Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

4 minutes ago, aki adaki said:

That is so dirty, gee wee. 

Yeah I know... it's getting really irritating, wish she would just take the damn highway it's no more dangerous then the back roads

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

2 minutes ago, themaniac said:

Yeah I know... it's getting really irritating, wish she would just take the damn highway it's no more dangerous then the back roads

I haven't had time to wash my car, it also is freezing out and I'd rather not get frost bite. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

8 minutes ago, aki adaki said:

I haven't had time to wash my car, it also is freezing out and I'd rather not get frost bite. 

Yeah, I'm basically screwed if I can deal with the dirt before it becomes freezing out

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

3 minutes ago, themaniac said:

Yeah, I'm basically screwed if I can deal with the dirt before it becomes freezing out

I wash my car even when its raining no joke, love that thing. 

Although reminds me of when my sister got my old car ('04 Echo - great car) and does not clean it such that dirt accumulated in the footwells and plants actually grew in there until I got out the powerwasher. 

1 minute ago, RorzNZ said:

I was my car even when its raining no joke, love that thing. 

I washed mine, and went on vacation, came back because it was flooding and the thing had dirt all over it because of the rains. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

2 minutes ago, aki adaki said:

I washed mine, and went on vacation, came back because it was flooding and the thing had dirt all over it because of the rains. 

I once washed and polished mine, then washed it again in a few hours because it was a little dusty. Gotta love the holidays and free water. Make sure to use the stuff with the wax that protects from the rain, helps a lot. 

Speaking of holidays I've got my repco cart waiting for me to order and pick up, so excited. Just about $300 in my cart so far for me to work on. Although apparently you have to take the motor out to replace the glowplugs, and I gotta say don't have the experience for that, so I'll just only use my car when its warm. 

2 minutes ago, aki adaki said:

The longest I've ever gone without washing my car is 6 whole months because it was being fixed and was undrivable the entire time, and before I finally washed it there was some green plant-like stuff under the spoiler and mold on the front fenders... The difference washing it made was huge, to say the least.

Computer engineering grad student, machine learning researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

21 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

I once washed and polished mine, then washed it again in a few hours because it was a little dusty. Gotta love the holidays and free water. Make sure to use the stuff with the wax that protects from the rain, helps a lot. 

Speaking of holidays I've got my repco cart waiting for me to order and pick up, so excited. Just about $300 in my cart so far for me to work on. Although apparently you have to take the motor out to replace the glowplugs, and I gotta say don't have the experience for that, so I'll just only use my car when its warm. 

I tried that wax soap, but it doesn't do good. It leaves this... Idk what on. Looks like stains of - nevermind. I use rainx water repellent soap that doesn't even require drying it gets rid of the water. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

The longest I've gone without washing one of my cars was... I think I'm at around 11 months, and counting

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

27 minutes ago, aki adaki said:

I tried that wax soap, but it doesn't do good. It leaves this... Idk what on. Looks like stains of - nevermind. I use rainx water repellent soap that doesn't even require drying it gets rid of the water. 

IDK if they have it in the US, but I use Armourguard and then polish with turtle wax. The amourguard stuff looks like sugar soap, so maybe its similar? (And doesnt wash off and leave semen stains. I don't mind using the word i'm a biologist lol, the world is too PC. My sister actually got told not to use the term 'retard' in nurse training, even though its a medical term to hold back/stop progression, like in actual nurse training). 

4 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

the world is too PC. My sister actually got told not to use the term 'retard' in nurse training, even though its a medical term to hold back/stop progression, like in actual nurse training

Amen to that. It's all about not hurting feelings... Like general practitioners not taking people's weight because they don't want to be offended. I never understood the whole thing behind women and not asking their weight or age...

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

10 minutes ago, Cereal5 said:

Amen to that. It's all about not hurting feelings... Like general practitioners not taking people's weight because they don't want to be offended. I never understood the whole thing behind women and not asking their weight or age...

Just problematic, especially when being overweight is quite a big problem these days. People need to understand the transparency medical practitioners need.

Retard is technically a word that means slow down or reverse, sure...but honestly in a medical setting, there are plenty of other suitable words you can use that mean the same thing. Using a word like retard, that in a medical environment could easily be misinterpreted by patients or relatives, is kind of unnecessary and asking for trouble.

Speaking as someone who's job it is to analyse medical notes and clinical writings on a daily basis...I've never seen that word used. Just saying.

ALso somewhat more on topic, non-contact car washes do use slightly harsher chemicals. It's like those cheap-ass hand car washes use TFR(traffic film remover) to get your car clean, fast. It probably won't damage the paint? But it strips off any protective coatings like waxes, and can tarnish plastic and other non-painted trims if you're unlucky

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

Well, the Tundra is getting a NEW FRAME!!!!

and I'm not paying for it!

sounds like it's a make-to-order process though, so it could take months to get the new frame to the dealership. blech.

Oh well, could be worse.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

2 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

IDK if they have it in the US, but I use Armourguard and then polish with turtle wax. The amourguard stuff looks like sugar soap, so maybe its similar? (And doesnt wash off and leave semen stains. I don't mind using the word i'm a biologist lol, the world is too PC. My sister actually got told not to use the term 'retard' in nurse training, even though its a medical term to hold back/stop progression, like in actual nurse training). 

It was carnuba soap with wax in it made by turtle wax I believe. I haven't waxed my car in over a year... I need to do that. But it's too cold now so... Bleh. 

(don't worry about saying retard, like we use a retarder to slowly defreeze bread) 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

19 minutes ago, aki adaki said:

It was carnuba soap with wax in it made by turtle wax I believe. I haven't waxed my car in over a year... I need to do that. But it's too cold now so... Bleh. 

(don't worry about saying retard, like we use a retarder to slowly defreeze bread) 

I'm not worried lol. Just shameful that they teach this sort of PC nonsense now. 

1 hour ago, FuzzyYellow said:

Well, the Tundra is getting a NEW FRAME!!!!

and I'm not paying for it!

sounds like it's a make-to-order process though, so it could take months to get the new frame to the dealership. blech.

Oh well, could be worse.

I mean not paying for it is good... Is the old one really that bad? and how are you not paying for it lmao

[Under Construction]

6 minutes ago, Quibiss said:

So, I did my grocery shopping this morning at the local supermarket, packed all the things in my car, started the engine, slowly driving off the parking lot (15ish km/h). Then there is that granny with that small boy roughly 50 m away from where I parked, suddenly grabbing the boy, holding onto him tight and shaking her fist angrily at me while I drove past them with a perplexed look on my face. Now, I would understand such a reaction if I would've launched the car full throttle, it making crackles and bangs, blazing past them. But jeez, some people really love to get angry for no reason... Should've stepped on it just to provoke a little, but I guess I am too nice. Most humans are weird.

Thats why you get a diesel

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

2 minutes ago, Quibiss said:

To make them choke while I drive past them? :D

You are in germany so i figured that wouldnt be a strange concept to you 

You cant see her shaking her fist if she cant be seen at all 

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

People love to get angry over someone with a nice/modified car, even if they're driving well within the rules of the road. Particularly old people. You know, the ones that drive far below the speed limit and pull away from junctions dangerously slowly because they think it's safer.

Not to sound like I'm having a rant, but the same is true to a certain extent with the police. Oh sure, pull me over with my well maintained car with it's uprated brakes, great tyres etc. and try your hardest to get me on something, anything... Not the person with the barely driveable rustbucket on budget tyres. My car is safer than theirs will ever be, I'm the problem here, sure. Lump me with the streetracers :D:D 

I was pulled once and told my number plates were illegal. I'd just replaced them with shiny new pressed plates, so I got out, explained all the factors that make a numberplate legal(in the UK), demonstrated that my plates met all those standards, and the guy was dumbfounded. Pretty sure I knew the revelant laws better than he did, but he still managed to pull himself together enough to give me a verbal warning though. Douchebag.

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

41 minutes ago, Quibiss said:

Hmm true, time to get me one of these 'murican trucks which do the black-cloud-of-death-for-amusement just to show that granny who is the king of the parking lot!

Bildresultat för and you get cancer and you get cancer meme

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

9 hours ago, Cereal5 said:

I mean not paying for it is good... Is the old one really that bad? and how are you not paying for it lmao

There’s a recall on the frames of the early 1st gen Tundras. If rust holes are found, Toyota replaces the entire frame free of charge.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

I got an email, and my siding is finally in! Woot Woot!

But I have to go pull the docks and boat lifts out of the lake this weekend, so I wont get a chance to get cracking on it. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

1 hour ago, FuzzyYellow said:

There’s a recall on the frames of the early 1st gen Tundras. If rust holes are found, Toyota replaces the entire frame free of charge.

so in a few month's you'll basically have a brand new truck for only a couple grand

10/10 worth the wait. well played :D

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

YAAAASSSSS!!!!! I LOVE IT!!! :D

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS