Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

New topic inspired by fuzzy's car search.

Bad things to see in an ad for a car

I'll start with.

"Does good burnouts"

"Maaad"

"woman driven"

"all highway miles"

"i know what i got"

"its a toyota/honda/whatever so it will last forever (has 300k miles)"

"mechanics special (everything is torn apart and thrown into the trunk, car looks like its been rolled off a cliff and landed in a river)"

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

We could compile a guide for the front page that i could put in a spoiler. So we could direct people there. Starting new threads on this forum nowadays is a fucking nightmare..

yes, yes. that could work real well. i think i'll handle the guide on what to look for in a used or new car.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Translation: burns oil, needs a clutch, rear brakes, and two new tires

and possibly an engine and transmission rebuild. :P

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

yes, yes. that could work real well. i think i'll handle the guide on what to look for in a used or new car.

Knock yourself out then

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

"woman driven"

"all highway miles"

"i know what i got"

"its a toyota/honda/whatever so it will last forever (has 300k miles)"

"mechanics special (everything is torn apart and thrown into the trunk, car looks like its been rolled off a cliff and landed in a river)"

I've seen four mechanics specials so far  :lol: Mostly with the text "Needs a bit of love" and pictures of the car before it was within the twenty kiloton blast radius of an amateur..

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

i feel like the only one who will make a guide that will have a link in the car thread.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

i feel like the only one who will make a guide that will have a link in the car thread.

I thought you were offering to do it yourself. (Judging by your last post)

I thought you were offering to do it yourself. (Judging by your last post)

yeah but i thought it was such a good idea that others will help pitch in and create other guides too. i can't do everything, you know. ;)

yeah but i thought it was such a good idea that others will help pitch in and create other guides too. i can't do everything, you know. ;)

i mean that could work, but i was gonna do a thread of text. whoops

Speak of the devel... Meeke just crashed out. Shame, he was in 2nd overall behind Ogier. Latvala also crashed out.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

My dad has a Porsche 911 Turbo.  Tonight someone got their car stolen from across the street.  Well...  Car experience anyone?

i mean that could work, but i was gonna do a thread of text. whoops

Adding those to the op later anyway. Some people seem to hate reading. Even on a forum.. Where all you do is read a lot of text

My dad has a Porsche 911 Turbo.  Tonight someone got their car stolen from across the street.  Well...  Car experience anyone?

just keep it in the garage.

just keep it in the garage.

Yup...  He would probably make them Quadriplegic.  Absolute Savage.

what year?

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

well im pretty much stuck inside my house the snow is so tall we couldnt get the g37 out let alone a crosley 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

well im pretty much stuck inside my house the snow is so tall we couldnt get the g37 out let alone a crosley 

ram the snow with your car :P

what year?

2006 or 2009.  I am positive it is 9 but I am not quite sure.

Snow day!  :lol:. It hasn't snowed much over here thankfully. Can't wait for winter to fuck off. 

Someday i'm moving to the south of France.. 

ram the snow with your car :P

i think the snow would do more damage to it then the car would do to the snow  :lol:

Snow day!  :lol:. It hasn't snowed much over here thankfully. Can't wait for winter to fuck off. 

Someday i'm moving to the south of France.. 

ill be living in Geneva once i am out of school setup a car meet in a few years   :P

ill be living in Geneva once i am out of school setup a car meet in a few years   :P

I'm hopefully able to move to somewhere in between Marseille and Montpellier in a few years.. I really can't stand snow

(Yes i know the french riviera is a lofty goal. But damn it is gorgeous down there.. And its far away from paris)

Trucks FTW :P

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Minor garage update:

Since it was above 0F today (finally) I decided to get a few projects done in the garage. I got around to mounting the work tops that I made, and mounted a new vise I just bought!

I wanted a 6" vise but ended up with a 5". The price almost doubles from 5" to 6" unfortunately. Oh well, I recon I can get just about everything I need done with this guy.

40lbs of steel, 3lbs of grease :P

2016-01-23%2015.47.30_zpsomp2sc7y.jpg

Pic of both tops mounted up:

2016-01-23%2016.19.58_zpsbvtlouif.jpg

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro