Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

OHMYGOD PLEASE DO IT

To have something with red honda emblems stateside.

ill consider it but im not sure the parts are even out there ill probably go on the crosley forums see if anyone is selling one 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Its overused but I quite like it on white paint. Its so good. But yes, just yes. Buzz 'em and boost 'em. Make some good power out of them. yaasss.

Yeah true, that white Type R is awesome looking. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

See about mounting an LED backlit boost guage  :lol:

it does not sound that great (not sure if its the mic quality or what)

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

it does not sound that great (not sure if its the mic quality or what)

One time my co-worker didn't adjust the valves on a 22re when we were doing a head job (basically our machine guy said "he did it") It sounded exactly like this, so we had to pull the valve cover and re-do it.

Thats exactly what it sounded like.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

CLADAKCLADACKEDTYCLACKCLACKCALrugaCLACKCLACKKAKAKLAKALAKA

What did your machine guy do wrong? Just not know what he was doing?

I don't think he knows anything aside from... well machining stuff. My first engine job was a rebuild by him. Ran ok for us, gave it to the customer and not even 24 hours later he came back and it was knocking. Had to send it back to him and he tore it down and only the mains were destroyed. He put a crank kit in it and my theory is that he didn't use the right size mains and didn't plastigauge. 

Then more recently he did a S10 4.3l motor. Somehow he screwed up the timing cover and broke a piece off. It dumped oil, but we were able to silicone it and it held. Would have to pull the motor to fix it properly. Then recently (cause the customer hasn't paid so we still got it) we found out the headgaskets are leaking externally. So we gotta do heads on it if the customer decides to pay. 

No other machine guy/rebuilder in town. Sooo yeah. I've also had to redo a LOT of junkyard stuff so now we only do rebuild swaps from Jasper. 

So side curtain airbags are becoming a mandatory thing now and we will lose the few cars that still had somewhat thin A pillars? Grrr

If lotus pulls out of the us because of this I'm going to be angry

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

That sounds... Shitty.

I've had to redo a lot of shit that hasn't been my fault.

Ford f150 4.6 junkyard engine, externally leaking headgaskets. Cheaper for junkyard to send another engine (cause they don't refund labor). I hated this job the first time. Second time I was pissed.

Volvo s60 i5 turbo junkyard engine, blown in a week.

Aforementioned S10 was a redo cause it had a oil cooler leak and the owner neglected it (ran it 2 months and blew it up again without noticing the leak). 

older ford f250 manual trans, reverse grinds. I've now done this 4 times. First time the dude didn't want to replace the transmission and just wanted a clutch. 2nd time we replaced the transmission with a rebuild. Reverse quit working shortly after, warrantied it out to the rebuilder and reverse still didn't work. So now its being rebuilt by our transmission guy.

Damn... for somebody who was on the verge of not even having a drive this season, Meeke is once again proving his worth at Citroen. The fact that he can take time off Ogier, who won the event the past 2 years, shows that he has plenty of talent with the DS3 WRC despite being commonly referred to in past seasons as "the guy who keeps crashing out."

Oh, and he's one of the few Brits driving at the world class level in rally so y'all have that to root for. Neuville is also doing pretty well in the i20, showing that they've made good improvements with the platform - or at least until either he or Sordo clip a snow bank.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

One time my co-worker didn't adjust the valves on a 22re when we were doing a head job (basically our machine guy said "he did it") It sounded exactly like this, so we had to pull the valve cover and re-do it.

Thats exactly what it sounded like.

CLADAKCLADACKEDTYCLACKCLACKCALrugaCLACKCLACKKAKAKLAKALAKA

What did your machine guy do wrong? Just not know what he was doing?

this is what it should sound like

Freiburger and Dulcich drinking beer with the help of a fuel pump and jump leads

mgaSjdk.jpg

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

That Dude In Blue is basically building my dream car. Always wanted a 2JZ S13 Hatch in a bright blue or a nice orange

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

No, the "article" itself. 

The nice thing about the RS, is if it sells well maybe Honda will bring the real Type R to NA....

...nah probably not.

i thought they said they would next year. gg honda.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

They need to get their diesel department together. :\ and their ecoboost. Other than that, yeah Good Guy Ford.

well ecoboost is the reason why ford is considered really good today. a lot of power for not a lot of displacement. so small hatchbacks can be just as fun as naturally aspirated compact cars.

Terrytek is the new ford. Rep. Our last one has been replaced.

Yes, its been disabled according to godlygamer. I asked him about that and he said he heard that its been disabled.

as much as i love ford, i wouldn't ever buy a ford. they are nice and make good power for their size cars but i just don't see myself in one.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I feel like I'll find myself in a factory turbo'd Subaru of some nature this year. Seems like the perfect fit for me.

My favorite brand, AWD for our awful winters, and because they've got some power to them it'll be fun to toy around with

Sounds pretty reasonable to me anyway.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

sigh :/ got to my boring class in school and was going to make my SD card for my pi but there is something in the sd card slot on my computer so I cant slide the sd card in far enough to use it lol..

Looked in with my phone flashlight and its like  little yellow bead thing.. idk what it is.

tweezers or something to get it out...?

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

Yea, its a great engine, but carbon issues, issues with oil getting into the intake from the PCV, etc.

oil catch can and water injection lel

i mean yes it adds $1000 on to the top of the price of the car but it's well worth it imo.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I really like this, aren't the only differences between the Forester XT and Outback XT that the Outback has an inch more ground clearance and that it has 20 more HP?

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/5393739928.html

miata with a free supercharger: http://lafayette.craigslist.org/cto/5415675701.html

Spoiler

If I had the money I'd go make the long trip to go get that right now.

However that voids your warrenty from ford on a brand new car.

very true. But this is why I do not buy new cars in the first place. lol

Spoiler

If I had the money I'd go make the long trip to go get that right now.

haha. I actually could buy it right now.... it's tempting.

But it has 200K miles so right off the bat, it might need a new clutch, a motor rebuild (definetly before the supercharger gets installed), the supercharger may need a rebuild, Plus all the other misc issues you get with buying a 200K miles car like suspension (old bushings and stuff), steering, wheel bearings, etc. 

It's certainly quite a project. Will get expensive really quickly. Plus no pics of the interior means it very well could be destroyed. 

Spoiler

haha. I actually could buy it right now.... it's tempting.

But it has 200K miles so right off the bat, it might need a new clutch, a motor rebuild (definetly before the supercharger gets installed), the supercharger may need a rebuild, Plus all the other misc issues you get with buying a 200K miles car like suspension (old bushings and stuff), steering, wheel bearings, etc. 

It's certainly quite a project. Will get expensive really quickly. Plus no pics of the interior means it very well could be destroyed. 

Miata engines are known to live up to 400K on the normal. I really want it

Miata engines are known to live up to 400K on the normal. I really want it

but being the configuration of this miata is for performance... I don't think this one was grannied.

It's just stupid to risk an old motor with boost. Throw a rod and you have to replace the whole thing.

Spoiler

but being the configuration of this miata is for performance... I don't think this one was grannied.

It's just stupid to risk an old motor with boost. Throw a rod and you have to replace the whole thing.

That's true.