Boycott Proposal to Improve Gaming

AlTech
7 minutes ago, -TesseracT- said:

Wait, are you talking about Valve taking 30 % from game sales or 30 % from community item sales? If you mean the first, I agree with you.

both. I really don't know how much all games make. Something like FIFA's ultimate team certainly does not need more money. But Steam has a million games and those that make millions of dollars are just a few. I don't know to what point certain games and companies really have to do day one DLC or lootboxes because they real need to to pay Steam and taxes and still make money. Less big profile games but still AAA.

So yes, i think Steam should be on the list. Even if i do not agree with the list.

Yeah the only "AAA Games" I'm buying this year are Metro Exodus, and maybe Cyberpunk 2077 if it ends up coming out this year.

Problem is, 99%  of the people out there will react to this by saying "oh no one's going to listen or make a difference so why bother?" and then fulfill that prophecy by not listening or bothering. It's a function of cognitive dissonance.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I’ve been doing this for years. I haven’t ever bought a loot box outside of mobile gaming. 

You cannot pursuade the people that spend their money as they enjoy the games. Just buy the games from companies not doing paid dlc and whatnot. It’s the only solution to your problem. The industry won’t change as soon as your hoping. Too many people like buying things as they can. 

2 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

That article is old and frankly is written by someone who doesn't understand the gaming industry.

The price has remained the same because there are falling costs. Game Engines cost less money, hardware costs less money etc.

The biggest expense in making a video game in 2018 is the marketing budget. That's how much the price of every other cost has gone down. Admittedly the cost of hiring devs and QA has gone up but games still cost a lot less to make than they used to.

Not sure if relevant for you or anyone else but I got a question:

How old are you? Just my curiosity. Don't need to tell it if you feel uncomfortable. I would guess between 20 and 25, which would make sense to me the reason for this thread.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

TLDR: don’t buy fun games for a month and accomplish nothing.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Try posting this too and getting support from Reddit as well.

Linus is my fetish.

Yeah, I'm not going along with this stupid idea.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

17 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

TLDR: don’t buy fun games for a month and accomplish nothing.

Well nvm then, that's not going to accomplish anything. The only thing that would is not buying games with MTX.

Linus is my fetish.

3 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

Yeah the only "AAA Games" I'm buying this year are Metro Exodus, and maybe Cyberpunk 2077 if it ends up coming out this year.

Problem is, 99%  of the people out there will react to this by saying "oh no one's going to listen or make a difference so why bother?" and then fulfill that prophecy by not listening or bothering. It's a function of cognitive dissonance.

You really think 20-50 people on a forum are going to make a difference? The only thing that might is if Linus posted something about it, but thats probably not going to happen

2 hours ago, Abyss Gaming said:

You really think 20-50 people on a forum are going to make a difference? The only thing that might is if Linus posted something about it, but thats probably not going to happen

Well I mean reedit did the whole EA boycott recently and that net neutrality stuff,  but then again reedit is massive. 

Linus is my fetish.

Eh, won't change anything I buy. If I want to play a game, I'll buy it. I don't think any of the games I've bought include those mechanics though.

I won't boycott all games though. I'm not going to punish those who try to do good even if they are under one of those labels.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

some off these companies are actually pretty good when it comes to handling to micro transactions like blizzard and steam,

Here are reasons this won't work

1- all of people don't care and want to play games they payed for

2- some people already really like these games and won't stop for the " Greater good of the gaming industry "

3- These corporations won't really be affected even if this gets off the ground because the men in suits will still have money and just cut people like animators, writers, etc to keep there money

4- the problem it self comes from mobile games like mobile games like the parent company of Supercell that owns Clash of clans/ royale have actually passed EA in worth so to make a serious impact you need to boycott mobile also 

5- DLC and Micro transactions are how you pay for games continuation now a days because like Blizzard isn't selling enough copies of Overwatch now to continue be profitable on its own and micro transactions have the game begin free of DLC and Micro transactions that effect game play no matter how many times you tell me it does 

and thats why this won't work 

edit  Valve not steam lol soryy :D

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

10 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Umm no. They're making ludicrous amounts of money. Each AAA Game publisher is making tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars (or in other cases billions) of dollars. 

For them it's no longer about making a profit. They're well past that. For them it's about making as much money as physically possible and squeezing every last dime from each consumer.

Well for a game like overwatch and there is no effect on buying skins on the game except visuals and after killing someone what you says 

and with no paided DLC I think its a model example of how a game should be played and the problem is that the community of phone "gamers" brought us to this because making a free game that is a addicting as hell then making micro transactions to get gud can be very appealing to a little kid how wants a sense of accomplishment and the success this model has had made its way into "real" gaming so for your boycott to work you need to stop both sides mobile and PC/Console 

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

22 minutes ago, Arokhantos said:

Happily keeps on buying lootboxes :D

Also you think game devs are earning a shit ton of money already look no further then Ubisoft they have Vivendi breathing down there necks the very same one's that owned activision blizzard untill they bought them self out.

Games often get pirated so they have to resort to some stuff which some we won't like some we can life with, i suggest you accept it instead of risking them to opt in for something much worse, i still remember the great gaming depression of 2012 where nothing good came out at all and i grew insanely bored, so i'm pretty glad we have good games like Overwatch now, if you don't like it that is fine by me, but stop forcing things onto others.

In my case with tf2... Keeps happily buying case keys and the occasional case from the market that someone got from a drop.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Why boycott Nintendo? At least they're releasing good games! Are we boycotting them due to their Youtube behavior? I couldn't care less since I'm not a Youtuber and think the Youtubers should be fighting this without me. 

Square Enix? 

Bandai Namco?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

4 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

Why boycott Nintendo? At least they're releasing good games! Are we boycotting them due to their Youtube behavior? I couldn't care less since I'm not a Youtuber and think the Youtubers should be fighting this without me. 

Square Enix? 

Locking BS content behind DLC that can't be purchased outside of upfront purchase bundle with the game.

Excessive Micro-transactions in paid games.

Failing to support games for any reasonable length of time.

and a fair few other reasons.

4 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

Bandai Namco?

Augment your Pre order BS, micro-transactions, 

and just shit behavior in general.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

18 hours ago, Abyss Gaming said:

Thank you for proving my point.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

2 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

Thank you for proving my point.

Um no. Did I ever say I wouldn't do it? Very rarely do I buy aaa games anyways. The only major one I own is fallout 4(I think) I'm just the realistic one here who knows a corporation isn't going to care unless you can get a bite in its sales, which good luck doing that lol

With some exceptions, work and personal life has left me so busy that i typically don't buy games anymore until they're a year or 2 old, cheap and fully complete.  I need to focus on that backlog...

Can you provide some actual examples for why the hell Nintendo is on there.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402