Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

18 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Interesting, I wonder if you could essentially convert a non aero model into one. If not it's not the end of the world. Could always maybe build the motor a bit to handle more boost? 

What year was the saab again?

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Just now, techswede said:

What year was the saab again?

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Just now, JoaoPRSousa said:

After a proper service and some fixes if it needs it there is always the BSR tuning kits. 

Stage 3 allegedly ups the power from 170bhp to 265bhp and 425nm's of torque. 

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

mother_of_god_by_rober_raik-d4cw2di.png

1 minute ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Saabs engines are pretty decent for power adding. 

There is a local guy with a snot green 900 that makes close to 600bhp (Or so i've heard anyway) 

Why you'd want 600ish bhp to the front wheels is beyond me though. Probably goes from 0-death pretty quick

Saabs engines are pretty decent for power adding. 

There is a local guy with a snot green 900 that makes close to 600bhp (Or so i've heard anyway) 

Why you'd want 600ish bhp to the front wheels is beyond me though. Probably goes from 0-death pretty quick

I mean more power than that through the front wheels isn't unheard of. There's a 700hp Prelude on 1320 video 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

6 minutes ago, techswede said:

After a proper service and some fixes if it needs it there is always the BSR tuning kits. 

Jesus. 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Just now, RevoltTrain said:

I mean more power than that through the front wheels isn't unheard of. There's a 700hp Prelude on 1320 video 

There was an article a while ago in the swedish car magazine "Bilsport" 

1000bhp volvo 850. Front wheel drive. 

1 minute ago, techswede said:

There was an article a while ago in the swedish car magazine "Bilsport" 

1000bhp volvo 850. Front wheel drive. 

That wouldn't be as bad I feel like, it's heavier and longer than the Prelude, but then again that probably doesn't matter enough to make up for 300hp worth of difference though

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

Jesus. 

Don't know if i could personally say go for it though.

Getting spares would be a pain i'd imagine. (As it is with my chevy) 

Its doable. But the shipping isn't fun.

They are pretty good cars though. Judging by how toooons of people drive them around here and i've heard very little bad stuff

Don't know if i could personally say go for it though.

Getting spares would be a pain i'd imagine. (As it is with my chevy) 

Its doable. But the shipping isn't fun.

They are pretty good cars though. Judging by how toooons of people drive them around here and i've heard very little bad stuff

Yeah I'm looking more for a DD than anything else. Always a possibilty to buy a second car down the line and mess around with adding power to the Saab, if things go well that is. I'm getting ahead of myself a bit 

@Maybach123 @JoaoPRSousa 

The collection is still pretty small, by my standards. Those three RSs were Majorette models - slightly pricier, but their range is very limited. The below is what HotWheels has done - 993 GT2 (regular and premium casts, which I have both), 997 GT3RS (premium Euro Style cast), and 991 GT3RS (standard cast).

I know there are more (I have a 356A, not pictured) and the hunt is always the best part. Porsches are still quite rare :)

DSC03823.JPG

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

9 hours ago, GlassBomb said:

Dash cover + Airbag = Bad time.

Actually i was only planning on using it when parked. Not sure if i want to drive with it on.

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

5 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

@Maybach123 @JoaoPRSousa 

The collection is still pretty small, by my standards. Those three RSs were Majorette models - slightly pricier, but their range is very limited. The below is what HotWheels has done - 993 GT2 (regular and premium casts, which I have both), 997 GT3RS (premium Euro Style cast), and 991 GT3RS (standard cast).

I know there are more (I have a 356A, not pictured) and the hunt is always the best part. Porsches are still quite rare :)

DSC03823.JPG

we have an old 959 hot wheels somewhere. it's pretty damaged though. I think I have a couple Carrera GTs in my bin of cars, along with a blue enzo. (these are all the $1 ones you get at Walmart though.)

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

Most of them are a super tight fit and don't fold well from what I've heard. The good ones are super close to interior color so it's not going to be out of place

ohh then i might like it a bit better.

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

48 minutes ago, terrytek said:

honestly my parents dont care how much power my car has, as long as i bought it myself. so if i wanted to buy a lambo, i would, if i had the money. but 15 grand is my budget, and the e39 m5 seems to be in that range.

Forgot to add that I'd rather have fun in a slow car than not have any fun in a fast car. Speed limits here are quite shit (even tho no one gives a shit ;))

4 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

This is excellent news!

Additionally, the new front-engine V-12 coupe is rumored to feature significantly smaller dimensions as well as reduced weight. Ferrari rates the lightweight F12tdf’s curb weight at 3,351 pounds.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

2 minutes ago, Wedsea040 said:

I don't think any of us will be able to benefit from this though lol

It's still nice to see a manufacturer like Ferrari not joining the dark side and keeping *some* engines naturally aspirated.

That's why I love Lamborghini :D

1 minute ago, Wedsea040 said:

I don't think any of us will be able to benefit from this though lol

Likely not, but a step away from the current scheme of cars progressively getting bigger and heavier is a step in the correct direction if you ask me.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

What about Porsche? Their cars are remaining mostly naturally aspirated

The 911 line went all boosted now...

You don't want me mentioning all the brands that mostly use naturally aspirated engines, do you xD

Just now, Wedsea040 said:

There are more lines than the 911...

Sorry, I thought we were talking about Porsches... :P

13 minutes ago, Wedsea040 said:

the only cars from porsche worth buying that are not turbos are the gt4 and 911 r

Edit and the gt3 rs

1 minute ago, Wedsea040 said:

I'm confused. I thought we were? I was saying that they still have a number of naturally aspirated cars such as the 718's and the Cayennes and whatnot, even though in 2017 all 911's are going turbo

It was a joke about the only real Porsche being a 911. Dont worry too much about it.

But yes of course they do make several NA models as well.