Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

2 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

To be fair there's only 40-60K on the JDM H23 that's swapped in

ok 4500 max. doubt he's gonna get 5 grand on it. and i don't really trust engine swaps tbh. but whatever.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

ok 4500 max. doubt he's gonna get 5 grand on it. and i don't really trust engine swaps tbh. but whatever.

5K is just a starting point though really. I don't have an issue with engine swaps. When Justin lived here his Prelude had an engine swap and it was fine

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

10 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I made an offer of $11. If he accepts I'll get it. :P 

Maybe if we group buy he'll cut you a deal lol. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

you guys think that chameleon tint would look good on the accord?

IMG_20160612_154756.jpg

IMG_20160520_202336.jpg

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

2 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

IMG_20160612_154756.jpg

Trying to figure that out with the Lude if I get it. Him and I talked price, I love the car, and he's bringing it down this month. 99% sure I'll call it mine soon

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

3 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

IMG_20160612_154756.jpg

yes.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

3 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Trying to figure that out with the Lude if I get it. Him and I talked price, I love the car, and he's bringing it down this month. 99% sure I'll call it mine soon

prelude would look awesome with it.

2 minutes ago, terrytek said:

yes.

maybe i'll do it. hmm...

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

@FuzzyYellow just curious does your accord have the led taillights? or is it one from the pre facelift?

prelude would look awesome with it.

maybe i'll do it. hmm...

It's not too expensive, I may do it just to see if I like it

Only issue I can see with the Prelude is head and leg room with the stock seats. (I'm 6'5") So I may have to buy something else for a seat after buying the car

4 minutes ago, terrytek said:

@FuzzyYellow just curious does your accord have the led taillights? or is it one from the pre facelift?

it's a 2006, so it has the LED taillights.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

1 minute ago, FuzzyYellow said:

it's a 2006, so it has the LED taillights.

ever thought about a tint or smoke on those taillights? i mean even a mild tint might improve its looks.

2 minutes ago, terrytek said:

ever thought about a tint or smoke on those taillights? i mean even a mild tint might improve its looks.

i have, but most tint is kinda dark, and I don't want to do anything permanent. If i get the chameleon tint, I might try that.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

part of me wishes that the nissan stagea was sold in america. i can do crazy shit like this.

plus its got many skyline underpinnings, like the transmission, and i can put an r34 front end on it.

i have, but most tint is kinda dark, and I don't want to do anything permanent.

i mean have you tried putting window tint on it? that might work the same way on taillights as it does on windows, and there might be some pretty light options.

2 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Haha, dick. :P

a sales person doesn't give 2 sh*ts about ripping me off, therefore I don't give 2 sh*ts about wasting their time

33 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Anyone on Forza Apex able to beat my 2:27 lap time around Rio full track?

EDIT: now its 2:24

if it was any other track I'd be up for the challenge, but that track I can't bring myself to care about...

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

4 minutes ago, terrytek said:

part of me wishes that the nissan stagea was sold in america. i can do crazy shit like this.

plus its got many skyline underpinnings, like the transmission, and i can put an r34 front end on it.

i mean have you tried putting window tint on it? that might work the same way on taillights as it does on windows, and there might be some pretty light options.

that's true. like I said in the edit, I might try the Chameleon stuff if I get it.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

so is the Chameleon tint going to be a LTT Car thread membership badge? :P lol

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, warmmilk said:

a sales person doesn't give 2 sh*ts about ripping me off, therefore I don't give 2 sh*ts about wasting their time

I completely agree with you.

it should be. now i'm real tempted to buy some and put it on the protege.

Guess I'll never have a membership badge, I think it looks extremely gaudy.

5 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

I might even try the rear lights because they're clear on my car. Thats if its not distracting. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

Love my Audi B5. Can't wait to go APR Stage 1!

oQkIjwj.jpg

rpyiTS7.jpg

Project Cobalt: 

CPU: AMD FX 8370 Motherboard:

Asus M5A97 R2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 GPU:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT H440 (Blue)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB +  2x 1TB WD Cavier Blue

PSU: Corsair 750G2 

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220X

Keyboard: Model M + a lot of others 

Mouse: Logitech G502

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

3 minutes ago, terrytek said:

lmao you have all these things you plan on doing but i question whether you are old enough or even have enough income to budget for it all? :P 

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

2 minutes ago, BOT Edward said:

lmao you have all these things you plan on doing but i question whether you are old enough or even have enough income to budget for it all? :P 

not as of now. i'm planning for the future :D 

3 minutes ago, Mattr567 said:

Love my Audi B5. Can't wait to go APR Stage 1!

oQkIjwj.jpg

rpyiTS7.jpg

ah, haven't seen you for a while. how's the audi treating you?

Autocross this friday afternoon in NJ if anyone is unemployed like me

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

this is awesome 2 vw 4 cylinder aircooled engines together essentially makeing a 908 engine 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/