Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

All clean.

4110320fd5c8f050e285f20091769a9c.jpg

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

My dad got me a foglight kit for my car. Now I gotta cut up my bumper lol.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

All clean.

Soo damn tempted to book a flight just to straighten your hood out... 

Other than that it looks damn near new^^ Good job

But my god that hood is pissing me off.. Or it might be the fender.. Pissed off regardless

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Not particular theme here apart from them being cars of course. I need to post some goddamn sexiness. TAKE A SEAT, SHUT UP AND DROOL AT THE MAGNIFICENCE :)

Mine's Skyline BNR34 GT-R, a bloody rare car. I'm 27 next month and I've only ever seen one in my whole life.

MM97cJG.jpg

BNR34 Drag Car, rear tyre looks like it's going to be torn off the wheel.

IhoqX0P.jpg

XTe2GqW.jpg

gto6du1.jpg

BU9x7bv.jpg

Fj6b5N6.jpg

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Soo damn tempted to book a flight just to straighten your hood out... 

Other than that it looks damn near new^^ Good job

But my god that hood is pissing me off.. Or it might be the fender.. Pissed off regardless

lol I don't know how to fix it... it has some accident damage so idk if it is even fixable

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

G35 coolant loops are extremely hard to bleed perfectly.... And you have to get it like perfect else the heater will just refuse to work lol

I just spent 2 hours bleeding my dads car after draining some coolant... 2 whole hours!

Jacking up the front of the car, Putting it down, varying the RPM, jumping and shaking the car lol, backing up and moving forward while slamming on the brakes to get things moving. It took forever and I almost gave up lol, I revved it a bit then put everything back on (bleed screws and rad cap) and went for a drive and drive it like a race car pretty much for a couple miles on the back roads near my house and then went back home and parked it and let it idle for 5 minutes or so and there was still heat coming out of the vents so I guess that fixed it.... 2 hours later lol.

The problem isn't the loop by the engine, it's the heater, I guess air bubbles find there way to the heater core super easily and get stuck there.And then you'll only get heat when the engine is revving and not at idle... (Red lights and traffic are fun when it's cold out...)

Spoiler

I also cut myself while working (I do this a lot...) and got coolant on my cut... Am I going to die? Lol

Spoiler

Does anyone know how I can get my hands on a two door Fiesta 2.0L in the US? I still can't believe Ford doesn't make the coupe here in their own country.

Does anyone know how I can get my hands on a two door Fiesta 2.0L in the US? I still can't believe Ford doesn't make the coupe here in their own country.

What's wrong with the 3 door hatch over the coupé?

No I don't think you could get that over here legally but there are some exceptions to the rule so idk

Spoiler

What's wrong with the 3 door hatch over the coupé?

No I don't think you could get that over here legally but there are some exceptions to the rule so idk

No, here in the US we have *shudders* this:

post-2597-0-64052600-1451179016_thumb.jp

Not this beauty that I want solely so I can convert it 4WD, gut it, widen the shit out of it, and put in a performance 2.0L (I want a rally car if you can't tell):

post-2597-0-62888100-1451179098.jpg

No, here in the US we have *shudders* this:

Not this beauty that I want solely so I can convert it 4WD, gut it, widen the shit out of it, and put in a performance 2.0L (I want a rally car if you can't tell):

Oh wow didn't realize ours was a 4 door only. Well I hope you can import one.

Spoiler

Oh wow didn't realize ours was a 4 door only. Well I hope you can import one.

I do too... Super cheap car too, but the 4WD kit would cost more than the car...

You're fine. Just wash it real good.

Figured it probably happens a lot so no one ever warns you about it and that was the case.

I did wash my hands though real good as you should do with any cut lol.

Spoiler

get a golf :P

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Hmm, speaking of Skylines I just remembered that I still have a model of one that my boyfriend got me that I was supposed to put together. It's been three months and still zero progress lol

vDzUChM.jpg

l6VJCJF.jpg

"Rawr XD"

Also just remembered I forgot to show you guys what the E46 I've been driving looks like.

nuDi6j9.jpg

Some guy at my school has one as well, same year (04) and model (325xi)

nGwRtte.jpg

"Rawr XD"

Also just remembered I forgot to show you guys what the E46 I've been driving looks like.

Some guy at my school has one as well, same year (04) and model (325xi)

What parallel universe are you living in

I recognize the surroundings but not the weather

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

What parallel universe are you living in

Hot Topic.

I recognize the surroundings but not the weather

These pics were taken like, a month ago

"Rawr XD"

I also cut myself while working (I do this a lot...) and got coolant on my cut... Am I going to die? Lol

My friend managed to accidentally swallow coolant the other day... the HIV jokes spread around the school a lot quicker than I thought they would have.

"Rawr XD"

so probably not car related, but we decided to stay the weekend at my cousin's house in the mountains. it's actually pretty cozy. not big nor luxurious, but it's cozy, and it's got a pretty big basement. but the basement sometimes smells like deer crap. and it was one hell of a drive too. basically 2 hours of traffic just to drive 60 miles to the mountains, but we didn't need chains, not until we had to get into the house's driveway. it's like a 50 degree angle and it was basically impossible for my uncle's 4wd pathfinder to get out of the driveway, even with chains. good day.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Urgh... It snowed.. A lot tonight

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

When your new turbo setup spools up

MWGmqW0.jpg

Urgh... It snowed.. A lot tonight

urgh it didn't snow here

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/