Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

5 minutes ago, vetali said:

Its okay, I am sure ZF will trickle it down from JDM godcars to your plebeian German shitheaps.

Or even a Chevy Trax.

Might have to steal a 10 speed from one of those, land rovers, i hear theyve got the aggression of the gear ratios spot on

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

4 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Timing chains, wear gearboxes, dual mass failures, steering rack failure, turbo solenoids, piss poor infotainment systems, eml that are always confused for a service light, heater motors burning out (literally) etc

All things I've seen at multiple places of work, but ignore me im just a clueless forum boomer 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

No gear ratio failures or faulty backup cameras? Potential godcar material 😱

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

Just now, vetali said:

No gear ratio failures or faulty backup cameras? Potential godcar material 😱

Im sure the gear ratios failed quite spectacularly in one, found bits of them bouncing round the bellhousing

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

2 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Might have to steal a 10 speed from one of those, land rovers, i hear theyve got the aggression of the gear ratios spot on

need to go for a mustang one for the aggressive gear ratios and yeeet a spark plug or 2x at the same time 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

1 minute ago, PandaCopyRight said:

need to go for a mustang one for the aggressive gear ratios and yeeet a spark plug or 2x at the same time 

Nah these ones are that aggressive they had to make special 2 piece crankshafts just to contain them

All we're missing is a Tesla person to come in to talk about how they have no gears and no transmission and they're the superior human for owning one.

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

All we're missing is a Tesla person to come in to talk about how they have no gears and no transmission and they're the superior human for owning one.

That one is a given.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

52 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

That one is a given.

My car has no gears and transmission (neutral dropped it trying to race a hot-shot in his V6 Accord and grenaded it)...

Bow down before me.

Main PC: Ryzen 1600 @4GHz, 16GB 2933 MHz DDR4, 1060 6GB blower card.

Laptop: ThinkPad T580 (i5, iGPU, FHD, 16GB RAM, 256 SSD+1TB HDD). Used with both the regular and extended-run batteries (RIP power bridge).

46 minutes ago, lboolaka_33 said:

My car has no gears and transmission (neutral dropped it trying to race a hot-shot in his V6 Accord and grenaded it)...

Bow down before me.

So the more transmissions you have the lower down in the social ladder you are?

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

Yes. Which means that scum Taycan owners must bow to glorious owners of the Chevrolet Spark EV.

Laptop: ThinkPad T580 (i5, iGPU, FHD, 16GB RAM, 256 SSD+1TB HDD). Used with both the regular and extended-run batteries (RIP power bridge).

15 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Only if they arent aggressive 

7 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

Timing chains, wear gearboxes, dual mass failures, steering rack failure, turbo solenoids, piss poor infotainment systems, eml that are always confused for a service light, heater motors burning out (literally) etc

All things I've seen at multiple places of work, but ignore me im just a clueless forum boomer 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

So issues most other ICE vehicles could potentially have when not taken well care of, also the infotainment is better than a BMW of its era.

Indeed this part of the forum caters to clueless boomers. The fact that some of you are joking over EVs further goes to show it.

4 hours ago, lboolaka_33 said:

Bow down before me.

This should carry a death penalty.

21 minutes ago, IPD said:

This should carry a death penalty.

Honestly, I'd love to try a neutral-drop if I ever have a car that's about to need a new transmission anyways. 

Apparently this guy has done a bunch in a Subaru Legacy:

https://youtu.be/JbdFfA6TQOs

According to the comments, it is, or at least was a daily occurrence. I feel really bad for that old 4-speed lol.

Hopefully picking up some new shoes for the Explorer this weekend. Jeep takeoffs with 32s on em, oughta be perfect once I've got my 3 inch lift on

(Example of said stockers)

Also found out this whole time my car has been on 27.5" tall tires instead of the 29.5" tall it shoulda left the factory with, so the 32s are gonna seem even bigger

n0z1e7345eb81.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

30 minutes ago, lboolaka_33 said:

Honestly, I'd love to try a neutral-drop if I ever have a car that's about to need a new transmission anyways. 

Apparently this guy has done a bunch in a Subaru Legacy:

https://youtu.be/JbdFfA6TQOs

According to the comments, it is, or at least was a daily occurrence. I feel really bad for that old 4-speed lol.

Having owned a 3/S for nearly 15 years, I'm sad to say that the "neutral drop" is an all too common occurrence among sports-car culture where idiots who have automatics think they can get the "performance/features/mystique" of a manual by trying to abuse an auto like it's a manual.

And the sad thing is, it's not even THAT difficult to learn how to power-brake.  And beating a manual (same make/model) off the line is usually as easy as having a shift kit and a higher-stall torque-converter added.  But instead, a know-nothing will just slam it into gear at redline rpm and expect a miracle to prevent transmission destruction.

2 hours ago, Motifator said:

So issues most other ICE vehicles could potentially have when not taken well care of, also the infotainment is better than a BMW of its era.

Indeed this part of the forum caters to clueless boomers. The fact that some of you are joking over EVs further goes to show it.

You asked for examples, I gave a brief list of some that they can and do have a lot of and you still dismiss them because "most other" cars can have them. 

But sure, you keep thinking theyre perfect with their "aggressive gear ratios" whatever that fuckin means and calling everyone with a different opinion a "clueless boomer"

Oh no we got called boomers again. One more time and we'll be forced to eat at a Golden Corral

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

24 minutes ago, vetali said:

Oh no we got called boomers again. One more time and we'll be forced to eat at a Golden Corral

Oh man I don’t know how that place even exists still. The food is so bad lol

my parents hate it too lol 😂 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

Oh man I don’t know how that place even exists still. The food is so bad lol

my parents hate it too lol 😂 

The line of geriatrics waiting to get in tells me its still booming. Enough oxygen tanks in there at rush hour to level a street block.

4 hours ago, Motifator said:

clueless boomers

I'm glad to know 20yr's is boomer status. Fuck the rest of people here are already in the crypt if that's the case.

1 hour ago, vetali said:

me n my homies parked at Golden Corral in the god car, it has a backup camera

Golden Corral Buffet & Grill 5207 San Mateo Blvd NE Albuquerque, NM  Restaurants - MapQuest

looney-tunes-yosemite-sam.gif

Fucking floor is still dirty...

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

11 hours ago, IPD said:

Having owned a 3/S for nearly 15 years, I'm sad to say that the "neutral drop" is an all too common occurrence among sports-car culture where idiots who have automatics think they can get the "performance/features/mystique" of a manual by trying to abuse an auto like it's a manual.

And the sad thing is, it's not even THAT difficult to learn how to power-brake.  And beating a manual (same make/model) off the line is usually as easy as having a shift kit and a higher-stall torque-converter added.  But instead, a know-nothing will just slam it into gear at redline rpm and expect a miracle to prevent transmission destruction.

Didn't realize it was that common. Insane what some people will do to perfectly working cars. 

You'd figure that group of drivers would just buy a manual from the get-go and call it a day.