Wheres Air Pressure Investigation Part 2?

arbellason55
Go to solution Solved by LinusTech,

We're also frequently late on sponsored stuff if that makes any difference to any of you. LG TV Window pt3 is months late, and so was the Samsung ultimate RAID thing. Stuff happens.

We do our best to put out the best video we can each within the constraints that we have.

We'll get to it :)

I asked luke on his stream and he said that someone else is finishing the video, but he said he wishes he didn't do it because the PCs weren't cared for correctly. 

• 1 month later...

1 year ago Luke made the video Air Pressure Investigation part 1 and Im wondering if there is a part 2 in the works. I hope he didn't forget.

Not in FP yet, but might just be todays prime time video. I haven't watched WAN yet so I don't know if it was mentioned there.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

14 minutes ago, Nicnac said:

Let it finally be done I can't take anymore people asking about this stupid video lol xD

at this point i dont even care about the result since i can pretty already tell wha'ts going to happen

Positive pressure = less dust

nuetral = some dust

negative = lots of dust

with that said, since they were near the construction site, i cant help but feel as though the test has been somewhat compromised and now the results are worth nothing as it was supposed to be a real life test. the average person is not going to be doing construction right next to their PC

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

3 minutes ago, Sierra Fox said:

at this point i dont even care about the result since i can pretty already tell wha'ts going to happen

Positive pressure = less dust

nuetral = some dust

negative = lots of dust

with that said, since they were near the construction site, i cant help but feel as though the test has been somewhat compromised and now the results are worth nothing as it was supposed to be a real life test. the average person is not going to be doing construction right next to their PC

couldn't agree more

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

I have been waiting for this as well, but mostly for the funny factor.

I enjoy Luke's hosting style.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 minute ago, SansVarnic said:

I have been waiting for this as well, but mostly for the funny factor.

I enjoy Luke's hosting style.

I will definitely watch it as well :) I just think it has been really overhyped xD

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

2 minutes ago, Nicnac said:

I will definitely watch it as well :) I just think it has been really overhyped xD

I remember thinking, when watching the first video last year, that Luke was wasting his time but I agree that maybe this finally will put this debate to rest; what better way than to do a year long test and have obvious empirical evidence? yeah this will do it.

1 hour ago, Sierra Fox said:

I don't think this will matter to much, it will only provide a bit more dust for the systems to work with.

I think the point of the year long was to allow for enough time to have enough dust build up for better results.

IMO

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Hello there!

I was just wondering if we were going to see Part 2 of this year-long test soon? Or did the test get scrapped due to construction work and other things? I would just like to know, thanks!

Yeah you've had an entire day where is my video i am outraged!

Completely forgot about this I'm very interested to see the results.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

- Topics Merged -

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I assume it started the 4-6th of dec last year, so finished then, plus editing time as their editing quality and hosting style are much more detailed than last year, and also the fact luke is constantly busy, I would say that they will have the video ready by about the 12th-14th for floatplane and a week later on YT

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

As in the title. was initially uploaded to youtube December-8, 2016.

Been hanging out for this all year? Please don't tell me it got choped when you renovated the warehouse?

Regards

Jordan

Honestly I'm super friggin curious about it too. It'd be super interesting to see how they did with all of the dust and whatknot from the recent renovations.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

It'll probably be out soon, remember they make quite a few videos daily. It'll be on Floatplane first(probably within the next couple weeks I'm guessing) and then after that it'll be on YouTube for all us peasa- poor people that can't afford Floatplane.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Well, if they are actually going for a full year, they would've just started filming it. So it'll take about a week or more to film(maybe)?

Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U *insert firetruck picture* :) 

FP member as well. Thought I'd give them 2 days grace ;) (in Aus so it's Dec.10 now) I knew it'd be a long shot to get it out exactly 1 year to the day.

Regards

Jordan

Just now, JFAllen said:

FP member as well. Thought I'd give them 2 days grace ;) (in Aus so it's Dec.10 now) I knew it'd be a long shot to get it out exactly 1 year to the day.

Regards

Jordan

No, it'd be at least a week before it hit FP, given filming, more in-depth analysis, explaining things that happened during the test time, and then editing.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

well, keep in mind that they also filmed the original before release, so that shouldn't be a factor.

that being said, I didn't expect it to be exactly a year. probably before end of 2017 though.

Q4 is always the busiest

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

ummm the test itself just finished iirc

they still have to film and edit which can take weeks depending on priority

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

4 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

- Topics Merged -

Thanks, somehow missed this when I was looking to see if someone had posted it already or not. Glad to see they posted that photo in October. I'm wondering if the results will be that different from one another!