Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

I need a real job to fix my car problems... lel

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I need a real job to fix my car problems... lel

i need a job so i can buy a car :( 

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

Guys I got it... Next car

http://m.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=405635325

xD jk. These things actually have performance parts available... There's even turbo kits lol

Also I get the feeling an AWD version with a turbo and upgraded suspension and good tires and brakes would actually would be a quick little car, providing you found a way to stay put in the seats.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Guys I got it... Next car

http://m.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=405635325

xD jk. These things actually have performance parts available... There's even turbo kits lol

Also I get the feeling an AWD version with a turbo and upgraded suspension and good tires and brakes would actually would be a quick little car, providing you found a way to stay put in the seats.

lol my grandparents just got a buick that has a turbo charged inline 4, thing goes pretty good

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

Was reading through this thread on autox suspension configs for s10s and oh my god there's some great info on how to make these trucks out corner c4 vettes. Makes me wanna have a good handling truck. (did I trigger you @warmmilk ;) )

Came across this though. 255/40/18 tires (I think) and 18" wheels (duh) with a brake conversion to 2wd blazer to get dual piston front calipers (spelling on that?). Expensive part on that is hubs, and its a whole process, but it looks and stops great from what I've read.

This is just me but I don't think those wheels match an S10 too well.

Merry Christmas from the East Coast US (2AM)

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Was reading through this thread on autox suspension configs for s10s and oh my god there's some great info on how to make these trucks out corner c4 vettes. Makes me wanna have a good handling truck. (did I trigger you @warmmilk ;) )

Came across this though. 255/40/18 tires (I think) and 18" wheels (duh) with a brake conversion to 2wd blazer to get dual piston front calipers (spelling on that?). Expensive part on that is hubs, and its a whole process, but it looks and stops great from what I've read.

attachicon.gifs10 front wheels.jpg

actually if you go that route you have my full approval :D

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

Finally done with the celebrations...

as promised, more pics of the hill...

again, camera is level with the horizon....

97783089f3.jpg

9e120c3248.jpg

795549e000.jpg

We went up lighter than expected so there was no need to make two trips (thanks to my uncle who brought an Isuzu Crosswind (a 10-seater AUV/crossover with a 2.5L I4 diesel engine)...)

Dead tired right now from hauling stuff from the venue to the road 5 floors above...

Christmas Special:

(Haul so far is a GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition and a cool NA Miata shirt)

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

New RoadKill:

:D

New RoadKill:

:D

And another one on Motortrend on demand. 

Now i can finally discuss the nascarlo without spoilers <3

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

And another one on Motortrend on demand. 

Now i can finally discuss the nascarlo without spoilers <3

Probably going to subscribe to Motortrend On Demand with some Christmas money

All this talk about pickups is making me want one.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

I really want to pickup a 1994ish S10 and recreate our turdbucket S10, except with either a LS or maybe the 4.6L V8 V8 from a 2002ish Mustang

Its making me want another navara :/

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Also a new Walterrific video featuring a Forest Gump joke and Corgis (My favorite type of dog in the history of ever)

Anyone here have a Jeep Wrangler? More specifically a 2008-2015 model?

I am looking into likely buying one (used) for my first car soon. Anyone have any advice? I live in Maine so we get a good amount of snow, and I drive on dirt roads pretty regularly. I want something to have fun in as well.

I am likely going to buy a 4 door model, but I want a hard top so if it has a soft one I'm going to get a replacement. I will likely be putting an exhaust, light bar, and 35's on it eventually. I also would be getting it upfitted with emergency lights from my local volunteer fire department

Anyone here have a Jeep Wrangler? More specifically a 2008-2015 model?

I am looking into likely buying one (used) for my first car soon. Anyone have any advice? I live in Maine so we get a good amount of snow, and I drive on dirt roads pretty regularly. I want something to have fun in as well.

I am likely going to buy a 4 door model, but I want a hard top so if it has a soft one I'm going to get a replacement. I will likely be putting an exhaust, light bar, and 35's on it eventually. I also would be getting it upfitted with emergency lights from my local volunteer fire department

I know a millionaire that dailies one.

Not sure if that says something about the car or the person. (Wrangler sahara)

He said it was pretty reliable. But other than that i don't know.

Soo. Anyone else fall for the nascarlo?

Soo. Anyone else fall for the nascarlo?

I love it. So much