Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

28 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

have you sold your rc car? (i used to be really into rc cars but its too damn expensive, the broken cars i have that are just lying around here are still usefull for remote controll recievers and servos because the gearboxes get fucked up but the rest is still good)

Yep , sold .

I just remember the races.. screamin down the track at 18000 RPM .

I advertised it like 6 months ago on a local site  , noone called . I advertise it on ebay i get 20 offers over night .

The lucky buyer is from the US. And 500$ worth of shipping..

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

Well I had a big long post I was working on about my mini lst and then I tried to delete a video with the backspace and instead it sent me back (because I don't have access to the chrome update to stop that) and now it's all gone.  Not going to try to do all the pics and text again so here's some youtube action of it.

There's something cool here - you just can't see it.

what gen camaro would you prefer?

i personaly prefer the 1967 z28, im not that big of a fan of the newer gens, some of the newer ones are okay but the 1967 z28 is by far my favorite.

1967-Camaro-Z28.jpg

i like the smaller more "nimble" look that this car has, it isnt small but it isnt huge either.

(plus, its not a killer like a certain other car within its class :P)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

1 hour ago, Strando123 said:

i personaly prefer the 1967 z28, im not that big of a fan of the newer gens, some of the newer ones are okay but the 1967 z28 is by far my favorite.

i like the smaller more "nimble" look that this car has, it isnt small but it isnt huge either.

Second gen

1920px-1971_Camaro_SS.jpg

I just love how they look. 

If i was getting a first gen it would have to be an SS or a yenko.

But i like most of them. Even the new ones. 

A sixth gen ZL1 would be nice. 

In other news. Its 30*C outside right now and i can't enjoy it because i'm sick.. 

Would've preferred to be working right now though. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

8 hours ago, GlassBomb said:

Dash cover + Airbag = Bad time.

There are some where you can get a flap and when the bag goes off, the flap opens and allows the bag to activate. that's how it is on all my cars.

2 hours ago, Strando123 said:

1967-Camaro-Z28.jpg

i actually like the first gen and the current gen. if anything, i'd put some modern touches in a first gen camaro.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Here's the pic as promised. Threw it on when I got to school (which took 50 minutes for 7 miles  today -_-)

Still a bit of morning dew on it from when I took it off at home. Shook it off but there was a lot lol, hope it doesn't slowly soak my trunk over time. So that's one aggravating thing about it. 

But it it's so quick to throw on/take off I love it.

image.jpeg

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

11 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

It's a saab so I have no idea. (I hear they are expensive to repair and stuff). Even though it's in good shape, it still may be smarter to go with a cheap japanese car. I don't know what your budget is long-term so not much I can say. All up to you.

What is that thing? I want one lol. I'd totally go to school with that on tuesdays/thursdays with the crazy traffic xD

(like i said before I live in Louisiana, no one would care)

I know I've seen a lot of this generation of Saab around the area so I'd imagine that there would be some at local junk yards to pick parts off of if need be so that's not too big of a deal. I'm not too familiar with Saabs other than the 9-3 they made which was basically a WRX in disguise. I'm more just trying to find out if this is a reliable car, I know it'll be really practical and all

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

12 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

More in the spoilerDSC03699_1.jpg

Not sure if the pun was intended or not xD

Damn. Son.

12 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

Should I go for it? 

YES. I kinda of want one myself, but the interior is kinda of meh, even tho it's based on aircrafts and all that.

8 hours ago, techswede said:

Oh for fucks sake..

Put in a bunch of overtime and now i just had to get sick..

And not even the manageable kind.. I have a top speed of 0.1 MPH.. 

Hope you get well soon :)

7 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

Washed my truck a lil bit today. Not only did I hose it off I went the full 10 yards and got the squeegee out and scrubbed on it and got most of the dirt and bugs off of it. Got all the trash out of it too. Taking a girl out to lunch tomorrow so I put a little bit extra effort into it. :) Need to go to the gas station and get the ones with wiper fluid in the bucket to get the windshield the rest of the way done. Wish me luck bois. 

┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) ├┬┴┬┴

Cleaning the girl to pick up another girl... (¬‿¬)

3 hours ago, Strando123 said:

1967-Camaro-Z28.jpg

3.jpg

First gen... So much yes

27 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

(which took 50 minutes for 7 miles  today -_-)

Holy vaginas.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

5 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

YES. I kinda of want one myself, but the interior is kinda of meh, even tho it's based on aircrafts and all that

It's a super nice interior compared to damn near any American car I've been in let alone for $2400, what I really like is its got a sunroof, 4 wheel discs, and not just leather seats but heated seats all around. I don't know of anything else that would be this equipped for the price, it's not aero model but it'll get the job done. 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

It's a super nice interior compared to damn near and American car I've been in let alone for $2400, what I really like is its got a sunroof, 4 wheel discs, and not just leather seats but heated seats all around. I don't know of anything else that would be this equipped for the price, it's not aero model but it'll get the job done. 

heated seats all around? mmmm that'd be amazing for cold weather for you and 3 other passengers.

3 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

It's a super nice interior compared to damn near and American car I've been in let alone for $2400, what I really like is its got a sunroof, 4 wheel discs, and not just leather seats but heated seats all around. I don't know of anything else that would be this equipped for the price, it's not aero model but it'll get the job done. 

The Aero model... HNGGGGGHH

Talk with the owner. If he doesn't bail on you, good luck, take it for a test drive. Check if everything is in order and, if you like it, throw him an offer. IDK. How's the aftermarket for Saab's in the US?

Just now, terrytek said:

heated seats all around? mmmm that'd be amazing for cold weather for you and 3 other passengers.

Yeah I didn't expect that until I read the ad a bit more. It's obviously not a performance car, but I don't think I could do much if any better for a DD for the money

1 minute ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

The Aero model... HNGGGGGHH

Talk with the owner. If he doesn't bail on you, good luck, take it for a test drive. Check if everything is in order and, if you like, throw him an offer. IDK. How's the aftermarket for Saab's in the US?

Aftermarket support is basically purely online which is a bit of a bummer, the guy wants to set up a day to check it out to see if it's a good fit, trying to make some time free to try tomorrow maybe. I know this is also a 2.3t like the aero is it the same exact engine just turned down a bit power wise? 

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

Aftermarket support is basically purely online which is a bit of a bummer, the guy wants to set up a day to check it out to see if it's a good fit, trying to make some time free to try tomorrow maybe. I know this is also a 2.3t like the aero is it the same exact engine just turned down a bit power wise? 

That is "called" the B235E and the Aero one uses the B235R so, I think so.

Just now, JoaoPRSousa said:

That is "called" the B235E and the Aero one uses the B235R so, I think so.

Interesting, I wonder if you could essentially convert a non aero model into one. If not it's not the end of the world. Could always maybe build the motor a bit to handle more boost? 

41 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Here's the pic as promised. Threw it on when I got to school (which took 50 minutes for 7 miles  today -_-)

Still a bit of morning dew on it from when I took it off at home. Shook it off but there was a lot lol, hope it doesn't slowly soak my trunk over time. So that's one aggravating thing about it. 

But it it's so quick to throw on/take off I love it.

image.jpeg

That thing is sharp! I wish I could keep the Accord looking that good. 

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

9 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Interesting, I wonder if you could essentially convert a non aero model into one. If not it's not the end of the world. Could always maybe build the motor a bit to handle more boost? 

I was wondering if that was possible was well, but I couldn't find anything online... It might be. Either more boost or a bigger turbo (and bigger bills)... 

Edited by JoaoPRSousa
eating words wtf

230.JPG

It's cheap as fuck (considering my budget is gonna be around 6k) but 230bhp on a first car, my parents would be like

oh-heeeell-to-the-no.gif

4 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

I was if that was possible was well, but I couldn't find anything online... It might be. Either more boost or a bigger turbo (and bigger bills)... 

If I was to do anything really I'd maybe want to add a bit more boost. Custom exhaust, intake, bov, and maybe intercooler? But that would be the plans for the entire life of the car really 

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

It's probably almost as heavy as my truck and fwd I'm assuming. 230 hp isn't that crazy of a figure. 

Weight wise, IDK, it might be xD

FWD, unfortunately, yes.

It is when the most powerful car on the house has 170BHP (and a SHIT TON OF TORQUE, '06 520d E60)

5 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

It's cheap as fuck (considering my budget is gonna be around 6k) but 230bhp on a first car, my parents would be like

honestly my parents dont care how much power my car has, as long as i bought it myself. so if i wanted to buy a lambo, i would, if i had the money. but 15 grand is my budget, and the e39 m5 seems to be in that range.

2 minutes ago, terrytek said:

honestly my parents dont care how much power my car has, as long as i bought it myself. so if i wanted to buy a lambo, i would, if i had the money. but 15 grand is my budget, and the e39 m5 seems to be in that range.

One of the main problems here is that I won't buy a car by myself (I wish I could, god dammit)...

The most powerful car I can get within my budget is a Volvo S80 T6, 272BHP. But I don't want that thing...

I want a nice first car that I can daily drive, not a boat xD