Tech of Tomorrow potentially shutting down

Juanitology
2 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Where did I say to send Elric money?

If someone saying that they want to kill themselves doesn't mean anything to you, then all I can say is that I hope you're not on the receiving end of that phone call someday.

Nobody in this thread has mocked the man for his suicidal thoughts. The person that compared him to their ex-girlfriend did so in the context of the insulting messages he sent his viewers, not the context of his tweet. One claiming they are suicidal does not automatically make them immune to criticism.

I do hope the man makes it back to a stable and sound mind, and I certainly hope he can maintain a healthy mentality once he gets there, but you cannot dismiss the irony others are seeing from a man that has wished violent and brutal deaths upon people just as little as 2-3 weeks ago. 

I personally do not think twitter is the best place to voice ones depression, as there are plenty of professionals willing to help those in need (along with a ton of resources to access those professionals) but I'd much rather see him admit he has those feelings than to bottle them up and be consumed by them one day. I won't touch upon whether or not I feel it was done for attention, because it's not relevant to the thread, but I can say that his past attitude lends him very little credibility as far as sympathy goes, and I can understand why people are hesitant to take his side. 

Hopefully he sees his past transgressions as something to learn from, and with a little hope, he might even be able to turn it around in the future. That's life in a nutshell. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

4 hours ago, aisle9 said:

Where did I say to send Elric money?

If someone saying that they want to kill themselves doesn't mean anything to you, then all I can say is that I hope you're not on the receiving end of that phone call someday.

He's talking about having lost his business partners and not receiving his usual rate of income, what do you think he actually feels bad about? $$$. That's the source of his worry and concern. Nothing wrong with being concerned of your financial future but let's not pretend it's anything else that literally all of us deal with on a daily basis.

Yeah, in the context of his abuse and failing business, it doesn't.
I don't feel bad that Elric is depressed about the repercussions of his own choices, no.
Being suicidal doesn't mean you get a reset card and everyone has to like you or pretend that what you did was ok.

Again, nobody is going after or targeting Elric here.
Nobody wants to see him kill himself and nobody here is egging him on to do.

Stop being a little edgelord white-knight for your favorite content creator thinking we should all support somebody we don't even actively like.
I didn't feel bad for Logan, i'm not gonna feel bad for Elric.

4 hours ago, MageTank said:

One claiming they are suicidal does not automatically make them immune to criticism.

^

"If you ain't first, you're last"

1 minute ago, LukaH said:

he didn't lose both legs or that's some wicked sick green screen/cgi magic

"check it out I'm gonna stand up now"

Have you considered the possibility that he has... I dunno... prosthetic leg(s)?

I mean, it's 2017. We've had prosthetics in some forms for literally hundreds of years.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

13 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Have you considered the possibility that he has... I dunno... prosthetic leg(s)?

I mean, it's 2017. We've had prosthetics in some forms for literally hundreds of years.

go ez im noob. 

the running and the stand up part seemed to fluid. after a closer look the telltale signs were there.

GPU drivers giving you a hard time? Try this! (DDU)

11 minutes ago, LukaH said:

go ez im noob. 

the running and the stand up part seemed to fluid. after a closer look the telltale signs were there.

The telltale signs of what? Look I'm not picking on you or anything, but unless you, or a close friend/family member has prosthetic legs, then you're not an expert on how they can move around.

I know I'm not, so I can definitely not rule out him having prosthetics from that simple clip. You barely see him move at all, and half the time, most of his body is out of the shot.

If you keep watching up to around the 4:30 mark, you can see he's constantly "shuffling" around, making small movements that actually lift his legs up. If he had two feet, he likely wouldn't need to do that, as he could properly balance and move his upper body around without having to take additional steps. If he lost his feet, the prosthetics may be very small, and he might still have his own natural knees (I'm fairly sure I can see "knees" in the video), and even possibly most of his original lower legs.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

11 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

If you keep watching up to around the 4:30 mark, you can see he's constantly "shuffling" around, making small movements that actually lift his legs up. If he had two feet, he likely wouldn't need to do that, as he could properly balance and move his upper body around without having to take additional steps. If he lost his feet, the prosthetics may be very small, and he might still have his own natural knees (I'm fairly sure I can see "knees" in the video), and even possibly most of his original lower legs.

yes this is what is was referring to, usually people dont do that.

GPU drivers giving you a hard time? Try this! (DDU)

Just now, LukaH said:

yes this is what is was referring to, usually people dont do that.

Ah okay - I wasn't really sure what you meant.

No worries.

21 hours ago, Brehohn said:

He was highly knowledgeable about everything and gave amazing information on such things.

Løl, no he wasn't. Most of the stuff he said was factually incorrect, and it was clear he never really knew what he was talking about half the time.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

6 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

IIRC he had his toes amputated. This happens by amputating about 1/3 of the foot from right behind the balls of the feet forward towards the toes. 

Main System: EVGA GTX 1080 SC, i7 8700, 16GB DDR4 Corsair LPX 3000mhz CL15, Asus Z370 Prime A, Noctua NH D15, EVGA GQ 650W, Fractal Design Define R5, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, 500gb Samsung 850 Evo
Secondary System: EVGA GTX 780ti SC, i5 3570k @ 4.5ghz, 16gb DDR3 1600mhz, MSI Z77 G43, Noctua NH D15, EVGA GQ 650W, Fractal Design Define R4, 3TB WD Caviar Blue, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo

16 hours ago, LukaH said:

he didn't lose both legs or that's some wicked sick green screen/cgi magic

"check it out I'm gonna stand up now"

Amputated his toes.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

17 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

The telltale signs of what? Look I'm not picking on you or anything, but unless you, or a close friend/family member has prosthetic legs, then you're not an expert on how they can move around.

I know I'm not, so I can definitely not rule out him having prosthetics from that simple clip. You barely see him move at all, and half the time, most of his body is out of the shot.

Actually he does has almost his full leg and his amputation was mostly toes I believe.

But here's what you're not considering: He is a diabetic. Infections due to poor circulation are just part of the issue the other part is that nerves basically die (the famous "you couldn't feel pain or an obvious infection so you didn't realize) but I can tell you that way before you get to that point your feet already get incredibly numb and it becomes rather challenging to stand up and walk around since your balance is screwed up by either 1) Not being able to properly feel your feet, specially your toes and 2) If you do feel it's usually a magnified shooting pain, feels like stepping on needles at worst or usually as if your feet fell asleep from sitting on it except it never goes away it just feels like that all of the time.

I usually get both 1) and 2) so even though I look down and check my feet are flat on the ground it feels like I am stepping sideways or my foot is twisted or there's something stucked in the middle. Somebody who has significant progression of diabetic neuropathy will probably act as if he was wearing prostetic limbs because basically, for all intends and purposes you are.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Thread cleaned.

Regardless of any grudges you may hold against someone on this forum or outside of it, it is not in any way acceptable to encourage their suicide or to accuse them of being dishonest about their mental health. These kind of accusations are incredibly dangerous for plenty of reasons, and won't be tolerated on LTT.

This discussion will stay open so long as it remains civil.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

7 minutes ago, Whiskers said:

Thread cleaned.

Regardless of any grudges you may hold against someone on this forum or outside of it, it is not in any way acceptable to encourage their suicide or to accuse them of being dishonest about their mental health. These kind of accusations are incredibly dangerous for plenty of reasons, and won't be tolerated on LTT.

This discussion will stay open so long as it remains civil.

For a minute I thought your title says CSS Cod. :P

Cod as in this

https://www.google.com/search?q=cod+fish&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjCtPuoy6DYAhVE6iYKHdd0AgoQ_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=940

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I can't say I'll miss him. If what some people have posted in this thread is true then it's not hard to see why he might have lost his business partners.

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB

Has 500k subscribers on YouTube but can't keep a steady income. Am I missing something here?

In any event, hope he gets the help he needs. Suicide is not the answer.

Didn't know this guy still exists. I always find him too cringe to watch. Hope things get better for him, tho.

Ryzen 5 3600 | EVGA CLC240 | EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Ultra | ASRock B450 Pro4 | 16gb EVGA SuperSC DDR4-3200 | 1tb WD SN550 | 2tb SanDisk Ultra 3DEVGA P2 650w | Fractal Design Meshify CViewSonic VX2758-2KP-MHD + ViewSonic VS2412-H | GHS.RAR (Boba U4s, Staebies, GMK Aurora Polaris + Artisans) | Steelseries Aerox Ghost | Artisan-Japan Ninja FX Hien (M/Soft) | Fostex HP-A3 | Fostex PM0.3G | Fostex T60RP | Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro | Beyerdynamic FOX

I've only ever watched one of his videos which was a few months back. Unfortunately the video was full of incorrect information and I made a bad purchase as a result from his video so I won't be watching any more of his videos.

-KuJoe

1 hour ago, KuJoe said:

I've only ever watched one of his videos which was a few months back. Unfortunately the video was full of incorrect information and I made a bad purchase as a result from his video so I won't be watching any more of his videos.

Which video? 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

4 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

Which video? 

The one about how many cores you need for gaming.

-KuJoe

5 hours ago, KuJoe said:

What did you buy?

31 minutes ago, leadeater said:

What did you buy?

A Ryzen 1500X

-KuJoe

2 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

To be fair he was using the logic of choosing i5 vs i7 in a budget for gaming prior to Ryzen, to the Ryzen stack.

Nope. He stated that in every game he tested there was a 0% FPS improvement between 4, 6, and 8 cores which was incorrect. He even went as far to say he researched it with other tech people and even tried sourcing benchmarks from his viewers but nobody could provide him a name of a game that would perform differently between 4 or 8 cores. After researching this question myself for days, I felt that this was the answer I was looking for since he seemed reputable and appeared to know what he was talking about. I know now (thanks to people here on the LTT forums) that he was wrong and I bought the wrong CPU as a result of his video. In the end it was my fault for believing him, but because he was so wrong in this one video that influenced my purchasing decision I won't be watching any more of his videos.

-KuJoe

27 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

Nope. He stated that in every game he tested there was a 0% FPS improvement between 4, 6, and 8 cores which was incorrect. He even went as far to say he researched it with other tech people and even tried sourcing benchmarks from his viewers but nobody could provide him a name of a game that would perform differently between 4 or 8 cores. After researching this question myself for days, I felt that this was the answer I was looking for since he seemed reputable and appeared to know what he was talking about. I know now (thanks to people here on the LTT forums) that he was wrong and I bought the wrong CPU as a result of his video. In the end it was my fault for believing him, but because he was so wrong in this one video that influenced my purchasing decision I won't be watching any more of his videos.

What would you have gotten instead or what do you think you should have gotten? Just wondering if it's more to do with Ryzen being slower than Intel at gaming rather than core count being the influencing factor or was it that you should have gone with a R7 1700?