Wheres Air Pressure Investigation Part 2?

arbellason55
Go to solution Solved by LinusTech,

We're also frequently late on sponsored stuff if that makes any difference to any of you. LG TV Window pt3 is months late, and so was the Samsung ultimate RAID thing. Stuff happens.

We do our best to put out the best video we can each within the constraints that we have.

We'll get to it :)

12 minutes ago, TheGleaner said:

I wonder if they are still running, I mean if they had a power outage or something.

They have UPS's

On 10/15/2017 at 11:26 PM, Kavawuvi said:

Judging by the upload date of this video, results are not for another couple of months.

On 10/15/2017 at 11:18 PM, Damascus said:

Was mentioned on the WAN show  a couple months ago

Thanks guys! I wasn't completely sure but I knew it felt like it had been ages, so when I saw the set teardown and didn't see it I got a little worried

16 minutes ago, ElishaShaddock said:

Thanks guys! I wasn't completely sure but I knew it felt like it had been ages, so when I saw the set teardown and didn't see it I got a little worried

its running, was mentioned couple weeks back somewhere on a reddit ama

Someone is asking about it on a bi-weekly basis, so I doubt they'd be able to forget about it even if they wanted to.

Anyone who tells you that you can't do something is unimaginative and probably a coward.

On 10/9/2017 at 4:17 AM, AijtNL said:

Wait, did I miss something about the computers that were suppose to be on for like a year? They're gone.

On 10/9/2017 at 5:53 AM, LinusTech said:

Still running. Moved upstairs to the office. 

From Set destruction vlog thread in FP section.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 2 weeks later...

Are we gonna see Long Term Dust Project updates soon? Since they mentioned it in that one Wan Show I can't wait. Let's get my bruh Sippy P respond to this cause I'm hyped af

2 minutes ago, mankeez said:

Are we gonna see Long Term Dust Project updates soon? Since they mentioned it in that one Wan Show I can't wait. Let's get my bruh Sippy P respond to this cause I'm hyped af

Well, they posted the video last December and they said they'd run them for a year so my guess would be that we'll see them again in...  Hold on here... Just a second... Wait for it... This December.

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

Well, they posted the video last December and they said they'd run them for a year so my guess would be that we'll see them again in...  Hold on here... Just a second... Wait for it... This December.

Alright then getting pretty damn close!

1 minute ago, kerradeph said:

I'm a little curious how all the construction work has impacted them. 

They've mentioned moving the rigs several times throughout the year. Beyond that, perhaps more dust than normal due to it.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

44 minutes ago, kerradeph said:

Dusty.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 10/29/2017 at 3:37 PM, kerradeph said:

I was thinking the same.  If they started set construction before moving them I imagine they would be covered in saw dust

• 2 weeks later...

What happened to this benchmark, does anyone have any information on this? Will there be a part 2?  I couldn't find anything.

The deadline is a month from now.

The conclusion will be there in a month, it has been mentioned a couple times on the WAN show that these PC's are still running

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Linus showed them running in a live stream. It hasn’t been a year yet. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

I feel like this is asked every other week. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

Gosh it has been an entire year... how time flies....

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

2 hours ago, daniloraf said:

I couldn't find anything.

The deadline is a month from now.

You seem to be quite aware of when we will have another video :P

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

12 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Why do people keep bringing up this video, which would take a YEAR, which was posted in DECEMBER, and then asking if it's done yet prior to DECEMBER???

Are people unsure how long a YEAR is?

I wasn't asking if it was done. I was asking for information on the ongoing effort.

I was doing that because, well... generally speaking, because institutions fail, because companies close projects, people give up, etc. Even the host on this particular video has moved on to Floatplane since Dec 2016, apparently. This mistrust felt by consumers/viewers, combined with their (our) eagerness to watch the results, to see the benchmark through, generates a mild form of anxiety. This is what causes Apple fanboys to stand in line for a new iphone, it's what makes you probably jump quickly across lakes of fire to get your phone when you hear some app beeping.

Also, please note that I was fully aware of the fact that a YEAR will only be completed in DECEMBER (hence the phrase "The deadline is a month from now."). Now, you may wonder why I didn't choose to query the forum AFTER the deadline. Well, one might say I have an internal Locus Of Control, and, just in case they had given up or were thinking of giving up, maybe there would be enough traction in the forum to make LTT choose to make and air part 2 because of many people asking them to do just that. 

In regards to your second question, I believe most people are pretty sure how long a year is. I could be wrong, depending on which calendar some users adhere to (this being a global forum, and all). If we are talking about the roman calendar, I believe the vast majority of users on this forum are pretty sure about the whole revolution around the sun thing.

Thanks

6 hours ago, daniloraf said:

... Now, you may wonder why I didn't choose to query the forum AFTER the deadline. ...

The main problems is that you didn't SEARCH before posting. This questions is asked weekly or bi-weekly. For almost year now. Started like 2 months in.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 hours ago, daniloraf said:

I was doing that because, well... generally speaking, because institutions fail, because companies close projects, people give up, etc. Even the host on this particular video has moved on to Floatplane since Dec 2016, apparently. This mistrust felt by consumers/viewers, combined with their (our) eagerness to watch the results, to see the benchmark through, generates a mild form of anxiety. This is what causes Apple fanboys to stand in line for a new iphone, it's what makes you probably jump quickly across lakes of fire to get your phone when you hear some app beeping.

This doesn't make any sense at all.   If you feel anxiety because you have mistrust towards online content creators about their ability to follow-through . . . that's just you having anxiety problems.  Don't make-up some widespread issue just to cover up the fact that you didn't even do a single search.  You started this thread by saying:  "Will there be a part 2?  I couldn't find anything."  You couldn't find anything because you didn't try.

2 hours ago, Vantage9 said:

"Will there be a part 2?  I couldn't find anything."  You couldn't find anything because you didn't try.

Thats not fair. OP didn't find anything because it isn't made/released yet. There's no excuse for not searching for threads about it though.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv