Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Just now, terrytek said:

i do, but being 12, he just seems to be 80 percent annoying and 20 percent actual brother. and that 20 percent rarely shows ever.

My parent's split when I was in 3rd grade, so most of my life it was just me, my mom, and my sister, so I was the only guy

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

8 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

My parent's split when I was in 3rd grade, so most of my life it was just me, my mom, and my sister, so I was the only guy

at least you had your sister to entertain you and such. i honestly feel bad for anybody who is an only child, because they have nobody else that can provide them love other than their parents.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

3 minutes ago, terrytek said:

at least you had your sister to entertain you and such. i honestly feel bad for anybody who is an only child, because they have nobody else that can provide them love other than their parents.

Yeah but her and I never got along, she's very self entitled, thinks the world revolves around her, that type of a person

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

Yeah but her and I never got along, she's very self entitled, thinks the world revolves around her, that type of a person

oh, i hate those kind of people. but tbh my brother is somewhat the same.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just now, terrytek said:

oh, i hate those kind of people. but tbh my brother is somewhat the same.

I'm used to it, it happens

I have 4 sisters who are all younger than me, as of today I'm 19 and they are -- 15, 11, 9, and 2

lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

I have 4 sisters who are all younger than me, as of today I'm 19 and they are -- 15, 11, 9, and 2

lol

My sister is 15, so I know that pain man, I'm 18 myself

My sister is 15, so I know that pain man, I'm 18 myself

She isn't that bad. She iust doesn't talk to me much. But honestly she's probably just like I was at that age. 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

She isn't that bad. She iust doesn't talk to me much. But honestly she's probably just like I was at that age. 

Lucky..

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

lol

must be a house of hell xD

jk but seriously that's a lot of siblings.  i couldn't handle that at all.

Just now, RevoltTrain said:

Lucky..

oh yeah i forgot to mention, i do have a 20 (or 21? i don't see him everyday) year old stepbrother from when my dad was married to someone else, and though i don't see him very often (like once every couple years since college), i still treat him like family.

4 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

I have an older brother, 21. Useless fuck he is. Gearhead tho.

"useless fuck he is" that's a way to put it.....

I only have one blood sibling, but I see my friends as brothers, and my mom sees them as their own kids too, so in a way I've got another 8 brothers :D, not really, but still

34 minutes ago, terrytek said:

Only child from a broken home, I was socially awkward to say the least.

3 minutes ago, NavyCuda said:

Only child from a broken home, I was socially awkward to say the least.

Super awkward here, but for other reasons

5 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

Spotted an Audi rs4 today

IMG_20160914_160712.jpg

I did some car spotting on the way to get some clothes for college.

CL63

Maybach 62

Bentley V8 S Convertible

Some rusted, rat style skoda felicia and a Z4M.

Also found out my mums not a fan of cars like the 7 series

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

Don't think this was posted, was it?

Don't think this was posted, was it?

5 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

M8, do you have Alzheimer or sumtin? Jk :P

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

1 minute ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

M8, do you have Alzheimer or sumtin? Jk :P

Oh. Not my brightest moment, ehh I'm tired and I'm gonna blame it on my ADHD, yeah, let's go with that, that's too funny to act like it didn't happen though

14 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

If you could have any brand new car what would you choose? Let's say under 50K USD

I'd have to throw it between a 370Z Nismo, WRX STI Limited, Mustang, Focus RS, and Miata, you guys?

Tough choice. Can you get a Lexus RC in a manual? If not, g37 coupe. (or whatever the new one is called) 

35 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

lol

Happy Birthday!!! 

I'm 18, and have 3 younger brothers at the ages of 15, 13, and 10. They're pretty annoying most if the time, but they're good kids for the most part. 

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

24 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

I did some car spotting on the way to get some clothes for college.

CL63

Maybach 62

Bentley V8 S Convertible

Some rusted, rat style skoda felicia and a Z4M.

Also found out my mums not a fan of cars like the 7 series

I used to scan the (Forza) horizon (3) for cars whenever i was walking somewere but now i dont really care: see a cool car, take pic, done. While i used to: see cool car, take pic, walk around car, take a few more pics, done.

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

1 minute ago, Strando123 said:

I used to scan the (Forza) horizon (3) for cars whenever i was walking somewere but now i dont really care: see a cool car, take pic, done. While i used to: see cool car, take pic, walk around car, take a few more pics, done.

Im usually not in a position to take a photo since im usually just walking along with my friend going somewhere or im on the bus while the other car is usually driving the other way. The only things I can usually take pics of are an 840ci and a MK2 Focus RS since they're always parked in the same place. A lot of the time tho its just. 'oh look, a porsche, nice'

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h