Tech of Tomorrow potentially shutting down

Juanitology
39 minutes ago, leadeater said:

What would you have gotten instead or what do you think you should have gotten? Just wondering if it's more to do with Ryzen being slower than Intel at gaming rather than core count being the influencing factor or was it that you should have gone with a R7 1700?

I would have gotten a 1600 or another 1700.

-KuJoe

3 hours ago, KuJoe said:

Nope. He stated that in every game he tested there was a 0% FPS improvement between 4, 6, and 8 cores which was incorrect. He even went as far to say he researched it with other tech people and even tried sourcing benchmarks from his viewers but nobody could provide him a name of a game that would perform differently between 4 or 8 cores. After researching this question myself for days, I felt that this was the answer I was looking for since he seemed reputable and appeared to know what he was talking about. I know now (thanks to people here on the LTT forums) that he was wrong and I bought the wrong CPU as a result of his video. In the end it was my fault for believing him, but because he was so wrong in this one video that influenced my purchasing decision I won't be watching any more of his videos.

I'll just send him over my Cities Skylines map with 470k population that won't even load on less than an i7, let alone be playable.

4hc0R8v.jpg

It's grown since that screenshot, but I haven't bothered to make a new "map" since.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

3 hours ago, KuJoe said:

Nope. He stated that in every game he tested there was a 0% FPS improvement between 4, 6, and 8 cores which was incorrect. He even went as far to say he researched it with other tech people and even tried sourcing benchmarks from his viewers but nobody could provide him a name of a game that would perform differently between 4 or 8 cores. After researching this question myself for days, I felt that this was the answer I was looking for since he seemed reputable and appeared to know what he was talking about. I know now (thanks to people here on the LTT forums) that he was wrong and I bought the wrong CPU as a result of his video. In the end it was my fault for believing him, but because he was so wrong in this one video that influenced my purchasing decision I won't be watching any more of his videos.

Wait, you mean this video?

This video from a few months ago where he says a dual core with hyperthreading will play all your games, and more than 4 threads is not needed and a waste of money?

I know this will come off as "victim blaming" but come on dude... Whatever happened to being source critical and looking up things from multiple sources? Don't just trust a random video on Youtube which doesn't even provide a single shed of evidence to support his claims.

This is the problem with having uninformed people making videos that appears educational (I am looking at you @LinusTech). People trust others that speak in an authoritative tone. The sad truth is that 90% of reviewers today have little to no understanding of what they are actually talking about and should not be trusted (especially true for YouTube).

3 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Wait, you mean this video?

This video from a few months ago where he says a dual core with hyperthreading will play all your games, and more than 4 threads is not needed and a waste of money?

I know this will come off as "victim blaming" but come on dude... Whatever happened to being source critical and looking up things from multiple sources? Don't just trust a random video on Youtube which doesn't even provide a single shed of evidence to support his claims.

This is the problem with having uninformed people making videos that appears educational (I am looking at you @LinusTech). People trust others that speak in an authoritative tone. The sad truth is that 90% of reviewers today have little to no understanding of what they are actually talking about and should not be trusted (especially true for YouTube).

I did research this and this video mirrored the research I found. After finding this video I researched how credible this channel was and found overwhelmingly positive comments about it so I figured it was accurate. I also checked the comments on the video with a lot of the comments agreeing with him at the time. I also thought he was correct when I swapped my Ryzen 1700 with my 1500X and saw no FPS difference in the games I was playing but come to find out it was because of the games I was playing and not because the game engines couldn't take advantage of more cores.

-KuJoe

I used to be subbed to him a long ass time ago, but I unsubbed shortly after because he seemed like a dickhead, so I guess he's had this coming for a long time.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

On 12/21/2017 at 4:05 AM, Memories4K said:

People say Jay is a dick but at least Jay's actually cool, doesn't go after people like this, and knows his stuff.

Jay is really different , if you know him , you'd understand that he is just joking and playing it COOL , he doesn't really means it .

but with this guy "that i don't know much about his videos" , you can clearly see that he is attacking not joking around 

On 12/26/2017 at 2:34 PM, Red Hardware said:

Jay is really different , if you know him , you'd understand that he is just joking and playing it COOL , he doesn't really means it .

but with this guy "that i don't know much about his videos" , you can clearly see that he is attacking not joking around 

Jay does jump on people, but in a different way. He's more mocking then outright cruel and you can tell he's laughing at the person and not at all phased by people's stupidity. The one time where he seemed to get really annoyed at something was people jumping on him for not giving away all the hardware he doesn't use constantly and has on display in his office.

39 minutes ago, Derangel said:

Jay does jump on people, but in a different way. He's more mocking then outright cruel and you can tell he's laughing at the person and not at all phased by people's stupidity. The one time where he seemed to get really annoyed at something was people jumping on him for not giving away all the hardware he doesn't use constantly and has on display in his office.

People who would get pissed at Jay for not giving away his own property are entitled little shits who can go fuck themselves. Jay needs a set. If he doesn't use PC Parts, he'll just end up spending money buying other stuff, so in the end, what does it matter? Certainly looks better if a PC Tech channel has a PC Tech filled set.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

On 12/26/2017 at 3:34 PM, Red Hardware said:

"if only you know this guy sending death threats and telling people to commit suicide you'd know he's really funny and cool"

So... you and him lack any empathy whatsoever? "it's only a joke man".

Wow, after seeing him say stuff like that to people he can go fuck himself. 

Wtf has this thread turned into? A Tech YouTube Drama thread?

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

On 12/26/2017 at 7:10 PM, LAwLz said:

At least Linus had someone at his side who actually KNEW this stuff instead of merely being an "enthusiast".  But with Luke being at Floatplane now, I do worry a little about future videos indeed.

12 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Wtf has this thread turned into? A Tech YouTube Drama thread?

Hey, everyone loves Tech Youtube drama.  This one is nothing, trust me.  We've seen way worse.

4 hours ago, Selah said:

"if only you know this guy sending death threats and telling people to commit suicide you'd know he's really funny and cool"

So... you and him lack any empathy whatsoever? "it's only a joke man".

I'm confused. When has Jay sent someone death threats or told someone to commit suicide?

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

16 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

entitled little shits who can go fuck themselves.

Welcome to the millennial generation.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

11 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

I'm confused. When has Jay sent someone death threats or told someone to commit suicide?

I'm not sure exact if that's what he did with the two guys who made a couple of videos critiquing his videos. The two guys from LavcoPriceTech or PriceLavcoTech or something like that. I don't recall exactly what he did, but I do recall how pissed he was that someone dared to point out that he was wrong.

36 minutes ago, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

I'm not sure exact if that's what he did with the two guys who made a couple of videos critiquing his videos. The two guys from LavcoPriceTech or PriceLavcoTech or something like that. I don't recall exactly what he did, but I do recall how pissed he was that someone dared to point out that he was wrong.

The people behind Lavcopricetech are complete morons and tend to be total douchebags when they talk about other channels. They don't "point out" that people are wrong, they outright attack them. They're blind, incredibly uninformed, fanboys of companies and get pissy when other channels have problems with the companies they love.

The only "threat" that I can find that went their way was either Jay or Nic talking about potentially issuing a copyright strike on the channel for them stealing content. Nothing ever came of that except the morons getting pissy over it.

11 minutes ago, Derangel said:

The people behind Lavcopricetech are complete morons and tend to be total douchebags when they talk about other channels. They don't "point out" that people are wrong, they outright attack them. They're blind, incredibly uninformed, fanboys of companies and get pissy when other channels have problems with the companies they love.

Not even close, mate. I didn't even knew about them before Jay's little tantrum, after it I've found their channel and watched them and they were not as Jay or as you describe them at all. They just point out a couple of things wrong with what others say, however the fanboys of those certain people instantly attacked them cause fanboyism.

2 minutes ago, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

Not even close, mate. I didn't even knew about them before Jay's little tantrum, after it I've found their channel and watched them and they were not as Jay or as you describe them at all. They just point out a couple of things wrong with what others say, however the fanboys of those certain people instantly attacked them cause fanboyism.

Wrong. I've watched their stuff. I used to watch a bunch of their content. I stopped watching them long before the stuff with Jay. I'd put them on a level even lower than 3DGAMEMAN when it comes to how trustworthy they are.

1 hour ago, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

Lavco channel is shit. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

7 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

Welcome to the millennial generation.

Definitely not an issue with Millennials in general. Plus, Millennials are people born in the early 2000's at the latest. Most of the younger folks (often ones without jobs who don't understand the value of earning money), are actually Generation-Z, not millennials.

Certainly some Millennials are like that. But I know Gen Xers like that too. Or Baby boomers.

He apparently had both of his feet amputated and he said that,

"In the first few months of 2017 after losing both my feet to amputation and pain killers I was an angry mess and said things to people in anger that I should not have, but I publicly apologized and never did it again so for those who keep throwing it in my face should chill out!"

https://twitter.com/TechOf_Tomorrow/status/946308078785380352

He didn't control his emotions at all it seems. But he can't blame is anger at having his feet being removed for the way he acted. He's a professional and looked at as one. He should have controlled his anger.

On the Jay topic, he doesn't care. If someone wants to offend him, he will either A) ignore them, or B) straight up call them out. Like the Mayhem's incident. He was ashamed at what he got and how the situation was handled. The only way to get the people over at Mayhem's to realize this issue and care enough was to put them on blast and it was the right thing to do. That's what I like about him. Hell, sometimes love.

But what ToT did wasn't right at all. Regardless of his situation.

*Insert Name* R̶y̶z̶e̶n̶ Intel Build!  https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/748542-insert-name-r̶y̶z̶e̶n̶-intel-build/

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS Z270X Gaming 5 CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K GPU: ASUS STRIX OC GTX 1080 RAM: Corsair Ballistix Sport LT 2400mhz Cooler: Enermax ETS-T40F-BK PSU: Corsair CX750M SSD: PNY CS1311 120GB HDD: Seagate Momentum 2.5" 7200RPM 500GB

8 minutes ago, Brehohn said:

He apparently had both of his feet amputated and he said that,

"In the first few months of 2017 after losing both my feet to amputation and pain killers I was an angry mess and said things to people in anger that I should not have, but I publicly apologized and never did it again so for those who keep throwing it in my face should chill out!"

https://twitter.com/TechOf_Tomorrow/status/946308078785380352

Well, that's a lie.

The messages in my post were from 2014-2015, and the tweet I posted where he tells FedEx that he hopes they die a horrible death was earlier this month.

He was not "an angry mess in the first few few months of 2017 2016" (he corrected himself in another tweet). He has been an asshole for years and to me it seems like he is trying to play the victim card now.

"Yes I've been telling people to kill themselves for years, and I wished horrible deaths to people a few weeks ago, but people should be nice to me now because I am sorry".

Sorry buddy, but I won't be nice to you just because you've had it rough. But unlike you I can dislike someone without wishing them horrible deaths. Hope you get better.

On 12/29/2017 at 10:26 AM, dalekphalm said:

Definitely not an issue with Millennials in general. Plus, Millennials are people born in the early 2000's at the latest. Most of the younger folks (often ones without jobs who don't understand the value of earning money), are actually Generation-Z, not millennials.

Certainly some Millennials are like that. But I know Gen Xers like that too. Or Baby boomers.

Generation-Z, Gen Xers? Dear god I have no idea wtf those actually are lol. Young idiots is far easier xD

42 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Well, that's a lie.

The messages in my post were from 2014-2015, and the tweet I posted where he tells FedEx that he hopes they die a horrible death was earlier this month.

He was not "an angry mess in the first few few months of 2017 2016" (he corrected himself in another tweet). He has been an asshole for years and to me it seems like he is trying to play the victim card now.

"Yes I've been telling people to kill themselves for years, and I wished horrible deaths to people a few weeks ago, but people should be nice to me now because I am sorry".

Sorry buddy, but I won't be nice to you just because you've had it rough. But unlike you I can dislike someone without wishing them horrible deaths. Hope you get better.

Let's not take what he said to FedEx out of context. He said he hopes FedEx, as in the company, dies a horrible death. He never wished death on anyone working for FedEx. Companies are not people, wishing the a company would die is not the same as wishing a person would.