Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

4 hours ago, themaniac said:

dies harder

What doesn’t make me die is that I got a new air compressor and tools for 70% off.

3 hours ago, FuzzyYellow said:

anyone have suggestions on head units that are running full android? looking for something for the accord. I don't want to reply on CarPlay because I have to mount the aftermarket stereo in the cubby below the stock unit due to the climate controls being built-into the stereo. this makes it hard to see for navigation, so I want my phone to be independent on it's mount, but I want full android so that I can run torque pro for extra gauges.

Just mount a tablet and link to the stock unit tbh

Just now, RorzNZ said:

Just mount a tablet and link to the stock unit tbh

stock unit sucks though. tons of noise through the much system. that's why I want another head unit.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

1 minute ago, FuzzyYellow said:

stock unit sucks though. tons of noise through the much system. that's why I want another head unit.

this might be the ugliest solution yet, but it works

maxresdefault.jpg

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 minute ago, FuzzyYellow said:

tablet -> amp -> speakers.

Still have volume knob problem tho.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Just now, terrytek said:

this might be the ugliest solution yet, but it works

maxresdefault.jpg

yeah that doesn't work with the dual-zone unit that I have. I NEED that screen.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

Just now, FuzzyYellow said:

Just get a 1-din unit and mount a tablet. Those android units seem pretty sketchy, but I think there was some good brands - the Chinese ones. IMO something like a Samsung tab just seems more reliable. 

People usually get Ownice or Joying HU for Android. 

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

tablet -> amp -> speakers.

Still have volume knob problem tho.

or this?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CWK5GXM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_5?smid=ANVW61FB1ZGIJ&psc=1

97973614_ScreenShot2018-11-05at2_06_43PM.png.dc9b60d71c490e1f677f0e87b7b63274.png

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

59 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

looking at the pics, that glare is horrible. 

I am holding out until mainstream brands start going to android based. Sony has about the only OS that I'd consider acceptable right now, and I believe they have a 1.5 din unit.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

Gotta say though most of the reviews are that Bluetooth sucks on the units or some things done work, and don’t expect many updates. That’s why a tablet and a  1-din hu is the way to go. 

48d00044d1.png

got a lot full of boat anchors now

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2 minutes ago, vetali said:

HOW ARE THEY NOT RUSTY

?

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

22 hours ago, Mr.Dingle said:

No thanks

We need someone qualified to deal with the amount of aviators that just showed up.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

6 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

HOW ARE THEY NOT RUSTY

?

#nosalt

16 minutes ago, vetali said:

#nosalt

what is this no salt you speak of?

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

1 hour ago, vetali said:

48d00044d1.png

Oh, do I have the perfect thing for you, you see MOPAR just released something so amazing that nothing else matters, cause you see the 426 is making a comeback with 1000hp https://www.motor1.com/news/274055/mopar-426-hemi-returns-hellephant/

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

2 hours ago, vetali said:

48d00044d1.png

You’re gonna sink your boat, geez

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

2 hours ago, FuzzyYellow said:

what is this no salt you speak of?

Just have the dust no rust. 

6C40ACA5-465A-4B0D-9F27-73C5330441A7.jpeg

91AED780-A4F4-47BD-A487-9E8C8435D0EA.jpeg

1 hour ago, RorzNZ said:

Just have the dust no rust. 

-snip-

Sounds like what a salesman would say

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Neat article on some of the automatic braking systems currently on the market with some really great "BOOP" gifs:

Car and Driver Article

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

11 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Inb4 there is no metal to that car. Only rust.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

8 hours ago, FuzzyYellow said:

anyone have suggestions on head units that are running full android? looking for something for the accord. I don't want to reply on CarPlay because I have to mount the aftermarket stereo in the cubby below the stock unit due to the climate controls being built-into the stereo. this makes it hard to see for navigation, so I want my phone to be independent on it's mount, but I want full android so that I can run torque pro for extra gauges.

If you weren't set on Android Auto I'd recommend just mounting a single din in the glove box 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

If you weren't set on Android Auto I'd recommend just mounting a single din in the glove box 

I don't want android auto. I want full, standalone android.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

2 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

You can draw flames in yourself to make it go faster

2 hours ago, FuzzyYellow said:

I don't want android auto. I want full, standalone android.

I missed that completely. Anyway you could dash mount a tablet and tuck the wires? Might be a good bet

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB