it uses all 110hp on some ramps and still isn't at a comfortable speed to merge with traffic. That extra 50hp and 300lbs less weight of the Celica makes a BIG difference when it comes to merging on bad ramps. I'd say 200hp is probably the sweet spot for anything around 2500lbs to feel quick and sporty.

2 hours ago, Organized said:

My brother had an E92 335i with the N54 engine. The chassis had over 350.000km on it, the engine (got replaced by the former owner of the car) at the end around 200.000km. It was tuned around 80% of its kilometers from 370hp (software) to around 420hp with some hardware changes but with stock turbos. He go rear ended some day, now the car has been rebuilt and is now driven by a friend of him. "New cars don't have the quality old cars have" < bullshit.

I'm driving an E91 325d with the M57 engine (197hp stock). It's tuned to ~260hp/510Nm with software and the stock intercooler of my brothers 335i (bigger than the 325d and 330d, the same as the 335d intercooler). It now has around 175.000km on it and is tuned for the last 50.000km. :)My automatic transmission is tuned with xHP Flashtool (Stage 2) - which I highly recommend to any E9x automatic transmission driver! This just makes the car feel 10 years younger.

Best thing with this car is: enough power for everyday use and to have some fun, but really good mileage. On our croatia vacation I got around 5.7l/100km (~41mpg US/~49mpg UK) while not even driving slowly. :)

how is the 325d? any big issues you had with it?  

1 hour ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Merging on the freeway ofc

not everyone has a freeway in their commute ?

50 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

i mean its a civic .. so probably has less torq than a blender ... so yes he needs to use all of the 200hp

18 minutes ago, Bitter said:

My Mazda 626 probably has about 110 at the wheels for a 2800lbs car, it uses all 110hp on some ramps and still isn't at a comfortable speed to merge with traffic. That extra 50hp and 300lbs less weight of the Celica makes a BIG difference when it comes to merging on bad ramps. I'd say 200hp is probably the sweet spot for anything around 2500lbs to feel quick and sporty.

i agree ... anything below 150hp seems like its not enough for any kind of comfortable highway driving 

but the speed limits over in my country are so low that highway is not difficult for even 75hp cars ... :( 

41 minutes ago, Bitter said:

I feel like the many cars they with N/A 6 cylinders around 280-320hp or so and 2800-3500 lbs are right about perfect feeling for daily use.

it's /just/ fast enough to go from a dead stop in the right lane because of something stupid blocking the road to get into traffic moving 40 mph in the left lane when you see a gap to slide into.

or you know those left turns at busy intersections with no lights/stop signs.. hate those..

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Also this

DSC_4005.JPG

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

2 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

I feel like the many cars they with N/A 6 cylinders around 280-320hp or so and 2800-3500 lbs are right about perfect feeling for daily use.

it's /just/ fast enough to go from a dead stop in the right lane because of something stupid blocking the road to get into traffic moving 40 mph in the left lane when you see a gap to slide into.

or you know those left turns at busy intersections with no lights/stop signs.. hate those..

Or even 245hp if you have a manual. ?

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

working on a BMW is weird, so much plastic coverings. Fifteen different bolts why can't they all be ten mil like my Mazda. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

so what do y'all think, would it be possible with enough tinkering to put a MyLink radio into a Saab 9-7X?
pfdb5u.png

(ebay picture of the radio in the 9-7X)

s-l1600.jpgwith a little tweaking it looks like this would fit...
Though the next issues would be plugs...

y4uroo.png

b7ueb2.png

I wonder if I could try and fashion some sort of adapters or something to get that newer one to work. What do you all think?

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

1 hour ago, vinyldash303 said:

Now that there sounds like a right pain in the ass

in the description, the seller alludes to it possibly fitting in older GM models, so that leads me to thinking that it's possible.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

My right front indicator bulb went out on my way home from my Norway trip, couldn't find the right bulb anywhere so I just replaced both of my front indicators with LED ones and they look pretty damn nice imo.

New on the left, old on the right:

IMG_20190804_155254.thumb.jpg.8f9a2310f3aa11fdf7ab915639f64050.jpg

Might do the rears too if I end up riding my bike a lot still after I move :)

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

12 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

i mean its a civic .. so probably has less torq than a blender ... so yes he needs to use all of the 200hp

Thats be one impressive blender with a minimum for 145lbft

1 hour ago, iDeFecZx said:

Thats be one impressive blender with a minimum for 145lbft

How much torque does it make at 2000 rpm tho?

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1