Intel i7-8809G Chip with Radeon Vega Graphics appears on Intel's India Website

Tataffe

Intel published information about the chip on its indian website.

The fact that it is listed as a Core i7-8000 series processor might make users think that this is a Coffee Lake processor, its most recently launched mainstream processor line that bears the 8000 series name. However, the Coffee Lake based Core i7 parts all have six cores, while this only has four, which would suggest it is more likely to be Kaby Lake processor. Another arrow pointing to Kaby Lake is the fact that the Intel Graphics is called ‘HD Graphics 630’, which was renamed as UHD Graphics with Coffee Lake. Third arrow is the memory support, which is up to DDR4-2400, matching Kaby Lake whereas Coffee Lake supports DDR4-2666 on its Core i7 parts. Then another nail in this story is that for a longest time, this part has been unofficially named ‘Kaby-G’.

mCEcZE6.png

AnandTech also compared this against current Intel chips:

WwelJCA.png

Good times ahead, if you ask me. Better than the recent years, at least when it comes to the CPU side of things.

Source

Edit: Thanks for all your replies! There are some obvious questions that I didn't have the time to cover yesterday so here is some more info.

I think that this is not going to be a problem for AMD's APU sales. The reason for that is that Intel was going to make these kind of processors anyway, and if AMD had not worked with them, they would have used an Nvidia GPU instead. I actually assume that there were negotiations with both GPU makers with AMD winning, probably because of their pricing, but that is speculation on my part. If someone has more info, feel free to correct this.

A little more about the graphics chip:

The AMD graphics portion of the chip is listed as Radeon RX Vega, confirming that it is using AMD’s latest Vega architecture. It is called the ‘Vega M GH Graphics’, which is fairly undefined at this point. The website does not state exactly how many compute units are in the GPU, so it is unclear if ‘GH’ is going to indicate how powerful it is, or something else.

Back when Intel announced this product was coming to market (without any details of specific numbers), we were told that the graphics would have access to high bandwidth memory, HBM2, and it would be connected to the AMD graphics using Intel’s EMIB technology. At this time we still do not have confirmation of how much HBM2 memory is in place with this product, although most media expect it to be 2GB or 4GB.

There is a little confusion about how the thing will actually look like, since it is listed together with socketable desktop processors, not mobile chips, while the renders show a product that looks like it would be soldered to the motherboard. Also I'm not sure how cooling is going to work with this arrangement of heatspreader surfaces.

TfRb15t.jpg

Edited by Tataffe
Update & Extension

THIS SIGNATURE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

4 minutes ago, Tataffe said:

Intel published information about the chip on its indian website.

Good times ahead, if you ask me. Better than the recent years, at least when it comes to the CPU side of things.

Source

Why do you say?

Well if you remember the Radeon Group is a seperate company from AMD....however AMD has a lot of influence over there so now im wondering why they are allowing Intel to use their graphics....

4 minutes ago, Dang3r D3bbi3 said:

Well if you remember the Radeon Group is a seperate company from AMD....however AMD has a lot of influence over there so now im wondering why they are allowing Intel to use their graphics....

I'm pretty sure it's just a subsidiary.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

The chart is comparing to other desktop cpus, so 8809G is a desktop cpu. The p is wrong, according to Raja from AMD Intel, P stands for performance.

pGPU (Package Graphics)  pGPU (Performance Graphics)

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Just now, CUDA_Cores said:

Here's the ironic side of this:

Won't this cannibalize AMDs sales of any upcoming APUs?

I mean I suppose for AMD it doesn't matter because no matter what happens, they're still gonna be making money in the end. But I know if I was a consumer, I would go for the intel CPU with AMD graphics rather than an AMD APU due to their historically lower single-threaded performance. 

Maybe not due to price?

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

2 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

I mean I suppose for AMD it doesn't matter because no matter what happens, they're still gonna be making money in the end. But I know if I was a consumer, I would go for the intel CPU with AMD graphics rather than an AMD APU due to their historically lower single-threaded performance. 

I think these products are just targeting the higher end, while the APUs will target the lower end.

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

9 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

Remember though, AMD's APUs have an upgrade path to the rest of Ryzen. This is a BGA chip, not an LGA one.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Now if these VEGA M gpus are good and it's socket type, then I do wish some manufacture can make a cpu socket to PCIe adapter, like those old school days, where it can swap out just the chip instead of the whole video card.

Something like this, but PCIe

Slot1-Skt370-A2.jpg

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

Well thats intresting. I wonder if its the same trick AMD pulled on Raven Ridge or if its some different kind of Vega. It could be another re branded Vega 8 or Vega 10 graphics like those found on the mobile Raven Ridge APU's. I happen to have one in the form of the R5 2500U and if it just turns out to be just another mobile Vega chip that so happens to be on an Intel CPU then im not gonna be surprised. Idk im speculating lol 

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

10 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

That answers the question then. The screenshot shown gave no explanation to the sockets that will be used for these CPUs. 

Well, I'm working off of the motherboard where the CPU was shown as a BGA package on a micro-stx motherboard with plenty of VRM phases around it.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Just now, CUDA_Cores said:

that could easily be a prototype, or an FPGA which are typically mounted in BGA packages. 

The point is it's a prototype and we don't really know for sure what socket it will be released on. 

That being said releasing this CPU for the notebook market would make a ton of sense. But I don't see any of the "U" or "M" branding typically associated with mobile parts from intel in the CPU name. 

Image result for intel cpu amd gpu

I mean this image. Yeah no, I think it's a BGA part.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

47 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

Nope this is a dgpu hence it said vegaM graphics,intel 630 graphics

58 minutes ago, JDE said:

APUs will target the lower end.

The way lower end. They may be Zen-based, but I wouldn't expect them to be much better than last-gen's APUs.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

30 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

That is from the recent upcoming intel NUCs, where a BGA CPU would make sense. That doesn't tell us if this particular CPU seen on intels website will be BGA. Remember, intel makes one CPU architecture for many different sockets and they could be doing the same here as well. 

I mean recently though.. Coffee, Kaby, and Skylake were all on 1151. But what particularly gives this away for me is just the naming scheme. It should be something like i7-8800A, A for Accelerated or AMD or Amazing or whatever. The random '9' there just makes it look more like a mobile CPU.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

VEGA M GH?

VEGA

M = Mobile

G = Graphics

H = HorsePower

VEGA M GH = VEGA Mobile Graphic HorsePower

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

1 hour ago, JDE said:

RTG is a subsidiary, yes.

58 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

That is from the recent upcoming intel NUCs, where a BGA CPU would make sense. That doesn't tell us if this particular CPU seen on intels website will be BGA. Remember, intel makes one CPU architecture for many different sockets and they could be doing the same here as well. 

26 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

I mean recently though.. Coffee, Kaby, and Skylake were all on 1151. But what particularly gives this away for me is just the naming scheme. It should be something like i7-8800A, A for Accelerated or AMD or Amazing or whatever. The random '9' there just makes it look more like a mobile CPU.

It would have to go on a new socket and there has been no rumors of new sockets as far as I've heard which would also mean new motherboards, BGA sounds the most likely to me.

Tried to look for any official leaked specs through their specification white papers. None found. :/

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

1 hour ago, NumLock21 said:

VEGA M GH?

V = Video

E = Energy

G = Graphics

A = Application

M = Mobile

G = Graphics

H = HorsePower

VEGA M GH = Video Energy Graphics Application Mobile Graphic HorsePower

ftfy (not really, but we do need more acronyms so i made one)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Delta - Laptop

So intel is calling it a pGPU. I skimmed the article because I'm semi-working at the moment but does it explain what pGPU stands for?

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

5 hours ago, Dang3r D3bbi3 said:

5 hours ago, JDE said:

It's all under AMD, Radeon technologies group is nothing more than a division. It is still part of the main corporation.

6 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

Now if these VEGA M gpus are good and it's socket type, then I do wish some manufacture can make a cpu socket to PCIe adapter, like those old school days, where it can swap out just the chip instead of the whole video card.

Something like this, but PCIe

Slot1-Skt370-A2.jpg

Oooooo Never seen that before! That looks cool! Want! :) Any idea what that came with?

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

So these are gonna be mobile only, right? :(  Would be interesting to see a desktop version for an ultra sff gaming pc. Also looking forward to Raven Ridge for the same reasons. Those chips could be the real console killers I'd say. 

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido